0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Sunday, May 17 | Darlington 400 on Sunday, Xfinity on Saturday, Trucks hopefully on Friday. <-my wish
Wednesday, May 20 | Darlington 310
Sunday, May 24 | Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte on Sunday, Xfinity on Saturday, Trucks on Friday.
Wednesday, May 27 | Charlotte 310
Sunday, May 31 | Martinsville on Sunday, Xfinity on Saturday.
Wednesday, June 3 | Bristol
Sunday, June 7 | Atlanta on Sunday, Xfinity on Saturday, Trucks on Friday.
Sunday, June 14 | Miami on Sunday, Xfinity on Saturday, Trucks on Friday.

tentative schedule
Common sense would help NASCAR.....

Sebastian Ruiz

6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner
SRD Member
Reaction score
When will XFINITY and Truck seasons resume?
Indications are that the NASCAR Cup schedule will resume as early at Sunday, May 17 at Darlington Raceway. What about the lower series? Frontstretch’s Dustin Albino looked into it:

Sources have told Frontstretch it could potentially be anywhere from two to four weeks following the May 17 start date that other divisions, like Xfinity, would return to the racetrack. The plan is still to get all 33 races in, though the dates are still fluid.

There is a scheduled meeting with select Xfinity team owners in the coming days to lay out a potential resumption of the season. NASCAR is expected to survey owners to see if multiple races on the same weekend, in different states, would be feasible to accomplish.

The sport’s Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series also remains in limbo. But there’s less urgency in getting it back up and running with only 21 events remaining on their schedule.

Frontstretch

Ajwehr

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Event procedures will be significantly modified in accordance with CDC, OSHA and state and local government recommendations — including hosting one-day shows at the above tracks, which are all within driving distance of North Carolina race shops to minimize travel and time spent in a community.

There will be no practice sessions for any event, and qualifying will only be held for the Coca-Cola 600.

Other adjustments include mandating the use of protective equipment, health screenings for all individuals before entering the facility and maintaining social distancing protocols throughout the event.

Of note, the May 17 race — and then the May 20 Cup Series race at Darlington — will not replace the scheduled Southern 500 on Labor Day Weekend, the opener of the NASCAR Playoffs. NASCAR intends to keep its 10-race postseason format and tracks involved unchanged, but the situation remains fluid.

No dates beyond May 27 have been announced, but NASCAR officials have said on multiple occasions that the sanctioning body intends to run a full 36-race NASCAR Cup Series slate in 2020.

Additional schedule updates specific to tracks that have had races postponed, and are not part of this new May schedule, will be revealed at a later date.

nascarfan9

Vito Crowleone
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are they just planning ahead to make sure they get 36 races in just in case they can't get to every track?
Yes, that is exactly why. They already know what those races are, and will publicly release them at a later date (probably closer to the May 17 return) because they are working with tracks that have already sold sponsorships. With them intending to keep the Playoff schedule intact, as is, that would imply we could see as many as three Darlington races, two at Charlotte, plus the Roval later in the year.

Sebastian Ruiz

SRD Member
Reaction score
By the way, The Southern 500 will remain on Labor Day as the playoff opener
https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1255938855137685514?s=21
.@NASCAR still wants to keep its playoff schedule unchanged, so the Southern 500 will remain intact on Labor Day weekend, barring something unforeseen.

- It's not yet clear who is losing races, but NASCAR logic would suggest that it will be a legacy ISC track.

db512

2011 SRD Cup Series Champion
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly why. They already know what those races are, and will publicly release them at a later date (probably closer to the May 17 return) because they are working with tracks that have already sold sponsorships. With them intending to keep the Playoff schedule intact, as is, that would imply we could see as many as three Darlington races, two at Charlotte, plus the Roval later in the year.
I thought about it a little more. It works out that the one Charlotte race could be replacing Sonoma as they are both SMI owned. Then there is Kansas that was coming up at the end of May but I think the travel will be too much right now and they would still hopefully have their playoff race. So the two Darlington races may be replacing Kansas and either one of the following three races Dega, Chicago, or Watkins Glen. Dega may still be rescheduled with butits relative proximity of the teams in the Charlotte area but given the location of the other two either one could lose their date. And obviously all of these tracks are ISC owned.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
A part of me wants to be happy that NASCAR is returning, but it looks like an objectively bad choice.

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bob hinted that 3 tracks will lose dates, Michigan 1, Dover 1, and possibly Sonoma. I hope not Sonoma, and just take away Kansas 1 on May 30th

Sebastian Ruiz

SRD Member
Reaction score
2021 Cup schedule now expected “around July”
https://www.jayski.com/2020/05/05/2021-cup-schedule-now-expected-around-july/
The COVID-19 pandemic has put on hold on another much-anticipated NASCAR project – the announcement of its 2021 Cup Series schedule.

The schedule, which is expected to feature significant changes both the types of races on the Cup schedule and the tracks on which they will take place, was originally scheduled to be released in April.

Two sources with knowledge of NASCAR’s work on the 2021 schedule told Motorsport.com the 2021 schedule isn’t likely to be publicly announced until "around July."

See more at Motorsport.

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
Chicagoland, Sonoma & Richmond (Spring Race) lose their dates for the extra races at Darlington & Charlotte.

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well this sucks. Although I do understand the reason why but....

Chicagoland is one of those tracks that I could take or leave.
Richmond, I enjoy the races there so I hate to see them lose a race date.
Sonoma, call me crazy on this one since I know a lot of people don't really like the road courses. I really enjoy the road course racing. Since we (kind of) get 3 a year it still sucks to see one of them get taken away. Especially when I think this is the best road course we have on the circuit.

Sebastian Ruiz

SRD Member
Reaction score
Tommy Baldwin Racing to compete at Darlington with Josh Bilicki
Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) will make its return to the NASCAR Cup Series starting at Darlington Raceway, this Sunday. Baldwin will field the No. 7 Chevrolet, for the first race back, after a two month break in the 2020 NASCAR season.

"I am excited to be returning to the NASCAR Cup Series," commented Tommy Baldwin. "I have been in this sport for a long time, and I believe now is the best time to get back to the track."

Piloting the No. 7 TBR Chevrolet is NASCAR young gun driver, Josh Bilicki. Gravely Mowers, a high-performance commercial lawn mower company, will act as the primary sponsor on the No. 7 Camaro. CNC Swiss Machining, an Addison, Illinois based company, has also joined as an associate partner.

"I am very excited to be piloting the No.7 Gravely/CNC Swiss Machining Camaro for Tommy Baldwin Racing," said Josh Bilicki. "Darlington is one of my favorite tracks, and I can’t wait to get back on track, after a long two month break."

Darlington Raceway will air live on FOX on Sunday May 17th at 3:30pm. For more information on Tommy Baldwin Racing, visit www.tommybaldwinracing.com. For interest in sponsorship opportunities, email TB@TommyBaldwinRacing.com.

— Tommy Baldwin Racing —