10 - Dynagro Seed Camaro - TAL2 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

tmatt65

SRD Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, with the rate things are going, NASCAR's best bet for a schedule moving forward would be something like this:

Move Atlanta and Homestead to the 2 scheduled off weeks in July/August.
Bristol becomes a double-header weekend (2 300 lap races?) on their race weekend in September, round of 16 in playoffs extended to 4 races.
Texas becomes a double-header weekend (2 200 lap races?) on their race weekend in October, round of 8 in playoffs extended to 4 races.

And then tell the teams we'll see them in Richmond after the Easter break.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure that this was 100% NASCAR's decision.... a lot of state and local governments are banning large gatherings... and granted there would have been no fans, the officials, drivers, crew, media, etc etc, would have still resulted in a fairly high number.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure that this was 100% NASCAR's decision.... a lot of state and local governments are banning large gatherings... and granted there would have been no fans, the officials, drivers, crew, media, etc etc, would have still resulted in a fairly high number.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
i believe it stems from the fact Trump is reportidly announcing a National Emergency this afternoon

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
That'll just make it easier for the government to pump in more funding
I can tell you they are already pumping a ton of funding into this. Not just for emergency services and hospitals but for cities and counties to keep basic services going, and for states to have more money for unemployment for people who have mandatory time off, and for small business who can't keep their doors open because everyone is either not using their services or because they don't have enough employees to work.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
With the CDC strongly suggesting that we limit gatherings to 50 people or less for the next 8 weeks.... expect NASCAR to suspend operations for that time.

That being said, it's very possible that Moffitt might be able to recover and not miss a single race.... and that seems wildly strange to me.

oddball

SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR should just cancel all races until June and test this out to see how a shorter schedule, where they’re only visiting most tracks once, would be received in the industry and among the fan base.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
I've been watching Nascar as soon as I was born pretty much and became self aware of what racing and Nascar was about in the early 1990's just before Jeff Gordon came into the scene. Other than the random year of 99' I decided to watch no Nascar (coincidentally the year Jeff Gordon had one of his worst seasons in his early career lol) I've never missed a race or season. It still feels weird for me to see no racing this time of the year for this many weeks. New Hampshire during 9/11 being moved was weird enough but for a whole 8 weeks now is unreal.

Its all going to be ok, its just racing, but going back to that normal feeling would be nice no doubt.

aRKey Designs

SRD Member
Reaction score
like I said yesterday in facebook. There is one cup driver who may like all this shit! Ryan Newman!

Sebastian Ruiz

6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner
SRD Member
Reaction score

NEWS: NASCAR and iRacing are doing a pro invitational exhibition series with Cup, XFINITY, Truck, ARCA drivers, and others. The first race will be this Sunday, 1:30PM ET, at the virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway. Drivers include Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Larson, and Christopher Bell.
---
“Until we have cars back on track, the entire NASCAR community has aligned to provide our passionate fans with a unique, fun and competitive experience on race day,” said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. “Our long-time partners at iRacing offer an incredible product and we are excited to see how many of our best drivers will stack up in the virtual domain of competitive racing.”

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
That would be so cool. I am hoping they would do this. Not as exciting as the real thing, but it is definitely better than nothing