1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Natalie Decker Bristol Disaster Radio

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Racingfan83, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Can't wait for Martinsville. ;)
    Weird.JPG

3. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

Wow! Those audios really give you a good view of the amount of stress for drivers, spotters and crew chiefs in races.... So, based on that:
    1. Natalie got "scolded" because of the incident with the #33
    2. To clarify: Was the spin fault of the tow truck then? Or was something wrong with the truck when she was getting the push from behind?

Thanks for the audios @Racingfan83 ;)

joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  4. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Found another angle of the tow truck incident...
    bad.jpg

5. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

She hit the brake because she thought the truck was going too fast and she wasnt going to be able to turn in...

6. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

She's had a rough year, not sure if she will be around much longer.

7. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I mean, I don't personally think the tow truck thing was that big a deal. From what I understood of the situation she w actually wanting to turn into the garage area (I'm pretty sure there is an entrance near there, but now that I think about it I might be wrong), and was expecting him to slow down. I mean, she did overreact but I don't think it is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I did like the "you gotta start listening to your spotter" thing though.

8. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

I think he was either A.) Trying to push her to the stall or B.) Trying to get speed to see if she could get it to refire.... The fact she didnt listen to the spotter what so ever is big due to this not being the first time she's had an issue,

9. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Resident hater of playoofs

This just in: NASCAR Publishing is releasing a new children's book called Natalie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Season.

In all seriousness though, tow truck seems to be a miscue and isn't that big of a deal outside of being hilarious. But man, I wish she'd be better. She just doesn't seem to be good or developed enough to be at this level, which is unfortunate.

10. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I have higher hope for Hailey Deagan, though only time will tell.

11. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

Hailie Deegan has actually shown potential and has won races - I see her being a much better fit for a Truck (let alone any sort of race car) than Decker, tenfold.

12. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Decker has shown absolutely zero ability to handle a top-tier NASCAR ride. I, for one, can't wait until the publicity spectacle that is her racing career comes to an end.

13. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

I think the whole race magnified her issues. I'd love for her to be successful because NASCAR could use some diversity, but not forced diversity. I don't know if she can't handle the trucks or is having a terrible run of bad luck, but either way she's proven she gets overwhelmed by the pressure. And the better question is how does she maintain sponsorship because she didn't win in ARCA and I don't foresee her winning in NGOTS.

14. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I'm sure she can get some just by her looks, but will need to show improvement

USSTalladega likes this.
  15. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

I mean that's not a bad thing that her looks might get her sponsorships. I don't blame a company wanting a marketable face for their products, but at the same time she's got to back it up to an extent.

USSTalladega likes this.
  16. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Resident hater of playoofs

Agreed, I can't wait to see Hailie develop, especially since I somewhat vaguely kind of-ish know her. She seems to be the real deal.

I guess. I mean I for one would rather give constructive criticism rather than just a straight lambaste. Not saying she isn't deserving of criticism. In fact, she DEFINITELY is. But hoping her (or anyone's) career comes to an end seems a bit harsh.

USSTalladega likes this.
  17. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I just don't want to hype her up and then she does not do well in the big leagues. I'm hoping she will be awesome though if/when she moves up.

Tetronix likes this.
  18. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

I don't try to hype up Hailie either. But I am excited to see what she can possibly do in the future.

19. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

At least with Hailie there isn't sponsor pressure to move up and she seems to have her head on straight and knows she isn't ready to move up and is more willing to take the time and effort to put in the work to get better before taking on new challenges even if it means running lower series for a longer time. A lot of that all stems from being from a racing family its not a push for media attention she actually wants to be good.

I listened to Dale Jr.'s podcast when she was on and this is exactly what she said and I admit I am a fan and want to see her do well cause she will do it the right way.

20. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Every time they would play her audio since Daytona she sounds like she is scared as shit. You can just tell that she doesn't wanna be in these trucks. Not her fault though as we all know. She was never ready for this. She was average at best in ARCA. But nope Nascar be like "wE gOtTa HaVe AnOtHeR fEmAlE dRiVeR tO rEpLaCe DaNiCa YeStErDaY!" This whole deal is just sad really.

Riley Maddox likes this.