Latest resources

2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset BryceO84
2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset for the Gen6BR_cts mod.
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - BRIS1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - DAR1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - PHO1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR test 2011 daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattSRD28

SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoo! Everyone in Chevy Luminas!

Last edited:

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
wrong chevy not! that ford
You missed his point. His point implies that every car looks like a 1989-1994 Chevrolet Lumina from the front end to the rear (tho, the rear-end of the car needs a bit more work). Not like it's a bad thing.

leger33

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
You missed his point. His point implies that every car looks like a 1989-1994 Chevrolet Lumina from the front end to the rear (tho, the rear-end of the car needs a bit more work). Not like it's a bad thing.
oh. your right me worng =_=

MattSRD28

Staff member
Reaction score
It's only a bad thing if you happen to dislike Chevys. ;)

I guess I'm a relic of the old days where Ford vs Chevy was the top manufacturer's battle, with Pontiacs bringing up the rear. Thunderbirds looked like Thunderbirds down to the little lip in the center of the hood. Luminas looked like Luminas whose nose I always thought best resembled the cow catcher on the front of a locomotive.

Look at these two:

The bottom part of the #27's nose is about 4 inches behind where the #25's is, but other than that, they are almost identical. Is that a bad thing? *shrug* It's not up to me. That's GM's call, which admittedly is an easier one to make when the government will keep the boat afloat if fatal mistakes are made.

If it was something only Chevys were doing, that'd be one thing, but now all the cars are basically Luminas:

If you showed the pic of the #27, and then this pic to a random dude at a bus stop who'd never seen a race car before and asked him if the cars were of the same make, he'd probably say that they were. That IS a bad thing to me. The cars need to have more distinction than simply stickers on the nose and a window whose shape nobody pays any attention to.

In the meantime, I'll have a moment of silence in memory of true brand identification and loyalty.

Last edited:

slimcutta86

SRD Member
Reaction score
is that just a piece of debris on close to the left rear of the 6 or some kind of contraption? lolwut?

super39fan

SRD Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how freakishly large the antenna was, especially on the 1 car?

mattoney

SRD Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice how freakishly large the antenna was, especially on the 1 car?
That antenna looks like a "pitot" tube. It's used to measure wind speed. There's a big article on wikipedia about how they work.

:emoticon-sign:

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Chances are if we have enough pictures we can have a 2011 test set for when the updated bullring noses come out. Daytona should be very interesting... :yes:

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know this is a small.detail, but I don't understand why the Dodges have the new grille and headlights but still have the old model's taillights.

Hendrick9Fan

Guy who paints a lot of cars.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Just 1 question. Does anyone know why there is a big X on the 13?

MattSRD28

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a small.detail, but I don't understand why the Dodges have the new grille and headlights but still have the old model's taillights.
If Dodge changed the look of the grill on the 2011 Charger, but didn't change the look of the taillights, that would happen.

I haven't seen a 2011 street Charger yet.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Dodge changed basically every panel on the car, including giving it a full width Challenger-esque taillight which looks nothing like the old models'

wslates

SRD Member
Reaction score
Dodge changed basically every panel on the car, including giving it a full width Challenger-esque taillight which looks nothing like the old models'
Someone said they probably left the old ones on since the new taillights would cover up the rear, eliminating sponsor space. :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.