Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
All this talk of SHR drivers getting the shaft and no mention of Almirola? His and Suarez's 2019 stats are pretty comparable but I'd definitely choose Almirola if one of the SHR drivers had to go.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
And that's the other problem Matt has when trying to land a ride, like someone else already said. Sponsorship. He has to sell himself to teams AND sponsors. Unfortunately, as we've seen with countless other drivers all across the world, you need to bring a boatload of money most of the time.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Smithfield would like a word lol
Doh! :confused:

But even then, Suarez has Arris still right? I don't know, I just think that Dibenedetto is either facing unemployment or FRM. I don't believe he'll go to NXS or trucks. Sad but true.

EarnhardtFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hot Take: Jimmie retires as Matt takes the #48
Funny, I was thinking this same scenario lol. I know realistically Jimmie wouldn't retire because of a couple sub-par seasons, but I was thinking he would call it a career (or at least a full-time career) after this season and specifically ask Hendrick to put Matt in the car

starscream24

Captain of Unpopular Opinions.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking this same scenario lol. I know realistically Jimmie wouldn't retire because of a couple sub-par seasons, but I was thinking he would call it a career (or at least a full-time career) after this season and specifically ask Hendrick to put Matt in the car
I would apologize for all the bad shit I have said about Jimmie if he did that.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't think Jimmie retires yet, unless he's forced out, which I can't imagine that being the case.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just took at look at the new chicane at the ROVAL, wow, these guys are really going to have to adjust their style going in there. It's not going to be like last year, or like the one at Watkins Glen, but it will be more like having to wheel it through there.

Gravite

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Almirola has that Smithfield sponsorship as a primary for, at the very minimum, 90% of the season. So far Arris has been primary only 6 of 25 races.
If my memory serves me right, Arris has had to pay JGR to get out of there. So I'm thinking Arris sponsorship is going to go up a notch next season. I think if anyone is going out it's Bowyer, but it looks to me like he's staying put.

ThatOneShredder

"I can shotgun a White Claw."
SRD Member
Reaction score
So here's a thought, and it's pretty "alternate universe" stuff, but.... what about DiBenedetto possibly getting with GMS? They're a team that wants to go to cup the right way, having the money and resources to be contending for top tens right out of the gate. Possible scenario would have DiBenedetto go to Xfinity for 2020 and come to cup in 2021, perhaps Moffit going to Xfinity in 2021. I also believe that the charters get reevaluated after 2020 so who knows how that might all work out.... but you never know.

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
So here's a thought, and it's pretty "alternate universe" stuff, but.... what about DiBenedetto possibly getting with GMS? They're a team that wants to go to cup the right way, having the money and resources to be contending for top tens right out of the gate. Possible scenario would have DiBenedetto go to Xfinity for 2020 and come to cup in 2021, perhaps Moffit going to Xfinity in 2021. I also believe that the charters get reevaluated after 2020 so who knows how that might all work out.... but you never know.
The biggest issue with Matt and the reason I think he's pretty fucked is money. He has little to no sponsors. At least, sponsors that can sponsor a top tier team consistently. GMS also has a small selection in sponsors. That would be a scary combination unless some big deal would be found.

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
According to Corey Lajoie from his podcast, Rush Truck Centers apparently love Bowyer and have said if Bowyer is gone from SHR, they're gone too. Scary considering they're not even Bowyer's personal sponsor.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Per Adam Stern: 'Ty Dillon and Daniel Hemric slated to likely return to their respective rides. Reddick has been talking to other teams, including RFR'

I know Richard is pushing hard to get full sponsorship for the 31, and that doesn't always pan out. Yes, Tyler is exploring other options, and no, RFR is not the top of that list, but should all else fail, is plenty possible. There are other teams exploring options, including (but not limited to) CGR, albeit unlikely given their funding system still not recovered from the loss of DC Solar.

Personally (opinion at this point), Tyler going with the easiest solution (RFR) would be stupid (and I'm not the only person who has expressed that towards him). But he really is hell bent on getting into a Cup ride.

Ajwehr

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Saw some rumors of Ty Dillon retiring from driving and going to a management role at RCR. No clue how true this is.