Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
YES!

BYEEEEEE!!!!!

I think Hemric will get a look for the 37, he may not be one of these superstars, but he's a proven reliable talent.
I don't see anyone else they could really put in that seat.

Hopefully Chris can really show what the 17 can do; Newman outpaced Stenhouse his first year with the team, so I think the 17 can do better.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Good. This move gives the #17 some respectability again. Buescher should put that car somewhere around where Newman is now. Roush's cars don't seem to be as poor as I thought, it just had massive underachievers in Trevor & Ricky dragging them down.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
We all know what happened last time JGR backed another team with good driver/CC chemistry.

Not saying that will happen here, but to be fully honest... it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
I'd be okay with this if it happened.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wow, didn't they just extend his contract? Honestly, this has been a long time coming, but I'm kind of sad that I possibly won't be able to rip on him anymore.

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now the fight for the #37 car... who gets it?

Ross Chastain
Daniel Hemric
John Hunter Nemecheck
Wrecky Spinhouse Jr.
Cole Custer

MWick4

SRD SuperTruck Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
true... that #34 car is also open..
No it isn't.... McDowell already said he was returning.
Think he meant the 38.. but to think FRM was the eventual home of one of Roush Fenway’s last rejects David Ragan, it would make sense.

Also for the 17 there is nothing I’d love more than to see them go back to the Kenseth-era font

Last edited:

UnfixingDuke24

Who names their kid Jeg?
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now the fight for the #37 car... who gets it?

Ross Chastain
Daniel Hemric
John Hunter Nemecheck
Wrecky Spinhouse Jr.
Cole Custer
the fact JHN made that list made me smile. the way this silly season is going I can't say it absolutely wont happen, but it's a stretch, especially since as of late, JHN has had a lot of support from Albertsons.

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Reaction score

Who goes to the 37? Hemric maybe?

Boo. That sucks for Stenhouse. (Being the sole Stenhouse fan here.)

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think Newman's performance this year might of proved maybe it wasn't equipment that sucked.
I'm not trying to be an asshole here...but really? Bayne farting around in that car for 4 years didn't tell anyone that he's a pretty shit driver? Lol

Roush is a winning team, but up until this year they didn't have winning drivers. Ricky I don;t give a damn about but he has displayed some talent with that team unlike Bayne. Newman is a good racer so I'm not really surprised in his efforts this year

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
Jeff Burton made the case last night that JTG needs to go after Brett Moffitt or Ross Chastain over Daniel Hemric.. Thats a Win in my book!

so, we have Moffitt, Chastain, Hemric, Nemecheck, & Spinhouse all looking for Rides, with a potential Saurez getting the boot for Custer, with the #37 being the only Competitive ride over the #38, #15, #55, #27, #51, #52, #53, #54.