1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NASCAR Thunder 2003/2004 Problem

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by JEarnhardtFan33, Jan 28, 2018.

1. JEarnhardtFan33

JEarnhardtFan33 Active Member

Hello. I've been doing NASCAR Thunder 2004 recently and I've had a recurring problem. That problem is that caution laps aren't counting. The problem with this is that I still lose fuel, meaning if there is even 1 caution its nearly impossible for me to make it to the end of the race. I later tested it in NASCAR Thunder 2003 and the same thing happened. Is there any way to fix this?

2. BlackChevy14

BlackChevy14 Well-Known Member

What distance are you racing on? If it's only 5% they don't count (since the race is so short), 10% and higher did count. I lost a championship my second year in career on NT03 by one point to Mark Martin because of it happening multiple times (in a 24 race season I probably had eight DNFs for running out of fuel). Instead of running the longer races I just switched off yellow flags for the following season (along with switching to twelve-race schedules since I wanted to get to the eighth championship quicker, I'd done 24 to let me try to get all my R&D done as a rookie or early in my sophomore year and it worked) and didn't lose another race except one where I hit the pit wall entrance at Richmond, granted that was only on Veteran mode so I'm no ace, but yeah. I know that drifted a bit off topic but I had a wave of nostalgia.

JEarnhardtFan33 likes this.
  3. JEarnhardtFan33

JEarnhardtFan33 Active Member

Yeah, that'd be the problem, I've been running 5%, but only for my first season to get the struggles out of the way. Also, I always love the stories people have in these games, and how you could end up with crazy championship battles. I remember on my first playthrough back when the game first came out in my 2nd or 3rd season I had a crazy championship battle, going into Homestead the Top 10 was within like 100 points of each other, Mark Martin ended up winning by 1 point over Tony Stewart, I finished 3rd only 5 points back. I ended up running like 13 seasons until my Xbox broke. R.I.P.