1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

it's money.... IMO he's performed better in the Xfinity car in his few starts than he has in trucks... This opens the door for Christian Eckes into the KBM 18 as I feel he's the only Toyota factory driver who's ready. Performed well in ARCA and his few truck starts in 2018/19; question is will Gilliland return to KBM or go to daddy?

2. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Oh I totally agree he has amazing potential. My concern is if he gets rushed into big competition before he is actually ready. That kind of thing happens a lot unfortunately. Sometimes drivers can handle that amount of pressure right away, some can't.

3. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

4. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

My guess is he will spend at least 3 years in Xfinity so plenty of time to season and he does have some pretty good resources to lean on (hint hint his dad). So I don't think the pressure will get to him he seems very calm and cool. Just look at the situation with Paul Menard at Loudon. I feel he handled that very well. He will be fine just have to see where the talent level lands.

Also, I think there is almost more pressure in one off races to show well to get a ride. Once you get the ride I think the pressure comes down a little bit.

5. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

I think that he will be fine to be honest. Although his Truck results haven't been AMAZING, he has still been decently solid... Not to mention that in his XFINITY Series races this season, he has been really solid.

6. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

I thought Burton would get the seat by default as he's the most qualified driver in the Toyota pipeline at the moment. He'll have plenty of time to hone his skills in Xfinity as Gibbs' Cup situation is pretty much settled for multiple seasons.

Tetronix likes this.
  7. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

True, assuming he doesn't get stolen by another team in the meantime...

8. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

9. Keselowski2Wallace

I'm still thinking its going to be a Hailie Deegan/Greg Biffle/Kyle Busch #51 next season, with Eckes in the #18, and this will be left field.....but Daniel Hemric in the #4.

10. thedude1987

I see Hemric going down to the Xfinity Series MAYBE with RCR in the 2 or FT with JRM. I think TRD would be smart to leave Hailie in the ARCA/K&N Car for another year because she has no experience on 1.5 mile tracks and still relatively green on asphalt. I could see Kyle putting Greg in the 4 truck if Todd goes to DGR

11. db512

I have a hard time believing Hemric would stay with RCR in Xfinity because I am sure that was an option and he passed on it. JRM is full as far as I know so unless he has a big time sponsor he won't go there. My guess is Hemric in the #38, its pretty much the only ride left in Cup. If he goes Xfinity I'm not sure there is a decent ride for him there so if he takes lower end equipment might as well stay in Cup.

I think Kyle Busch will be done with Gilliland after this year and will clean house. Christian Eckes is in line for the top seat there. But that still leaves one seat at KBM which I am sure won't be filled by Biffle. He may run more races in the #51 but not full-time. Also Deegan said herself on The Dale Jr. Download she wasn't moving up anytime soon. She may run a couple ARCA races but will focus mainly on K&N again.

12. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Shockey Rai and starscream24 like this.
  13. Keselowski2Wallace

Biffle said he doesnt want a full season though... so the PT with Hailie at the smaller tracks, and Kyle at the bigger tracks would work perfectly.

14. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

15. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

So Richard Petty himself is the latest to say that the Cup Camero is getting a new nose.

16. db512

Not a shocker there. I think they have known for a while now it needed to change.

17. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

‪Matt Tifft to sit out remainder of season: John Hunter Nemechek to drive the #36‬

I said in the chat a few days ago that i wouldn’t be surprised if Tifft was out for the rest of season. Looks like i called it.

18. thedude1987

So a new nose for a year.... probably like the xfinity style going an ss instead of zl1

19. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

This is a good opportunity for Nemechek too as GMS wont have an Xfinity car next year and he'll be out of a ride.

20. UnfixingDuke24

UnfixingDuke24 Who names their kid Jeg?

Amazing opportunity under the wrong circumstances. I'm glad he gets to do this but I hate it for Tifft

Shockey Rai likes this.