5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem that no one seems to be talking about, is the Toyota problem. They find these drivers and develop them and then there's no place for them to go because Toyota only produces a certain amount of engines. I'm baffled at how Toyota can not see the problem. It's not just this year, this has been an issue for a few years now. I think since MWR shut down, Toyota closed ranks and is only primarily a Joe Gibbs engine supplier, which means there aren't many Toyota options for these up and coming drivers to go to. There are no tiers as there is in Ford and Chevy. The Toyota model is broken.
It's funny, but I thought of that the other day, how MWR was another big Toyota team until the very end. Sadly a bit of wine stopped me from saying it:p. But you are right. When Toyota started, you had MWR, Bill Davis Racing, and Red Bull, followed next year by Gibbs. Now they only back Gibbs after this year. But they can't complain when the last couple of seasons Gibbs and Toyota have racked up almost half the season in wins, so maybe there is something to that. I agree though, and I just saw something where Bob Pockrass said as well, that their lack of other teams is leaving their prospects without anywhere to go. I actually almost wonder if Hailie Deegan saw this as well, hence the switch to Ford.

Also, has anyone noticed that Truex has been on major teams that end up shutting down after being there for a while?

Last edited:

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
The good news for Bell is no one is really pushing the envelope on the lower levels so he will be given plenty of time to grow in the 20.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
New rumor floating around that RPM and JGR are going to form a technical alliance. If true, rip RPM in 1 to 2 years.
That's what I was hoping for when Bubba said something big was in the works. I'd love to see Bubba in a Gibbs related Toyota again

nascarfan9

Vito Crowleone
SRD Member
Reaction score
He didn't do anything in a JGR Toyota the first time he was there.
Uh... in the whole six races he got to run in 2012 and 2014, he finished in the top-10 in four of those, Top 12 in 5, and only one finish was sub 30th - a 31st at 2014 Talladega after getting caught in someone else's wreck. He started in the top 10 in all but one race, his 2012 Richmond start where he rolled off 20th. I'd say that's pretty impressive given the lack of seat time...

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh that sucks. Hope he'll be back next week. Kaz's time to shine though.

As for the recent Bubba/#43 sponsors that is awesome. Those wild rumors though. A second team with Brandon Jones? Denny and Michael Jordon taking part ownership? Yeah I don't know about that.

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh that sucks. Hope he'll be back next week. Kaz's time to shine though.

As for the recent Bubba/#43 sponsors that is awesome. Those wild rumors though. A second team with Brandon Jones? Denny and Michael Jordon taking part ownership? Yeah I don't know about that.
That be sick, But in reality, Bubba would have possibly 40% ownership of RPM, Denny brings in MJ to RPM and we get this classic.
#43 Bubba Wallace
#44 Brandon Jones
At Petty-Bubba-Jordan Motorsport or "PB&J Motorsports" <-:oops: