5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
Welp, It was bound to happen to a driver sooner or later.

Hope Jimmie & his wife have a speedy recovery from COVID-19

Andy22

Still waiting for JJ to win
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man this really sucks. It also snaps his 663 consecutive start streak. I hope he and his wife make speedy recoveries and we are able to see him back soon

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
Damn, Jimmie has had literally zero luck on the track since the return from the break. And now this... Hopefully he and his wife get better quickly.

Also, for anyone wondering, the reinstatement protocol for someone with COVID is they have to be symptom free, have two negative tests within 24 hours and be cleared by their doctor in order to return.

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
with Indy car, and the Road Course at Indy.. I would not be opposed to NASCAR and Penske doing this for 2021

April
Saturday
Xfinity Road Course

Sunday
Indy Car Road Course
Cup Road Course

May
Friday
Trucks at IRP @ night

Saturday
Xfinity at IRP @ night
Cup - Brickyard 400

Sunday
Indycar - Indy 500

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
With Indy losing some of it's magic... not sure 2 races would get the crowds.

Swapping the oval & rc back & forth each/other year might be a better option?

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to Indy just going away.
With Indy losing some of it's magic... not sure 2 races would get the crowds.

Swapping the oval & rc back & forth each/other year might be a better option?
Is it the younger generation that don't appreciate Indy? Or is it it everyone?

I still look at Indy as hallowed ground. And any race on it is something to cherish (not the road course either) . I don't care what the lack of side by side racing there is. That's not what racing at Indy is all about. It's about beating the track. And doing that requires setting up a car to do it. It's the appreciation of the race team and their ability to make a race car that can get around the track the fastest that interests me, and I would presume other race fans. I know that simplifies it, but anyone who raced at Indy can tell you it's a special place to race.

I mean, I can still remember the rumors that NASCAR might be racing there. And when that became a reality, man, that was awesome. A lot of race fans thought it was blasphemy that a stock car was racing at Indy. That's how sacred some fans feel Indy is to them.

Is that just lost on the newer fans? Kinda worries me. I'd hate to see NASCAR drop Indy from the schedule. Or make Cup use the road course instead.

Brandon Miller

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely not the younger crowd. I get the hoopla for Indy, but that's from it's open wheel history. I've never cared for any of the races at Indy. The open wheel folks didn't want Nascar there to begin with. You could replace Indy with a good short track and I'd bemuch happier.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want Cup to drop Indy for that same reason. It's hallowed grounds that belongs on the schedule. I DO, however, want Xfinity to go back to IRP, even after Saturday's awesome race. That track produces nothing but excitement.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
I do like Indy.

When F1 went there I felt it completed racing. Indycar/Nascar/F1 all at the Brickyard.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
The problem with Indy is that the packages in the last decade have been trash and it leads to very few races being competitive. The allure of Indy is the high speeds, drafting and chasing down the car in front. You cant get that with the high downforce package and its pretty much made it a snoozefest. Now, the Xfinity series on the road course was way more fun to watch, but I wouldn't want to see the Cup on the oval race go away.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I would much rather see a cookie cutter go away than indy. And if the issue is the aero package and not the track, why is everyone for cutting the track and not the package? Indy is unique, and that is something that NASCAR has gone away from, unique tracks. I am all for cutting some of the 8 races a year that don't have any side by side action and are all about strategy at the same damn style of track every time. I am not about cutting one of the few unique tracks on the schedule because the racing is literally the same as the cookie cutters.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
I would much rather see a cookie cutter go away than indy. And if the issue is the aero package and not the track, why is everyone for cutting the track and not the package? Indy is unique, and that is something that NASCAR has gone away from, unique tracks. I am all for cutting some of the 8 races a year that don't have any side by side action and are all about strategy at the same damn style of track every time. I am not about cutting one of the few unique tracks on the schedule because the racing is literally the same as the cookie cutters.
I don't think most of the casual fans can differentiate the track vs. the package. The sanctioning body controls the message and the people who could clarify the problems clearly are not allowed to speak out. 2017 had the small blade package and higher horsepower and the races seemed to be much better...granted one team still dominated.