1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

The Mustang body change was obviously way overdue. It looks pretty dang good. Really like the hood but agree with others that said that the taillights are too close together.

You left out the other half of this statement where they also said the tires would be wider too and not just taller. This combined with the independent rear suspension. Gonna be quiet a fun change to watch everyone adjust to especially at the roadcourses.

2. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

Joe Gibbs Racing 2020 Line-up.
    #11 Denny Hamlin - Fedex
    #18 Kyle Busch - M&M's
    #19 Martin Truex Jr - Bass Pro
    #20 Erik Jones - DeWalt
    #81 Matt DiBenedetto - IK9
    #95 Christopher Bell - Procore/Rheem

Gibbs placing the Rookie with a Established team will help Bell adapt to the Cup series cars. Putting a experienced Matt with a "new" Full Time team in 2020 will help build the team around Guido. Trying to think outside the box here...

I'm also thinking, #4 KBM will be open for Deegan in 2020, Since Todd is likely getting the boot and going to his Dad's #17 truck. Also the #20 Xfinity ride will likely be up in the air for Harrison Burton with Dex Imagaing backing him, which leaves the #18 KBM open for ?

joeykraus19 and theusar like this.
  3. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

You know I like the Line up idea.... but I feel like Ik9/81 Team needs someone like a Truex or Hamlin or maybe stretch and say Jones that has vast knowledge of these cars... This is Matt's 1st year in top equipment so I dont know if he can give the feedback like needed.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  4. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

NASCAR Announces 2020 Driver Participation Guidelines, Procedural Changes

NASCAR competition officials announced procedural changes Wednesday for the 2020 season in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series, unveiling the driver participation guidelines for the sport’s national series, reducing the size of the Xfinity Series field from 38 to 36 and setting the schedule for the Dash 4 Cash and Triple Truck Challenge bonus programs.

Driver participation rules for Xfinity and Gander Trucks races feature only slight changes from the previous season. Under NASCAR’s current rules, drivers with more than five years of experience who earn points in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series were limited to driving in seven Xfinity Series events and five races in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
    https://www.mrn.com/2019/08/21/nasc...-participation-guidelines-procedural-changes/

joeykraus19 likes this.
  5. Keselowski2Wallace

still is stupid.... should be 3.

6. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Unnecessary. And disappointing

joeykraus19 and mtblillie like this.
  7. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

At this point they need to just let everyone race for crying out loud.

TimDog51 and joeykraus19 like this.
  8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Jake n' Bake

There's a rumor going around that Ty Dillon may retire after this season and move to a management spot with RCR. Hemric would move to the 13 and Reddick would move up into the 8.

It seems unlikely, but I think it's a good move. Ty has never seemed like a particularly good driver to me, maybe managing a team is more to his ability. We'll just have to wait and see.

9. Keselowski2Wallace

okay... I'm just gonna say it.... sounds "like Father, Like Son" type of thing.

10. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Would possibly be the best thing Ty has done for the RCR organization lol
    As much as I like Reddick (dude is a personable guy with an a-hole streak lol) there's a really good chance he will struggle in Cup if they keep this exact package next year. He prefers a slightly wild car that can be manhandled and moved around; the current package is NOT conducive for that. I think he'd be better if we were still in the Gen4 era, but with the way it is now.... it doesn't cater to his style. Hope he proves me wrong.

EDIT: I also wonder how long Austin will take coming to a similar realization as Ty. Let's face it, he's had a couple moments of brilliance heavily bracketed by absolute crap.

Tetronix likes this.
  11. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

His run at Kansas gave me hope that he’ll still be very competitive. I believe he’s just so much of a damn good racer that he’ll be able to adapt, but I may also be biased since I’m a big fan of his.

I definitely am biased when I say to your second point that Austin Dillon would have far more than 2 wins if he wasn’t at RCR. RCR’s Cup program hasn’t been good since the early 2000s, and Harvick was outperforming the equipment by miles near the end of his run there. I’d even go as far as to say that Dillon could someday be the first with a title in all three national series if he was in right equipment.

dalejr88rox and Riley Maddox like this.
  12. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

Supposedly, FRM are in talks with Matt D to replace David Ragan next year. I know he doesn't want to take a step back to Xfinity, but I honestly think his best bet right now would be to try and pursue a top ride there. He belongs in Cup, but the good seats aren't available. Yet. Maybe that changes in the coming months. I don't see him contending for wins with FRM, though.

13. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Corey LaJoie is also said to be under consideration by FRM for the #38 ride.

MillsLayne likes this.
  14. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

How about Matty D goes back to GO Fas Racing and they align with Stewart-Haas Racing?

15. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

While it has been rumored that Go Fas will align itself with SHR, those rumors also point to Custer taking over the #32 - which, btw, GFR has denied.

16. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

With Bowyer and Suarez on the hot seat Custer will most definitely get a seat on the mothership next year, if that does happen I would love to see MattyD potentially with SHR support

17. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

What's to say both Bowyer and Suarez don't get the boot?
    While unlikely, it would open up seats for not just Cole but Matt D, who has shown talent at least equal to either one of them, in arguably inferior equipment.

Bowyer to the booth, and Suarez to the curb or some other ride.
    Custer moves up, and SHR gets a driver peaking in fandom and potential marketability.

Unlikely, but possible. Or Matt to the 32 or whatever for another year, and when Bowyer rolls out, Matt moves in if Briscoe doesn't jump.

18. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

The only place I could see Matt going that has potential is SHR, and that's IF Suarez and/or Bowyer get the boot and Custer doesn't take up that seat if it's only one of them. I just feel like if he goes to another subpar team to bide his time for another ride to open up, he's going to lose out to the next "young gun" moving up. His biggest enemy at this point is timing, age and the charter system/team limit.

19. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Suarez ain't going anywhere next year. He brings too much money to Stewart-Haas Racing, they're not just going to dump him and let all that money walk away. Bowyer will be the one who gets dumped if he doesn't retire first. He brings along zero funding, plus has been under performing all season (has SHR's worst average finish).

20. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Suarez brings in Arris and... that's it. Clint brings in Peak, granted they run on the car slightly less. Suarez and Bowyer definitely both have room for improvement, but I don't think SHR is quite all caught up with this new aero package either. They've all been slowed down as a whole as the package has progressed. While it's not as drastic as the Camaro, the new Mustang also must impact performance at least slightly. Another point is both Custer and Matt don't really have any more sponsors they'd bring with them than Suarez and Bowyer already have. I think they'll let Suarez at least try to grow, and I think Bowyer and Tony are too much alike for them to end in less than optimal terms. I'd say Bowyer is within a few years of retiring anyways. I think he'll retire the final year of the gen6 or the first year of the gen 7 due to the change.

Tetronix, Riley Maddox and MillsLayne like this.