1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by ahspencer01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai Elio

I'm not surprised Hemric is being released considering how his season has been.
    Honestly should of stayed in Xfinity for awhile longer anyways.

2. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I don't think staying in Xfinity would have done anything for his Cup development, probably would have hurt it. I could see him being like Justin Allgaier and being a veteran in that series though.

3. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

Reddick Time.

4. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

Yeah boy!

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see how Reddick does in a Cup car next season. He did real well in his starts in the 31 this year.

nj9703 likes this.
  5. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

That didn't take long.

6. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he starts outrunning the golden child Dillon. While I don't think he will unless he can just outperform RCR equipment, it'll be fun to watch. Dillon and Hemric are pretty much a wash on season stats (20 avg finish vs 22 avg finish) so either RCR equipment is subpar, Dillon is not as good as everyone thinks and is almost being outperformed by a rookie, or both. If I was Reddick, I would have looked hard at going to Roush (and I can't believe I'm saying that).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    MillsLayne and Virox6549 like this.
  7. MillsLayne

MillsLayne 2x Champ, guys.

I'll say this about Reddick: I was one of his detractors after he won the championship last year, but he's been stellar this year and, as we've seen, can win almost anywhere in any situation against some stout competition. He may not light the world on fire in RCR Cup equipment, but he absolutely deserves a Cup ride over quite a few already there.

Riley Maddox and starscream24 like this.
  8. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Tough break for Hemric he is a good driver but really you only have to look at one thing. He has never won in any of the top three series plain and simple. He is very consistent and brings the car home where it should be and a lot of the time he brings it home in one piece. That is great and all but you have to have the ability to rise up and compete for wins and IMO Hemric really hasn't done that enough. Reddick at least gives the team a shot in the arm and when he has a car that is close he has the talent to get the rest himself. I think it is an improvement for RCR in the long run but they do need to start running up front more and producing better equipment.

9. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Jesus, kinda called that one..... and I haven't heard about anything FINAL with Ty Dillon....

10. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Hemric scored the most points in the Xfinity Series last year, but still hasn't won anything. Reddick has been the best driver in Xfinity this season and has a much higher ceiling. Why wouldn't you make that move? I hope Hemric can land on his feet somewhere, he's a steady pair of hands and talent is there.

nj9703 likes this.
  11. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Ty himself said he's not going anywhere and that rumor was false.

Riley Maddox and ahspencer01 like this.
  12. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Theres a number of reasons why I dont take that at face value.... while unlikely he will retire, I dont considee anything final until a contract is signed or a press release... and I think the Hemric situation outlines that perfectly; he started off confident of returning.... then a little less so, then he was iffy.... now he is out.

Things change quick.

13. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Has anybody heard of any teams unveiling either a new sponsor and/or paint scheme on Thursday? Thanks.

14. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Well-Known Member Banned

I haven't, but you have my attention.

15. Dodgeman4345

Dover International Speedway will host a press conference announcing its entitlement sponsor for the Sunday, Oct. 6 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race in front of the Monster Monument at Victory Plaza on Thursday, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m.

In addition to announcing a new entitlement sponsor, the Sept. 19 event will include a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver appearance, the unveiling of a primary paint scheme for that driver’s car in the Oct. 6 race, and details on an exclusive fan contest. Steve Post, a pit reporter for the Motor Racing Network, will emcee the event.

I am at work right now so I had to copy and past from the article. Lol.

16. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

17. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

18. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

Lets find ways to take away all the entertainment - NASCAR execs.

nascarfreak88 and RacerXero84 like this.
  19. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

“Per a source”

Wow, so very credible.

bvc, Tetronix, burtonbraves and 2 others like this.
  20. Dodgeman4345

NASCAR OPINION per a SOURCE. Yeah, I'm not buying into this one.

ahspencer01 likes this.