- Reaction score
This story came out of left field with no corroboration...zero...that's how you ruin you're credibility
A LOT of international venues are being cancelled, even ones that are not being impacted by the the spread of Corona Virus. This seems like a better solution that adding to the panic.With #COVID19 concerns in mind, @amsupdates is still going on with prep as planned. With one more addition.
They're adding more hand washing and sanitizing stations for race week.
NASCAR announces at-track changes due to coronavirusA LOT of international venues are being cancelled, even ones that are not being impacted by the the spread of Corona Virus. This seems like a better solution that adding to the panic.
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops nationally and across local markets where we race, NASCAR remains in daily consultation with public health officials and other prominent sports and entertainment properties. In addition, we have added an infectious disease specialist to our consulting physician group to provide technical assistance and to inform policy. In following with these discussions and guidance from this counsel, NASCAR is implementing several adjustments to race event operations effective this weekend at Atlanta and remaining in effect indefinitely.
- Driver Crew Chief meeting. This meeting will be held in open air locations across all series and attendance will be restricted to drivers, crew chiefs, team owners and select officials and dignitaries.
Additional measures being implemented include:
- Driver at track media availabilities. The informal rotations for all three series will be changed to press conferences on the riser in the media center. Full field driver availabilities during qualifying, infield care center driver availability and post-race bullpen will remain in effect, but with a 6-foot buffer in place. The weekend media availability schedule is attached.
- Track Services meeting. This meeting will be held in open air locations across all series.
- Team haulers. NASCAR recommends that access to team haulers be restricted to necessary personnel at team’s discretion.
- Driver appearances. Should be structured to ensure that drivers are visible to fans in an open-air setting, such as Q&A sessions.
- Driver autographs. Drivers should pre-sign items whenever possible, carry their own Sharpie and hero cards should be the primary form for all autographs.
- Pre-race and post-race activities (driver introductions, grid & victory lane). We will provide a 6-foot buffer around the grid and driver introduction stage.
- Advance in-market driver appearances. All advance appearances will be replaced with remote media activities and/or rescheduled for a later date in coordination with racetracks.
The health, safety and well-being of our industry, employees, media, fans and everyone associated with our events remains our top priority. We will remain diligent as we actively monitor this situation with medical experts and health officials. We will keep everyone informed as to any additional prospective operational or scheduling changes.
- At track evaluation process. All individuals coming to the infield care center demonstrating symptoms potentially consistent with coronavirus will be appropriately handled by medical professionals. All facilities have been provided a standard operating process following CDC guidelines.
— NASCAR —