1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

All this talk of SHR drivers getting the shaft and no mention of Almirola? His and Suarez's 2019 stats are pretty comparable but I'd definitely choose Almirola if one of the SHR drivers had to go.

Darren Ingram likes this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Smithfield would like a word lol

3. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

And that's the other problem Matt has when trying to land a ride, like someone else already said. Sponsorship. He has to sell himself to teams AND sponsors. Unfortunately, as we've seen with countless other drivers all across the world, you need to bring a boatload of money most of the time.

4. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Doh! :confused:

But even then, Suarez has Arris still right? I don't know, I just think that Dibenedetto is either facing unemployment or FRM. I don't believe he'll go to NXS or trucks. Sad but true.

5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Hot Take: Jimmie retires as Matt takes the #48

starscream24 and EarnhardtFan like this.
  6. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Funny, I was thinking this same scenario lol. I know realistically Jimmie wouldn't retire because of a couple sub-par seasons, but I was thinking he would call it a career (or at least a full-time career) after this season and specifically ask Hendrick to put Matt in the car

7. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

I would apologize for all the bad shit I have said about Jimmie if he did that.

8. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

I don't think Jimmie retires yet, unless he's forced out, which I can't imagine that being the case.

9. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Jimmie has been adamant about getting #8, so....

Tetronix likes this.
  10. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Just took at look at the new chicane at the ROVAL, wow, these guys are really going to have to adjust their style going in there. It's not going to be like last year, or like the one at Watkins Glen, but it will be more like having to wheel it through there.

USSTalladega likes this.
  11. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Yes, but Almirola has that Smithfield sponsorship as a primary for, at the very minimum, 90% of the season. So far Arris has been primary only 6 of 25 races.

12. Gravite

Gravite #LETSGOC9

If my memory serves me right, Arris has had to pay JGR to get out of there. So I'm thinking Arris sponsorship is going to go up a notch next season. I think if anyone is going out it's Bowyer, but it looks to me like he's staying put.

13. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

So here's a thought, and it's pretty "alternate universe" stuff, but.... what about DiBenedetto possibly getting with GMS? They're a team that wants to go to cup the right way, having the money and resources to be contending for top tens right out of the gate. Possible scenario would have DiBenedetto go to Xfinity for 2020 and come to cup in 2021, perhaps Moffit going to Xfinity in 2021. I also believe that the charters get reevaluated after 2020 so who knows how that might all work out.... but you never know.

14. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

The biggest issue with Matt and the reason I think he's pretty fucked is money. He has little to no sponsors. At least, sponsors that can sponsor a top tier team consistently. GMS also has a small selection in sponsors. That would be a scary combination unless some big deal would be found.

Tetronix, Gravite and ThatOneShredder like this.
  15. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

According to Corey Lajoie from his podcast, Rush Truck Centers apparently love Bowyer and have said if Bowyer is gone from SHR, they're gone too. Scary considering they're not even Bowyer's personal sponsor.

16. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Per Adam Stern: 'Ty Dillon and Daniel Hemric slated to likely return to their respective rides. Reddick has been talking to other teams, including RFR'

I know Richard is pushing hard to get full sponsorship for the 31, and that doesn't always pan out. Yes, Tyler is exploring other options, and no, RFR is not the top of that list, but should all else fail, is plenty possible. There are other teams exploring options, including (but not limited to) CGR, albeit unlikely given their funding system still not recovered from the loss of DC Solar.

Personally (opinion at this point), Tyler going with the easiest solution (RFR) would be stupid (and I'm not the only person who has expressed that towards him). But he really is hell bent on getting into a Cup ride.

17. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

18. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

I guess everyone forgot that Xtreme Concepts Inc's #81 is going FT next year....

19. ThatOneShredder

ThatOneShredder "I can shotgun a White Claw."

We'll see. I think they got a little ahead of themselves this year and reeled back a little bit. We'll see come off season what their intentions are.

Keselowski2Wallace likes this.
  20. Ajwehr

Ajwehr Well-Known Member

Saw some rumors of Ty Dillon retiring from driving and going to a management role at RCR. No clue how true this is.