Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Next portion of NASCAR schedule leaked!
The truck series is getting screwed out the ass... Pocono is the only one listed per the athletic, which is jeff gluck. Texas, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan all should have truck dates. Iowa Trucks should be given to New Hampshire or INDY.

db512

2011 SRD Cup Series Champion
SRD Member
Reaction score
The truck series is getting screwed out the ass... Pocono is the only one listed per the athletic, which is jeff gluck. Texas, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan all should have truck dates. Iowa Trucks should be given to New Hampshire or INDY.
Just give it until Nascar makes the announcement themselves first. If you notice the only Truck and Xfinity races listed are the Pocono and Indianapolis weekends. Pocono basically just announced their weekend themselves and the Indy RC race was already pretty much confirmed back in March. So before we all over react lets give Nascar a chance to actually announce the schedule first.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's 1.33 miles.... low HP, skyscraper spoiler incoming. Love for NASCAR to prove me wrong, but with their decision making history, I'm not optimistic.

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well if any of you know me, you know I am NOT happy about this. I don't mind NASCAR going to Nashville but not at the expense of one of Dover's race weekends. I love Dover and have been going every year to both races since 1992. Now if the other rumor that I have now seen floating around becomes true then I will be really pissed off. The rumor is they are using this race just to drum up more interest in the Nashville Fairgrounds track. Which as we all know is now owned by SMI and not Dover. So that leaves the possiblity that this might only turn into a one year/one race deal for the superspeedway. Then if they move to the Fairgrounds, then Dover basically just lost a race for nothing.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well if any of you know me, you know I am NOT happy about this. I don't mind NASCAR going to Nashville but not at the expense of one of Dover's race weekends. I love Dover and have been going every year to both races since 1992. Now if the other rumor that I have now seen floating around becomes true then I will be really pissed off. The rumor is they are using this race just to drum up more interest in the Nashville Fairgrounds track. Which as we all know is now owned by SMI and not Dover. So that leaves the possiblity that this might only turn into a one year/one race deal for the superspeedway. Then if they move to the Fairgrounds, then Dover basically just lost a race for nothing.
It's a 4 year deal..... per Bob Pockrass.

nascarfan9

Category 5 Punicane.
SRD Member
Reaction score
The four years potentially gives SMI time to get Fairgrounds sorted out, approved, improvements made, etc. Meanwhile, if the races at the superspeedway show enough support, SMI realizes "hey this will work, and continues putting money into getting fairgrounds on the schedule. Then, at the end of the four years, if all goes well, DMG can either move this date back to Dover (or hey, maybe Gateway instead!), while SMI takes a date from one of their tracks and moves it to the fairgrounds.