1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. tmatt65

tmatt65 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, with the rate things are going, NASCAR's best bet for a schedule moving forward would be something like this:

Move Atlanta and Homestead to the 2 scheduled off weeks in July/August.
    Bristol becomes a double-header weekend (2 300 lap races?) on their race weekend in September, round of 16 in playoffs extended to 4 races.
    Texas becomes a double-header weekend (2 200 lap races?) on their race weekend in October, round of 8 in playoffs extended to 4 races.

And then tell the teams we'll see them in Richmond after the Easter break.

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Not entirely sure that this was 100% NASCAR's decision.... a lot of state and local governments are banning large gatherings... and granted there would have been no fans, the officials, drivers, crew, media, etc etc, would have still resulted in a fairly high number.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.
  3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Unexpected Nascar off-season is back. I look forward to 2020 speedweeks round 2.

4. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Everything holding my sanity together is now gone.

5. sweetracerdude

sweetracerdude King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

i believe it stems from the fact Trump is reportidly announcing a National Emergency this afternoon

6. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

That'll just make it easier for the government to pump in more funding

7. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

I can tell you they are already pumping a ton of funding into this. Not just for emergency services and hospitals but for cities and counties to keep basic services going, and for states to have more money for unemployment for people who have mandatory time off, and for small business who can't keep their doors open because everyone is either not using their services or because they don't have enough employees to work.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  8. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

9. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

With the CDC strongly suggesting that we limit gatherings to 50 people or less for the next 8 weeks.... expect NASCAR to suspend operations for that time.

That being said, it's very possible that Moffitt might be able to recover and not miss a single race.... and that seems wildly strange to me.

10. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

NASCAR should just cancel all races until June and test this out to see how a shorter schedule, where they’re only visiting most tracks once, would be received in the industry and among the fan base.

11. CCM284

CCM284 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  12. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Fuck the Virus! Lol.

13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I've been watching Nascar as soon as I was born pretty much and became self aware of what racing and Nascar was about in the early 1990's just before Jeff Gordon came into the scene. Other than the random year of 99' I decided to watch no Nascar (coincidentally the year Jeff Gordon had one of his worst seasons in his early career lol) I've never missed a race or season. It still feels weird for me to see no racing this time of the year for this many weeks. New Hampshire during 9/11 being moved was weird enough but for a whole 8 weeks now is unreal.

Its all going to be ok, its just racing, but going back to that normal feeling would be nice no doubt.

Skyline and mtblillie like this.
  14. Sebastian Ruiz

Sebastian Ruiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

CCM284 likes this.
  15. aRKey Designs

aRKey Designs Well-Known Member

like I said yesterday in facebook. There is one cup driver who may like all this shit! Ryan Newman!

16. Ajwehr

Ajwehr Well-Known Member

And truck series driver, Brett Moffitt

starscream24 and Elio Lugaru like this.
  17. Sebastian Ruiz

Sebastian Ruiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

[​IMG]
    NEWS: NASCAR and iRacing are doing a pro invitational exhibition series with Cup, XFINITY, Truck, ARCA drivers, and others. The first race will be this Sunday, 1:30PM ET, at the virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway. Drivers include Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Christopher Bell.
    ---
    “Until we have cars back on track, the entire NASCAR community has aligned to provide our passionate fans with a unique, fun and competitive experience on race day,” said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. “Our long-time partners at iRacing offer an incredible product and we are excited to see how many of our best drivers will stack up in the virtual domain of competitive racing.”

18. CCM284

CCM284 Well-Known Member

joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.
  19. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

That would be so cool. I am hoping they would do this. Not as exciting as the real thing, but it is definitely better than nothing

20. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

I must be in the minority. I tried watching an iRacing event the other night. It's so freaking boring watching computers race each other.

theusar and mtblillie like this.