1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Well I'll be damned. This is news to me (and I work in the news industry, funny enough). Never thought I would see that old Circuit City logo again after all of these years. Thanks for the info, bud.

joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.
  2. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

3. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

So, Circuit City it's back, and it's still successful as a online-only retailer than 20 years ago when it was a fisical retailer.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

It's been back for years, and I've spent a lot of money there since lol

5. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

According to Adam Stern's Twitter and Marshall Pruett, NASCAR is seriously considering using Hybrid specs/engines when the Gen-7 cars arrive in 2021 (more info below):

Based on the Mid-Ohio meeting, no changes to the DPi 2.0 formula will equal no Ford in 2022, and therefore, no interim extension program with the IMSA GTs.

On a related topic, IMSA’s owners at NASCAR are also looking heavily at going hybrid for its next set of Cup Series regulations. A recent meeting among manufacturers and team owners, I’ve heard, included serious discussions on implementing a similar spec hybrid system as early as 2021.

With its longstanding ties to NASCAR, which direction would Ford spend its money if it had to choose between Cup and IMSA to promote its range of hybridized road cars? That, too, is a no-brainer. On America’s racing radar, NASCAR, even with its declining fortunes, is the only series that makes marketing waves.

It’s also the likely cause behind Groot imploring IMSA to give Ford a bigger, more powerful, and more unique hybrid solution to pitch his bosses. Without that high-power differentiator to Cup, selling Ford on IMSA could be impossible if NASCAR and NASCAR’s sports car series end up with more or less the same token hybrid strategies. To add to the fun, IndyCar is considering some form of hybrid component when its new engine formula lands in 2021, also of the low-power variety.

Stern Tweet.jpg

SOURCES
    https://www.jayski.com/2019/05/28/nascar-considering-hybrid-engines/
    https://racer.com/2019/05/28/pruett-fords-gt-decision-a-harsh-reality-check/
    https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1133511586742771712
    https://old.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comments/bu5xs8/according_to_indycar_and_sports_car_reporter/

joeykraus19 likes this.
  6. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

So I found some rather interesting stuff from r/NASCAR's Discord server... There's a photo of a HRE press release that shows a #61 HRE Supra, with HRE's long-time sponsors Aisin Group shown as the sponsors of the #61 car. Interestingly, the press release is written in Japanese and had the logo of Gazoo Racing - Toyota's international manufacturer motorsport and tuning division - showcased right at the bottom...

Could it be that a HRE and Gazoo joint-effort is going to appear this season in Xfinity?
    [​IMG]

joeykraus19, mtblillie and BrendonH12 like this.
  7. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

From what I can tell, they are running Daytona (which can be confirmed if you go to their Japenese website). My best guess would have Austin Hill as the driver, but since there was some resistance from Toyota on Hill being in the #16, there is a possibility it is someone else.

joeykraus19 and Reza Maulana like this.
  8. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Brett Moffit? He did win a championship in HRE equipment in Trucks and has strong ties to Toyota thanks to MWR....

joeykraus19 likes this.
  9. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

Moffitt drives Chevrolets now... I could see someone like Harrison Burton or Todd Gilliland (Toyota youth) driving it if Austin Hill isnt thrown in it.

joeykraus19 and dalejr88rox like this.
  10. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

11. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

joeykraus19 and Virox6549 like this.
  12. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

This decal will be run on all SHR cars in memory of a member of the team who passed away after a motorcycle accident.
    z.jpg

13. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

I just don't understand going with the full package at Darlington. I can't see the areo ducts really making any real difference with that place.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  14. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

and, Johnny Sauter isnt feeling the Heat from NASCAR, he will be racing this weekend in a late model.

16. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

Also. Ross Chastain’s Iowa win being disqualified still stands. Appeal failed. (Figured it would.)

joeykraus19 likes this.
  17. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

Regan Smith to drive No. 8 car for JR Motorsports at Mid-Ohio and Road America.

18. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

Myatt Snider in the #13 truck in place of Sauter this weekend.

Kinda figured it'd be Myatt since he's already running part-time for Thorsport this year.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  19. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I saw this on Facebook so that means it must be true right?

A source within the Hendrick organization has indicated that Natalie Decker could very well be in line to take over the #7 JR motorsports car next year with a cup ride lined up in 2021

I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  20. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

God, i hope not, i would very much question JR Motorsports for dumping Allgaier for Decker.

Lets hope its false.

EDIT: Mind you, I don't hate Decker, but even i can admit that she's not good.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019