Latest resources

2020 Fictional Soda Wars Carset (MENCS19) DAT Designs
Fictional re imagining of the infamous Soda Wars for the 2020 Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
112 2020 NXS17 cars canadienhits
112 2020 NXS17 cars 2020-07-06
112 2020 Xfinity cars for the NXS17 mod painted up by canadienhits
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
FreeCamera NascarMan32
FreeCamera 1.1.0.1
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
42 - Credit One Bank Camaro - POC2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
42 - Credit One Bank Camaro - POC1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

MrDude68

Reaction score
Ah... to believe that amazing graphics mean that the game will be equally amazing in its play....

From the people that probably never knew the original console classics, where the gameplay was amazing. Seems as though, because we put so much emphasis on how it looks, that we tend to ignore the rather piss poor gameplay. This is why I stay away from games that put a TON of emphasis on how it looks.
Exactly. It seems like everyone has gotten so wrapped up in the graphics and online multiplayer these days that the game quality for those of us that like to play by ourselves goes to shit. And then you add DLC into the mix... Take me back to the past lol

David24

Reaction score
It was heavily implied that that was the primary concern is how a game looks.
Where? I mean all I said was that the Forza Nascar looks better.

Am I the only one here that is actually content with nr2003 graphics?? With all the add-on's and what not, it, to me, looks amazing even when held against some other offerings in the NASCAR realm, and IMO, while the intricate detail isn't present in nr2003 as it is in newer games, it still can hold it's own.
No you're not and that was exactly my point. NR2003 isn't still heavily supported and played after 13 years just because of graphics. And I don't mean that NR2003 has bad graphics, because well you put it perfectly.

I think buying a game because it looks pretty is a great way to be disappointed (not to mention waste a fair amount of money, money that simply put, doesn't come easily for some).
Very true that is why I don't even bother with the newer Nascar games, unless it is claimed to be rivaled by NR2003 well after initial release. I don't even care.

I, and many others that I know, would rather take a small hit in looks and have a solid game with great replay value than, especially in Eutechnyx case, an overly polished turd. None of this is necessarily directed at anyone, I'm just fed up with devs doing work that is deemed to be "good enough". NASCAR fans have been left to the wolves and iRacing's mercy because of that mentality, while Madden gets a damn remake every. single. year. Absolutely obnoxious, and not holding devs to a standard is what allows for the crap we've gotten to continue.
Well said

NascarMan32

Well-Known Moron
Reaction score
It was heavily implied that that was the primary concern is how a game looks.

Am I the only one here that is actually content with nr2003 graphics?? With all the add-on's and what not, it, to me, looks amazing even when held against some other offerings in the NASCAR realm, and IMO, while the intricate detail isn't present in nr2003 as it is in newer games, it still can hold it's own.

I think buying a game because it looks pretty is a great way to be disappointed (not to mention waste a fair amount of money, money that simply put, doesn't come easily for some). NHE was exactly that. I played it for 6 hours, giving it a fair shake after all the hype, hoping that maybe, just maybe, we could have a solid game. NOPE. I uninstalled it after the first patch failed to correct glaring issues. I'm tired of hearing "it was their first try, give em a chance". I learned from the Eutechnyx debacle. I will give DMR this much: I'll TRY their next one, if it doesn't shake out to be exceptionally better than this, I'm not wasting my time/money on "support them to make it better/make the next one better" scheme.

I, and many others that I know, would rather take a small hit in looks and have a solid game with great replay value than, especially in Eutechnyx case, an overly polished turd. None of this is necessarily directed at anyone, I'm just fed up with devs doing work that is deemed to be "good enough". NASCAR fans have been left to the wolves and iRacing's mercy because of that mentality, while Madden gets a damn remake every. single. year. Absolutely obnoxious, and not holding devs to a standard is what allows for the crap we've gotten to continue.

/rant
Personally, I like the graphics in NR2003 better. The car bodies look much less "plastickey," and as a result, I can't imagine the newer games having as good physics as the NR2003 because my mind (don't ask why) automatically associates them with toy cars, which can't deform or bend at all.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Here's the update: looks to be a model/team update

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nd-dynasty-and-more.aspx#nascar2017teamupdate

Summary: costs $9.99

Some of the changes in the update include:

• New team rosters including the absence of Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle; the inclusion of the new Toyota Camry model; and Stewart-Haas Racing's switch to Fords.
  • New drivers such as Daniel Suarez, Ty Dillon, and Ryan Reed, as well as new rides for the likes of Landon Cassill (#34), Matt DiBenedetto (#32), and David Ragan (#38).
  • New paint schemes and sponsors, including Monster Energy's sponsorship of the Cup series (formerly the Sprint Cup), and 5 Hour Energy.
  • The 2017 Schedule
  • 2017 Models/rosters are NOT for online; the option is disabled.

KahneRacing945

3-Time USORL Rally Winner
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the update: looks to be a model/team update

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nd-dynasty-and-more.aspx#nascar2017teamupdate

Summary: costs $9.99

Some of the changes in the update include:

• New team rosters including the absence of Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle; the inclusion of the new Toyota Camry model; and Stewart-Haas Racing's switch to Fords.
  • New drivers such as Daniel Suarez, Ty Dillon, and Ryan Reed, as well as new rides for the likes of Landon Cassill (#34), Matt DiBenedetto (#32), and David Ragan (#38).
  • New paint schemes and sponsors, including Monster Energy's sponsorship of the Cup series (formerly the Sprint Cup), and 5 Hour Energy.
  • The 2017 Schedule
  • 2017 Models/rosters are NOT for online; the option is disabled.
Not mad at this actually, it makes sense to me.

My theory is that DMR is giving us 2017 cars for now while they work on a game for a Late 2017/Early 2018 release.

Spike

Reaction score
Wow with all the DLC for the Pc version and the game, now $29.99, your paying almost $100.

Lap_Down

Reaction score
Man, when is this game gonna drop to 20 bucks or lower... I already downloaded all the free Toyota DLC stuff on my PS4. LOL.

nj9703

Very Stable Genius
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating that DMR won't be making the next game anyway, so it doesn't surprise me that they're taking "Racing" out of their name, or anything to relate to that name.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
Is there going to be anymore Paint Scheme Packs?
Pretty sure they are done working with this game. If anything, focus is going to be (whoever is doing it) on the next iteration, which, if that one bombs out as well, will pretty much ensure my staying on nr2003 and iRacing. Quite tired of the letdowns by these companies.

Sad to say, as much as I criticized them before, I REALLY miss EA back in the Thunder days. At this point I'm willing to beg them to take us (the NASCAR racing community) back lol

ktforbes

Reaction score
Pretty sure they are done working with this game. If anything, focus is going to be (whoever is doing it) on the next iteration, which, if that one bombs out as well, will pretty much ensure my staying on nr2003 and iRacing. Quite tired of the letdowns by these companies.

Sad to say, as much as I criticized them before, I REALLY miss EA back in the Thunder days. At this point I'm willing to beg them to take us (the NASCAR racing community) back lol
I agree. Hopefully the game coming out in the fall is better then this one but I have very low expectations.