1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NCWTS In Another Dimension 2018

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by burtonbraves, Mar 17, 2018.

1. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Figured I'd post one more batch tonight...haha. Sorry for the spam, a lot has been done and I've gotten behind on posting haha

First up we have the #17 Chevy of Drake Malcom. U-Haul will be back on board the Arizona native's truck for 5 races this season.
    17UHaul1.png

Next we have the #14 Dodge of JP Burnett, who will run this Mtn Dew Ice scheme in 5 races.
    14MtnDewIce1.png

Here we have the #66 of Kevin Donahue, who gained a 2 race primary sponsor from Canadian based design firm JS Designs.
    66JSDesigns1.png

Next is the second scheme for Revved Up Racing rookie Jared Novak, who will run the #22 Praxair Toyota in 5 races this year.
    22Praxair1.png

And lastly for this small group, we have the second scheme that Carson Fitzpatrick will run in the #06 Toyota. He is competing in 12 total races, and Arnold Transportation will be on the truck for 5 of those races.
    06ArnoldTransportation1.png

Thanks for bearing with me this evening will all these schemes. More to come soon! Thanks for looking as usual everyone!

2. Johnnyk1990

Johnnyk1990 Well-Known Member

Love that U-Haul truck

burtonbraves likes this.
  3. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong #Pray4theSouth

Awesome job on the Arnold scheme, Dale! My dad would be proud!

burtonbraves likes this.
  4. burtonbraves

Thank you! I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I found a picture of an Arnold cab and that was the design that was on it.

Here are 5 more recently finished! Painting again tonight so expect more to come!

Cole Austin in the #83 Chevy will have new sponsorship this year, gaining Wagner for 5 races this year. They will run 2 different schemes between the selected events.

83Wagner1.png

83Wagner2.png

Matt Peterson in the #29 will also gain additional sponsorship from NEMF Transportation this year, as they will be on the truck for 4 races.
    29NEMF1.png

Timothy Lane will gain a 4 race primary sponsor as well, gaining it from Sour Patch Kids.
    10SourPatchKids1.jpg

And lastly for this little update, we have the #11 Chevy of Hayley Zaffrano. She will have Oceana on her truck again for 4 races this season.
    11Oceana1.jpg

5. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Great work in here man! I have to ask... where do you find these sponsors, and then how do you come up with a scheme like that?

burtonbraves likes this.
  6. burtonbraves

Thanks bud! Haha well I'll try to do my best to explain somewhat my process. I've spent honestly like hours alone just researching companies, local or big mainly hubbed in certain cities or states. Like I would go to Google and type in like say "Salt Lake City companies" and I'd get like a couple big lists and then look up the logos for ones that sounded interesting or something. Then just grab the logos (or make em if I can't find a good copy) and either design the scheme around the colors or the way it looks, or I'd go to their websites or social media accounts and look for any inspiration I could find that might make a good scheme.

Like for one particular example, we'll use the #9 truck from page one. I found the sponsor since they were hubbed in SLC, where I had the team located. So I looked them up a bit, found out what they did and what not. Thought they might make an interesting primary sponsor for a startup team. Then I went to their website, and right on their main page they have a main image on one of their tabs, that I just thought might translate to a scheme real well.

genesys.jpg

I also noticed that the main color for their tabs and such was white, with either some black trim or text. Thought I could add a white base with some black and it might add enough to the scheme to make it work along with the gradient. Personally, I think it came out pretty good. Obviously some are welcome to disagree haha, but I think it worked for that truck.

Sorry to go off on a tangent haha, just thought I'd shed a little light on how I do so many of these and where I get my inspiration and logo source from. Obviously not all of the schemes I do are like that, some are just random shapes or designs haha, but for companies I'm either unfamiliar with or stumped on a scheme, that's usually my process. And here is the turnout if anyone didn't feel like going back a page haha.

9Genesys1.jpg

7. Saan Anguish

Actually, thanks a lot for that explanation man! That's taking it above and beyond to track down history and come up with a scheme like that. Cool stuff!

Tetronix and burtonbraves like this.
  8. j.j_yeley

j.j_yeley Well-Known Member

That's kind of why I wish SimDesigners were still around because their random car generator was extremely useful for creating fictionals. Amazing paints as always!

burtonbraves likes this.
  9. burtonbraves

SimDesigners was awesome, and honestly my inspiration for my first few completed sets back 5 or 6 years ago. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Might as well post another 5 schemes!

