1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Agreed. Grant is 34 and he hasn't said anything about leaving the Truck Series.

2. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Graphic Designer || EGI Partner

I don't think that conclusion can be drawn without him getting a chance. That 60 car was crap. Put him in a competent car, with a competent team surrounding him, and some damn consistency in his life, and I think he would be fighting for wins

3. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I would be happy to see Chastain get the #10 car and have a full time Xfinity ride. As long as he keeps winning races.

As much as I hate to take about him. Lol. Kyle Busch is not happy with Gilliland in the #4. I don't think he would be wanting to take a step backwards and put Deegan in that truck.

TheSpeedanator likes this.
  4. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

5. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

6. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

7. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Matt D. in Penske equipment. Awesome.

8. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

Whoa! Wasn't expecting to see Paul Menard retire. But if this means Matt DiBenedetto gets a good ride, i don't mind.

9. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Time for Matt D. to show us what he's really worth now being in a good ride next year. No excuses for him to do terribly.

Bitbreaker likes this.
  10. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

That should be good, but I have a few questions: It said Paul Menard will retire from Full Time racing. Does that mean he will race part time? If he leaves, will Menard's stay with both the 12 and the 21, or will it leave one or both teams also?

11. Cutch22

Cutch22 That Pittsburgh Fan

So excited for Matty D. I am curious as to where the Menards Money goes though...

12. JNieder51188

This is what I tweeted Bob Pockrass. Occasionally he responds to me. Menards sponsors a ton of random teams (Penske/WBR, JGR-Brandon Jones,ThorSport-Crafton) and they came to WBR because of Paul Menard. I wonder if they stay.

13. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Shockey Rai likes this.
  14. TheOutlaw1272

Looking at the wood brothers twitter, it's implied that Menards would stay

15. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Menards does have the strong ties to Penske with Cup, Xfinity, and Indycar. I imagine they will stay around with Penske in their current capacity but may scale back at the Wood Bros. since Paul won't be driving but I think they will stay just for less races.

This is great for Matt very excited he EARNED a really good ride for next season. I hope he has the chance to show what he can do.

Sounds like Paul has plans to race maybe he will run more Xfinity races for Penske on a part-time basis.

16. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Pockrass says that Menards is planned to be on the 21.

Also, for reference, Menards on the NXS 19 and NGOTS 88 are B2Bs. Brandon Jones has connections to Rheem, who typically foots the bill for the 19, and the Thorson’s own SealMaster, which has products sold at Menards, hence the SealMaster logo on Crafton’s QP.

17. TheOutlaw1272

Can't wait to see Matty D compete at the Penske Games next year!

18. JNieder51188

Didn't know that about Sealmaster/Thorson. Nice info. What is the connection with Jones/Rheem? Doesn't C. Bell have a bigger connection with Rheem?

19. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

When the rumor of Ty retiring from racing came up I wondered how long Paul would keep racing with family ties and not having great results, this answers that
    I really didn't see Paul retiring or Matt going to the 21 but good for them!

20. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

I’m pretty sure his father is a higher up in the company, or maybe just a large investor, but I might be wrong. They basically fund both JGR cars.