1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

just a rumor... from a post earlier they are stating that Dillon and Hemric will stay in their respective rolls

2. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

CGR may have the possibility to go to 3 cars if the talks of Monster expanding their roll with the team are true. That might mean a fully sponsored #1 Kurt Busch and Larson is already covered so that means all the other sponsors from the #1 could move to a 3rd car plus some support from other team sponsors and anything a driver would bring with them. Its not far fetched to see it happen although I would think maybe Chastain would get a look before Reddick or anyone else would after the whole DC Solar situation.

3. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Where does Christopher Bell go now that Erik Jones has signed his extension?

4. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

One could hope the 11

5. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Already announced the 95.
    Hamlin is the class of the field this season and has FedEx behind him through and through.

6. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I missed that, thanks.

7. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Capture45.PNG

Ty Dillon also announced on his Instagram that "I'm not retiring... that is all wrong." Glad we could put such a shitty rumor to rest.

Riley Maddox and Shockey Rai like this.
  8. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Except it wasn't "shitty" per se. The guy, like him or not, has habitually underperformed since his truck days, inheriting championship level teams and equipment and failing to meet the most basic of expectations (possibly why he got saddled with the 13). Having him step aside to take an administrative role wasn't beyond the realm of possibilities (still isn't).

9. ChadVSO

ChadVSO Well-Known Member

I guess that situation happened with Coy Gibbs back in the day. He had a good car in his hands and did nothing with it.

10. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

Given the #10 Xfinity team wants him next year to go for a Championship, this also might play into that... But I don't see Ross not taking this chance if Ganassi Starts up the #40 for Ross next season.

db512 likes this.
  11. Keselowski2Wallace

So just looking up the FT car count for 2020..

Roush Racing (3) +1 if they sign Reddick
    Penske (4) Stays the Same if Menard re-signs with WB or Cindric gets the push up with Money Lion Sponsorship.
    SHR (4) Same..
    Hendrick (4) Same
    Ganassi (3) +1 if they sign Ross Chastian
    RCR (2) Same.. unless they find sponsorship for Reddick
    Gibbs (5) +1 Bell Signed to the #95
    Starcom (1) Same
    Premium (3) Same if Spire Stays in the Sport.
    Germain (1) Same
    GoFas (1) Poss... Signing Cole Custer
    FRM (3) Signs LaJoie to Replace David.
    JTG (2) Same
    RWR (4) Same
    XCI (1) +1 Signs Matt DiBenedetto

40-41 FT teams next year, if RWR does run 3-4 cars FT next year

12. RacerXero84

With the craziness of Cup silly season, I think something is being overlooked:
    With the top level drivers in Xfinity (Bell, Custer, Reddick) vacating their spots, what is this going to do to the talent pool in Xfinity? Aside from Enfinger, Chastain, and Moffitt (where do they go next year?), I don't see talent coming up as much as it has been the last 5 years or so. I assume it'll be something of a drought period before some more potential superstars move up.

But you will have the 20, 00, and 2 rides vacant. Who fills em?
    And what will the competition look like in 2020-2021? I'm thinking this benefits seemingly career Xfinity guys like Allgaier, and sub-level stars like Gragson, Jones, and Haley.

Riley Maddox and MillsLayne like this.
  13. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

I wish I could say that would open the door for JHN to get one of those rides, but his season in the 23 hasn't been all that great. We've seen what he could do in good equipment, but memories aren't that long with car owners and sponsors.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  14. Keselowski2Wallace

Chastain will be in the #10
    JHN in the #23
    Gragson in the #9
    Allgaier in the #7
    Annett in the #1
    Hayley in the #11
    Jones in the #19
    Enfinger in the #00
    Moffitt in the #20
    Sheldon Creed in the #2
    Austin Hill in the #61

Xfinity seems okay to me with Star power, and Justin being the Xfinity Veteran.. I'd be worried about the Trucks losing 3 multi winners, but then again. Deegan in the #4 truck, Gilliland in the #17 Truck, Burton in the #18 truck, Sauter still in the #13 truck, Rhodes in the #99 Truck, Crafton in the #88.

15. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

I don't know if this is like, a prediction or what it is. I don't see Enfinger in the 00 or Moffitt in the 20, and with Creed being in the DED program I don't see him with RCR. I would also be iffy on JHN in the 23 tbh, because he barley brought enough money this year to get the ride, so I don't know if he is going to be able to come up with it again.

Also, lets hope to god that Deegan is not in that 4 truck because that is just a disaster waiting to happen.

16. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Enfinger is a career truck driver. I don't understand where people got the idea he's gonna go anywhere.

dalejr88rox and MrDude68 like this.
  17. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

I think like most drivers, if an opportunity presented itself, that was as competitive as that 00 is, he would take it, but I don't think that option is available to him. This all requires Custer to be in cup next year, which in reality he may not be. If he were to move up though, you would have to think that Ty Majeski has to be on the short list, with him being a Ford driver and all, and he for sure deserves the oppurtunity.

18. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Deegan has already announced that she will be focusing more on ARCA next year. Not saying she won't run trucks but I don't think that will be her primary focus if she does. It kind of seems like 1) Deegan has actual raw talent and 2) she is trying to move through the right way, at least so far, rather than rushing into it.

19. RacerXero84

His run in the 60 car would suggest otherwise. He may be good on the local circuits, but he is very much unproven on a national level.
    And, no, driving a fake "simulator" game doesn't count lol

20. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

I agree to an extent, that shit was cursed and we know it. It also held Briscoe and Cindric who have both proven their own worth this season. I don't think Majeski is a top level talent though.

mtblillie likes this.