5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
The podcast Door Bumper Clear says Kaulig wants Chastain full-time next season in Xfinity. That I can totally see happening.
They mentioned that after Daytona. They basically said they're waiting on sponsorship to get Ross in the 10 full time

Brandon Miller

Reaction score
Now that there are restrictions on the number of races Cup drivers can run in lower divisions, I don't really see the point in having drivers "declare points" for one series anymore. I think if somebody is running a race, they should receive points for it.
Ross Chastain is an example of why they have them "declare points." He's run 20 of 21 races in Cup, 15 of 19 races in xfinity, and 14 of 14 races in trucks. Even though he isn't obtaining Cup points, I'd still consider him a Cup driver since he has run 20 races, BUT the race number limit in lower series does not apply to him. Let's just call a spade a spade. The Cup drivers in lower series rule should have just been called the Kyle Busch rule.

4WideRacing

Reaction score
Ross Chastain is an example of why they have them "declare points." He's run 20 of 21 races in Cup, 15 of 19 races in xfinity, and 14 of 14 races in trucks. Even though he isn't obtaining Cup points, I'd still consider him a Cup driver since he has run 20 races, BUT the race number limit in lower series does not apply to him. Let's just call a spade a spade. The Cup drivers in lower series rule should have just been called the Kyle Busch rule.
As well as a Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, and Carl Edwards rule lol

MrDude68

Reaction score
Chastain is just getting started though. This is only his second full season in Cup, meaning he'll still have 3 more Cup seasons to run before he has the lower series restrictions imposed on him. Not imposing the rule on Chastain and others allows for their continued development in the lower divisions, even while gaining Cup experience. People like Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, etc are well beyond the development stage. They're full blown Cup veterans. So I still don't see a problem.

BaCruise

Reaction score
I've never liked the 'Pick-A-Series' rule. In my opinion, it should have been that a Cup driver (with 5+ years of Cup experience) couldn't race for their Cup team in a lower division. I mean, inevitably, the end result would have been JGR prepared cars racing under 'Joe Schmoe Racing,' but now we limit the number of starts for a Cup driver anyway, so I guess it wouldn't make a difference either way.

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
Reaction score
I'd believe Jefferey over Jim Utter... Utter is a prove liar.

Penske for 2020 looks to the most Financial Stable Organization in NASCAR.
Discount Tire increases to 15 races
Money Lion Investing more in Cup Sponsorship.
Shell will be still Full Time on the #22
Menards Sponsorship on the #12
Wurth, Alliance, AutoTrader, Wabash, Miller Lite, Draw Tite, Snap-on, PPG, Dex imaging, Body Armor, & AAA all with Penske.
If Penske doesn't field a 5th team by 2021, I will be shocked!

Yes I said 5th team... the #21 is a Team Penske car.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
Reaction score
I'd believe Jefferey over Jim Utter... Utter is a prove liar.

Penske for 2020 looks to the most Financial Stable Organization in NASCAR.
Discount Tire increases to 15 races
Money Lion Investing more in Cup Sponsorship.
Shell will be still Full Time on the #22
Menards Sponsorship on the #12
Wurth, Alliance, AutoTrader, Wabash, Miller Lite, Draw Tite, Snap-on, PPG, Dex imaging, Body Armor, & AAA all with Penske.
If Penske doesn't field a 5th team by 2021, I will be shocked!

Yes I said 5th team... the #21 is a Team Penske car.
Utter didn't say anything about Earnhardt, and Earnhardt didn't say anything about JGR. Last I heard, Earnhardt will not be driving for JGR this weekend.
UPDATE: Joe Gibbs Racing announced today Jack Hawksworth will make his NASCAR debut this weekend in the NASCAR Xfinity Series piloting the No. 18 iK9 Toyota Supra at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Also, calling WBR a Penske team is like calling FRR a JGR team.

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
Reaction score
Apparently Jack Hawksworth will be in the #18 Supra this week instead of Jeffery Earnhardt.

EDIT: Didn't see the spoiler tag above my post. Oops.

Last edited:

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong
Reaction score
No, I meant Furniture Row Racing.
OK, just making sure you weren't living in the past. lol

Maybe I'm the only one that felt that it was a Furniture Row championship, and not a JGR one. If so, I stand corrected.
No, I'm with you on that... But to say that JGR didn't have a big influence on said championship would be quite a stretch of the imagination.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
Reaction score
No, I'm with you on that... But to say that JGR didn't have a big influence on said championship would be quite a stretch of the imagination.
Absolutely agree there, but they are still their own team. To me with the legacy that Wood Brothers has, it is still it's own team, despite the alliance. The alliance is great and has done a ton to help with sponsorship and the teams competitiveness, but I still feel like they earn their own points, not points for Roger Penske.

ThatOneShredder

"I can shotgun a White Claw."
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one that felt that it was a Furniture Row championship, and not a JGR one.
JGR employees working on JGR cars. Barney Visser was merely a sponsor at that point.

Back on topic, I wonder if Jeffrey was possibly the reason iK9 had that weird fiasco at the beginning of July.

UnfixingDuke24

Who names their kid Jeg?
Reaction score
This whole situation is just a shame. I guess thats the last we'll see of Jeffrey for this year. Gotta believe XCI Racing is dead too.