5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Martinsville from Charlotte is only a 2 hr drive.
Richmond from Charlotte is only a 4 hr drive.
Kentucky from Charlotte is a 7 1/2 hour drive.
Miami from Charlotte is a 10 hour drive.

Me, i would switch Charlotte with Miami or Kentucky, or even Bristol for a wednesday night race.
So travel time is nice, but that isn't the only problem with having mid week races. Teams will have half the time to prepare a car than usual. Granted, a lot of that time is spent on the road, and they obviously picked some of the closest places to Charlotte, but it is still a crunch. And not every team is in the Charlotte area (at least, not every team used to be, they may be now I'm not sure).

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Probably needed to be delayed anyhow, it should be absolutely what they're looking for by the time its 40 of them on track together

Sebastian Ruiz

6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner
SRD Member
Reaction score
Per Adam Stern:
“NASCAR has drawn up at least four potential schedules to get the sport re-started:
1) Eight-week delay (start at Martinsville).
2) 10-week (start at Coke 600, as The Athletic first reported).
3) 12-week (unclear but could be Texas).
4) 15-week (Schedule may go into December).”
What do you think would be the best option with the current circumstances?
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1247573880958582785

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Per Adam Stern:
“NASCAR has drawn up at least four potential schedules to get the sport re-started:
Texas in June with Indycar... oh hell yes!!!

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Per Adam Stern:
has to be a 10 week as Virginia has a ban until June..... If they did a 15 week, teams would have absolutely NO off season to prepare cars for 2021. The schedule that was posted a week or so ago was crowded yes but I think it works best. At this point, they need to consider doing it without fans...

JMurrayMO81

SRD Member
Reaction score
has to be a 10 week as Virginia has a ban until June..... If they did a 15 week, teams would have absolutely NO off season to prepare cars for 2021. The schedule that was posted a week or so ago was crowded yes but I think it works best. At this point, they need to consider doing it without fans...
As much as I'd like to see them do the full remaining schedule, maybe it would be better to cut out some races for 2020. We can't have the season going past November for the reasons you said.

Only way I can maybe see it work well is if they took the races that have two dates that had a race postponed and hold doubleheader weekends. Like Bristol is one, when they're supposed to go to Bristol again later this year hold the original scheduled events on normal days but say put the postponed race on the Wednesday or Thursday before or the Monday and Tuesday after.

sweetracerdude

SRD Member
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see them do the full remaining schedule, maybe it would be better to cut out some races for 2020. We can't have the season going past November for the reasons you said.

Only way I can maybe see it work well is if they took the races that have two dates that had a race postponed and hold doubleheader weekends. Like Bristol is one, when they're supposed to go to Bristol again later this year hold the original scheduled events on normal days but say put the postponed race on the Wednesday or Thursday before or the Monday and Tuesday after.
problem is... teams or NASCAR cannot afford cutting races.. it'll cost them millions of dollars in TV contracts and sponsorship money which could make small teams fold

sweetracerdude

SRD Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the smaller teams will have to shut down due to this.
i feel like someone like Ware, GoFAS, or Carl Long will feel this worse on the cup side... Johnny Davis, Carl Long (again), Harmon, Martins, etc might feel it in the Xfinity side... and any team NOT GMS, KBM, or Thorsport will feel it in Trucks

aRKey Designs

SRD Member
Reaction score
i feel like someone like Ware, GoFAS, or Carl Long will feel this worse on the cup side... Johnny Davis, Carl Long (again), Harmon, Martins, etc might feel it in the Xfinity side... and any team NOT GMS, KBM, or Thorsport will feel it in Trucks
I heard that Ware is one of the healthiest organisations in cup, that's why they could entry with 4 cars and still driving in the back.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Christ, Larson, you idiot. We've been fighting for years to get away from a lot of the stereotypes associated with NASCAR and it's fans, and you just set us back quite a few years.