1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NBA Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Darren Ingram, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Rest in peace, Wesley Johnson's ankles. We hardly knew ye (full video below gif):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Darren Ingram likes this.
  2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

3. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well, the King is gonna wear the purple and gold. 4 year/154 million dollar deal, player option after year three. Very likely that the Lakers end up with Kawhi Leonard of the Spurs, and they still have the cap room to make some additional moves. Keeping those future moves in mind, the Lakers are solidly going to be the second or third best team in the league next year, behind Golden State, and on the same level of Boston. I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts about this.

4. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

But I thought that the Lakers already had a coach. I guess Luke Walton will now just have to be an assistant coach. Haha. The Lakers will probably only be the 3rd seed in the West behind Golden State and Houston. And there are more teams like the Trailblazers, Pelicans and the Thunder. And then there are more on the rise in the West with Utah, Minnesota and the Mavs (ok just hoping there). I guess we will have to wait and see but I don't see them knocking off the top West teams yet.

5. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Well this was a nice welcome home present coming back to SoCal from Japan.

Oh, that additional cap space? KCP resigns at 1yr/$12M, Lance Stephenson signs 1yr/$4.5M MLE. Javale McGee also rumored to have signed.

6. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Love love love this. Always have been a Laker fan and this is amazing. After the past couple seasons they can only get better from here. So excited for the future

7. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

As a Jazz fan, things are getting a wee bit stuffy in the West. Also, as a Philly area native, I really wish he would have gone to the Sixers. I am still holding out hope that there's a stipulation in his contract that requires the Lakers to move Lonzo and his big-headed dad elsewhere.

8. The_Dolfan

The_Dolfan #Chasing8

Well as a life long Lakers and Kobe fan my dislike for LeBron has been showcased a few times in the past (see page 3). But I’m as stoked as anyone to watch the greatest player in the world put on the purple and gold and win us championships number 17 and 18! I do feel like the team needs shooters though. The best ones are most likely Bron and KCP and that’s just not good enough to beat Golden State. But I think that the combo of Ball, Bron and Kuz could be absolutely deadly once they’ve grown and learned to play with each other.

9. MattSRD28

That may happen soon. The signing of Rondo allows for trading Ball, but at this point, it would need to be for a rebounder of some sort.

Dwight Howard's still available. He would really make the Lakers into a traveling circus act. Can you imagine LeBron, Stevenson, Javale, Rondo, and Howard in the same locker room?

10. Darren Ingram

I think it's pretty obvious by these one year signings that the Lakers are going all in for 2019 and beyond. The free agent class next season includes Klay, Jimmy Butler, Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, among other things. There's honestly no point in trying to compete for a title this season and give up your young assets for Kawhi. Let them grow a year playing with Bron, and pick up a max free agent next summer, and make whatever moves you can to take advantage of the then three years left on Bron's contract.

The_Dolfan likes this.
  11. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Remember what happened the last time Howard was on the Lakers?

13. Darren Ingram

EarnhardtFan and ahspencer01 like this.
  14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

The NBA desperately needs a hard cap.

15. puckhogg11

puckhogg11 Well-Known Member

16. Darren Ingram

It would hurt almost half of the league before it hurt the Warriors. Something needs to change though, I agree.
    14th highest payroll in the league.

17. MattSRD28

Sure do. It was the last time they had a winning season and made the playoffs. At the moment, though, it looks like Dwight might be headed to the Wiz.

18. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Lakers have just signed Rajon Rondo

19. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

My favorite non-Knick got traded for my second-favorite non-Knick today. Shame the Raptors did that to DeRozan. Nobody liked being a Raptor more than him.

20. Darren Ingram

I don't understand the Raps making this move. Kawhi is almost assuredly leaving, and no top tier free agents are going to want to sign with them after flat out lying to DeRozan. They already had enough of a problem trying to attract free agents, and I could see the Raps plunging back into the lottery if Kawhi darts after this season.