93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Right... the guy that has made zero effort to actually request reinstatement after meeting NASCAR's requirements to do so, and the guy who, more importantly, had his relationship with a specific manufacturer that's key to this wild theory, indefinitely terminated, is going to drive the 48. I really, really doubt Hendrick is going to run the 48 without support from Chevrolet. I also really, really, doubt that Ally is just going to allow him to drive the car too, seeing as they will have a large influence on the choice. Additionally, it's not like Larson's got a ton of sponsor backing these days that would fully replace Ally, if needed in the event that they go elsewhere as a result. Also, Larson seems to be enjoying his dirt racing, so much so that he hasn't requested reinstatement, and honestly, I doubt he'll want to drive for an owner who will limit the frequency of his participation in that discipline as what happened with Kahne. Why go back, when he's having more fun on dirt, and actually winning, a lot.

Frankly, all things considered, I think there's a better chance of me having ocean-front property for sale in Kansas, than Larson going to the 48 or Hendrick proper in any capacity...
Jesus, who pissed in your cornflakes?

I'm pretty sure he was joking
No, I'm not.

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
That looks very inspect element'd. Could end up being true but I doubt it.

EDIT: And now looking at Lionel Racing's site, the Larson page currently has 33 products which is the same in that picture so yeah it's not real.
I just noticed that the font was different than what Lionel Racing normally uses. Definitely fooled by the image. And for the Denny Hamlin-Michael Jordan-Bubba Wallace deal, its great that a mainstream celebrity like Jordan is getting involved in NASCAR. Hopefully that'll bring more attention to the sport.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Only logical place for Larson to land now is the 48.... just gotta wait for an article that is released within the last 24 hours to make sure it passes high-level scrutiny /s :p

Not entirely sure I like NASCAR tossing the Earnhardt Rule out, and, public opinion-wise, I don't think it's going to do Bubba any favors winning over people; it's a bad look.

But hey, new team (or new JGR satellite at least, one that probably won't get canned either lol). Should be interesting.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
one that probably won't get canned either lol
No way on this God's green earth Gibb's is telling MJ he's canned,lol.

I'm pumped to see MJ in the sport. He's my favorite player of all time growing up and still to this day is. He's got some DEEP pockets. I have no doubt he'll figure out a way to make this work. I'm not thrilled with the driver choice, but maybe Bubba will prove me wrong and start running up front and knocking down top 10's on a regular basis.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure I like NASCAR tossing the Earnhardt Rule out, and, public opinion-wise, I don't think it's going to do Bubba any favors winning over people; it's a bad look.
That rule doesn't apply here. Michael Jordan is the majority owner of the team, with Hamlin being a partner in the team. Also, there's no rule that states that being a partner in a team forces you to drive for said team. The rules prevent Dale Jr. from bringing JR Motorsports to Cup because Rick Hendrick has an ownership stake in the team. As far as we know, this is most likely a Gibbs-affiliated team without any ownership stakes from Joe Gibbs or any other Cup owner.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Given the fact that this will be a Hamlin/MJ owned team with an already obvious tie to Gibbs, I doubt this ends up with the same fate as LeVine and Furniture Row. The results that Bubba and the team achieve are yet to be determined, obviously, but this has to be a big win for NASCAR, as a whole. Though, even more pressure on Bubba to perform now with this.

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
Great movie! lol
I can't remember how I came up with this, but I figured WTF someone probably needs a good laugh today. And yes, It will always be a timeless classic that is very much still watchable today! No lie but we've made it a New Year's Eve tradition in my family to watch it before the ball drops.

And who hasn't used the "I'm surrounded by assholes" quote more than one!

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Given the fact that this will be a Hamlin/MJ owned team with an already obvious tie to Gibbs, I doubt this ends up with the same fate as LeVine and Furniture Row. The results that Bubba and the team achieve are yet to be determined, obviously, but this has to be a big win for NASCAR, as a whole. Though, even more pressure on Bubba to perform now with this.
I mean Denny doesn't really fully own the Team, so I can see that. Nascar did say that they Dont want it being a JGR 5th car, but what is stopping Toyota getting info from JGR and then sending their guys with the Info to MJDH Racing.