1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

How about cutting costs to make ownership and sponsorship more attractive? ... No? Okay

Tetronix, db512, starscream24 and 2 others like this.
  2. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

That is kind of the idea of the new 2021 car to help cut owner costs with the body panels and other prefab pieces so teams don't have to build cars from scratch from the ground up.

I also agree with all the field size talk. it was pretty dramatic tv when Alonso was trying to make the 500 this year or the same with Hinchcliffe the year before. It is part of the sport of racing.

3. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

The qualifying format that they have in the Truck series right now works perfectly, more often than not, Although I do think we need to ensure that the fastest cars make the race. Tullman was literally 40 seconds off in practice at Mid-Ohio (because they had the Intermediate car). That shouldn't be aloud, even if we don't have a full field at that point

joeykraus19 likes this.
  4. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

how about a 43 Cup Field and the top 35 in points gets in the field, and past champions gets 7 provisional starting spots and Past Playoff(year prior) drivers gets 5 provisional spots.

joeykraus19 and ThatOneShredder like this.
  5. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

Also Hailie Deegan has a Announcement today.

Not sure what...but Insiders have a Picture of her and her mom next to a KBM #4 truck.

mtblillie likes this.
  6. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

joeykraus19 and Shockey Rai like this.
  7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

8. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

Per Adam Stern:
    MattDRacing is unlikely to return to LFR's No. 95 Toyota next year, per people familiar, despite pulling off several impressive finishes of late in NASCAR Cup.
    LFR95 has been seen for months as the top option for JoeGibbsRacing to slot either CBellRacing or Erik_Jones.

If this ends becoming true I'll be so fucking pissed off :mad:

9. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread

wack.png

10. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Unfortunate, considering that it does seem like Matt is hitting his stride and putting together some good runs.
    Personally, my best case scenario is he keeps it, Bell to the 20, and Jones steps back into the Xfinity series or finds another ride.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  11. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Matt's has enough success this year to make it worthwhile for him. No one will doubt he can drive after this year. If the 95 dries up, someone will pick him up. He'll land on his feet.

12. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

I hope he gets a ride if this comes true but who?? He doesn't bring sponsor dollars with him and everyone else seems to have their lineups set. The only way he could get a quality ride would be a team starting up another car and without the sponsor money no one will do that.

The one thing I could see but I don't know if Matty D would go for it is a full-time ride in a Gibbs Xfinity car maybe replacing Bell in the #20. With no up and comer from KBM trucks if Bell moves up there is a championship ride open. Again not sure Matt would want to drop down a series but it may be his best option.

13. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

To add to this... This was posted 4 hours ago, 2 hours after the tweet regarding DiBurrito.
    '.JPG

14. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

I feel like Bell will stay in the 95 until Denny's contract expires. Jones is still good enough to stay in Gibbs IMO.

15. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

I like Erik, but he just hasn't put together a stellar resume with Gibbs yet in the 2 years (62 races overall) he's been with the team. Only 1 win, 2 poles - the only decent stats are the 17 top 5's and 30 top-10's. I know the kid's got skill but on paper, he's lacking. Denny in the last 3 years may only have 5 wins (3 this year), but he's got 37 top 5's and 54 top 10's.

Personally, I think we'd see Erik out the door a little faster than Denny, but you never know.

Virox6549 likes this.
  16. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Sadly, this is my issue with the 4 team max limit rule. Not enough rides but plenty of talent upcoming.
    If JGR, HMS, hell, ANY team has the ability to field 5, 6, or even 7 cars, LET THEM.

17. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

David Ragan might not return next season to the FRM 34.

18. Gravite

Gravite #LETSGOC9

From Adam Stern:
    @DavidRagan this morning will announce that he will retire from
    @NASCAR after this season, as he wants to spend more time with his family after a solid career in the sport. @Team_FRM is planning to remain a three-car team, but it does not yet have a replacement lined up.

That developed pretty fast.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  19. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

Nooooo, no more front row Ragan at Talladega...

20. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Agreed.

I'd rather see 7 competitve Gibbs car on track rather than 4 Gibbs, a decent LFR car, and then some shitty teams 2 seconds off pace. Maybe I'm being harsh but, oh well.