5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
No idea where that rumor about FRR closing came from... but why would one of the most successful teams today (that just won the championship last year, no less) suddenly shut its doors? I definitely won't believe that until I see it.
I don't believe a lot of things people are saying lol

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup: Predictions

Kurt Busch to the #40 Monster Energy Ganassi Racing
I could see the number change happening. Ganassi does not use the #1 in IndyCar even when offered since Tony Renna died. I'm surprised he kept it in Cup for as long as he has.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
No idea where that rumor about FRR closing came from... but why would one of the most successful teams today (that just won the championship last year, no less) suddenly shut its doors? I definitely won't believe that until I see it.
I agree it's pretty far-fetched, but FRR hasn't resigned with JGR yet and they are already losing a major sponsor in 5-Hour Energy. I fully expect to see the #78 around next year, any rumors are probably just being used by the team/driver/sponsor as negotiation tactics. But it is out there.

Junebugrocks88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
While it would be shocking, it wouldn’t be unprecedented. Blue Max Racing won the title with Rusty in 89, and closed after 90 when he went to Penske.
Ultra Motorsports also closed after winning a title. Ted Musgrave won the 2005 truck title driving for Ultra and then the team shut down because their deal with Ford for 2006 fell through.

MWick4

SRD SuperTruck Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Elliott Sadler announced this morning that this will officially be his final full time year.

The 1 should be interesting to see who ends up with it, hopefully it won’t be another Michael Annett situation.

TheSpeedanator

Graphic Designer || EGI Partner
SRD Member
Reaction score
Elliott Sadler announced this morning that this will officially be his final full time year.

The 1 should be interesting to see who ends up with it, hopefully it won’t be another Michael Annett situation.
Hoping for Gragson!!! Will settle for Bayne or Justin Haley

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong
SRD Member
Reaction score
Why is it always the drivers I like? Why can’t it be Kyle Busch retiring?!

Tanner Levasseur

Banned
Reaction score
I think that Kahne leaving opens the door for Christopher Bell to step into that 95, on top of that they are switching to Toyota next year so it makes sense. I'm just sick and tired of these drivers o grew up watching leaving, I hate change guys, especially when youth takes over, do you?