1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NASCAR Heat Evolution Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat Evolution' started by Lookey2000, May 19, 2016.

1. ayrwolf

ayrwolf Well-Known Member

2. radney

radney Well-Known Member

I do believe that it's going to be better than last year's game. The question is.....is it going to be marginally better or leaps and bounds better that will give you that "WOW" factor?

3. rwarchol

rwarchol Member

I'm just worried on how in the article they state mostly MP and Career Mode updates. If you can't build good AI then there really isn't a point to a better career mode or all 3 series that's been speculated.

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Melter of Snowflakes

What's worse is they praised the feel of the car too.... IMO the worst 'feel' I've had in a car since n64

5. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I thought the EA Nascar games were bad. Then I played Eutechnyx Nascar game and thought it was much more terrible. Then I tried NHE and found out it tops the Eutechnyx titles.

Lesson: When you think things can't get worse, they do

Mystical and RacerXero84 like this.
  6. watsonz

watsonz Member

7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Well-Known Member

Skid marks in the grass. I see how this game is going.

8. RacerXero84

I just hope they fix the god-awful physics, then maybe a better career mode. Give me that, I'll part with my money. Maybe.

And how about they learn from EA/DICE's Battlefront II (I can't believe I'm using THEM as a reference point for this...) and not hide 25%+ of the game behind DLC and paywalls??

Mystical and dalejr88rox like this.
  9. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Obviously really early, but looks exactly the same as NHE. They will never make a good game unless they get away from the Unity engine.

Also, lime green walls at Charlotte anyone? Maybe they know what we don't. Pockrass said they'd be yellow for the ASR, maybe they'll change over the week.
    /speculation

10. RacerXero84

Glare and bad picture makes it look green. They are still very much yellow, but the engine right now also has this cheap-ass glow to it, which also lends to the greenish hue.

dalejr88rox and nj9703 like this.
  11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

It has to be leaps and bounds for sure.

Seriously. I thought that NHE would be thegame to finally do things right but its history repeating itself over and over again with Nascar titles. I don't know why we've been plagued with poor Nascar games for so many years but maybe one day it will finally stop.

12. Matthew124

Matthew124 Well-Known Member

Unless they're going to drastically improve their game play then prettier graphics, better sounds, and new "features" will just be putting lipstick on a pig. There's too many good racing games on the market now to get by on mediocrity.

ayrwolf and RacerXero84 like this.
  13. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

I feel like some of you guys are expecting all NASCAR games now to be like iracing ....when its not the same people who made iracing.
    Am i the only person that thinks NHE isn't THAT bad game?

theusar likes this.
  14. RacerXero84

Depends. What we expect is something equal to or greater than what has been given to us in the past. Thunder 03 through Thunder 07, by contrast, were amazing compared to NHE. In terms of AI, they were superior. Heck, NASCAR 15 was superior in that regard, and FELT better. I'm not necessarily looking for an offline iRacing (because, given time, that is also likely coming based on the surveys), I'm looking for a game that provides entertainment instead of frustration. I'll even go with something that drives properly at this point, to hell with the graphics. I've seen far too many games that LOOK amazing, but get past the visuals, and it's a turd painted gold (NHE, the latest Battlefront, the list goes on and on).

MrDude68, David24 and Mystical like this.
  15. Matthew124

I enjoy playing the game in "spurts" but it's not something I keep thinking about playing each time I look at my shelves to choose which game I'm playing today. I'm not looking for them to make a game like iRacing, no. I'm looking for them to actually improve their game and create a better racing experience. The fact that their first public (?) comments were about graphics and sound isn't exactly leading off on the right foot for those unhappy with the previous game. It's not about making a game comparable to iRacing, NR2003, or any NASCAR games that are placed on a pedestal. It's about making a fun / playable game that won't sink within a pretty competitive game genre.

dalejr88rox and Rika Shinozaki like this.
  16. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Got any more info? Or is it just that they conduct surveys and the members are asking for it.

17. RacerXero84

It's been in random surveys given to some of the members. It's a 50/50 split based on what I've heard around the net about people wanting it versus people that think it would be a waste of time. Personally, I think it would be a good marketable item to boost revenue, get more members, fill a void in the community, etc., depending on how they implement it should they ever do it. Wouldn't be hard; all they need is AI and/or do a Forza Drivatar kind of thing. Highly doubt it would be mod-able, but lets face it, it would likely destroy any game for NASCAR released in the last 6 years.

18. watsonz

watsonz Member

Blurry ass picture, but here is an early shot of the split-screen mode:
    DAJenxwVYAEfNyx.jpg

Don't know how reliable this source is, but it sure is interesting. Charlotte is perhaps getting green walls in the future? https://twitter.com/ParkerLedger1/status/865232275117670400

EDIT: Walls will be green according to Ed Martin.

Last edited: May 18, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  19. kylerowdybusch

kylerowdybusch Member

If love to see them do what EA did with Nascar 09 where we can customize our own cars and load them into the game.

Mystical likes this.
  20. Rika Shinozaki

Rika Shinozaki Well-Known Member

i kinda don't know how i feel about the walls being green, i wish they were white again at charlotte

21. Matthew124

Kyle Busch and Martin Truex Jr. are the two that'll race for the cover in Segment 2 of tomorrow's All Star Race.