Eric Osbourne in the #51 Dodge will run this Knauf Insulation sponsored truck in 4 races this season.
    51KnaufInsulation1.jpg

Austin Lepchesky in the #93 Toyota will run this Kenworth sponsored scheme in 6 races this season.
    93Kenworth1.png

Next we have the second truck for Connor Hannigan, the rookie from Utah. He will be sponsored by local company Royal Water Services for 4 races this season.
    9RoyalWater1.jpg

As was posted previously, Dallas Lambert was going to be making 8 starts this season for Snyder-Martinez Racing in the #80 truck. Lambert hasn't had the best of seasons in the Nascar Rheem Pro Series, but he made his debut at Martinsville. His first time in a truck, his first time on that track, and he came out and qualified 3rd. He went out and absolutely dominated that race, en route to his first career Nascar victory. It couldn't come at a sweeter place, and really got people paying attention to this kid. He's only 18 years old, but if that race was any indication, he has a bright future ahead of him. His number of races in the truck series this year was bumped up to 12, and they will be split evenly between Chili Motors and Bad Boy Mowers.
    80BadBoyMowers1.png

And lastly for this little update, we have the second scheme for the #39 of Ross Mitchell. Cvent will return to the Revved Up Racing Toyota this season for a total of 4 races as primary.
    39Cvent1.png

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  10. burtonbraves

Here are a few more!

The #4 of Dylan Vaughan has been having an awesome year so far. Dental product provider Ultradent will be on the truck for 4 races this season.
    4Ultradent1.png

The #95 of Ryan Allen will be sponsored by Long Trail Brewing this season for 4 races. They sponsored his teammate in the #32 last year, but when that team shut down they decided to maintain a light sponsorship role with the Chevy driver from Minneapolis.
    95LongTrail1.jpg

Mack Bridges will run this Curt Trailer sponsored scheme in 4 races this season on his #91 Chevy.
    91CurtTrailer1.png

Big news for this next entry! Keystone Motorsports, a 2 car team in Cup has officially ceased operations in the MENCS. They are selling their Cup equipment and shutting down both of their teams indefinitely. The owner of the team is still very much interested in Nascar though, and he is going to open up a 2 truck part time team for a couple of his former drivers, as well as take on a main management role on the Dean Warren Motorsports team, that runs in the Rheem Pro Series. Right now the new truck team has 10 races schedules for the #13 truck, and 6 races for the #73. Maria Connolly, who drove the #10 Yuengling Ford in Cup will drop down to drive the 10 races in the #13 truck. The #73 will be piloted by Dean Warren, who drove the #73 in Cup until this most recent season.

Connolly will be sponsored by Keystone Automotive in 6 of her 10 races this year, hoping to get a good gauge on where this new program is. She finished 12th in her first start at Charlotte, and is looking forward to the rest of the season. Even though she won't be behind a Cup car, she's happy to still get the opportunity to drive.
    13KeystoneAuto1.png

And lastly for this update we have the #99 Ford of Jamey Donahue. He will be sponsored by Atlanta based company Americas Mart in 4 races this season.
    99AmericasMart1.png

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  11. pomcat

pomcat Well-Known Member

All the paints are great Dale, especially the wagner trucks.

burtonbraves likes this.
  12. burtonbraves

Gonna post a few more for the evening! We are getting very close to the end of this! Only 11 more scheduled left to paint!

First up we have the #9 Toyota of Connor Hannigan. Work management software company Workfront will sponsor the truck in 4 races this year.
    9WorkFront1.jpg

Next we have the #56 Chevy of Pete Trachsel. This truck will be sponsored by Chevrolet for 4 races this year. This truck runs under the Travis Motorsports banner, which is owned by the driver of the #32 Cup car Mark Travis. This truck was originally going to be sponsored by Travis' primary Cup sponsor Duke Energy, but something has come up and there are some issues with the sponsor, so Chevrolet ended up signing on for these races. Stay tuned in the Cup thread for more information about the goings on with the #32 team!
    56ChevyFindNewRoads1.png

Next we have the final scheme for the #95 Chevy of Ryan Allen this year. Maxwell House will foot the bill for him in 4 races this year.
    95MaxwellHouse1.jpg

Here we have the third and final scheme the #14 Dodge of JP Burnett will drive this year. Mountain Dew is covering every race, and they will run this Voltage scheme in 3 races this year. The first of these races went very well, as Burnett got his best finish of the season in 4th.
    14MtnDewVoltage1.png

And lastly for this update we have the #42 Chevy of Axel Messier. Messier gained primary sponsorship from Berne Apparel over the offseason for 21 races, as well as an alliance with Cup team Harrison Motorsports. Unfortunately, 10 races into the season, Berne has pulled out of their sponsorship role due to some issues. Messier was running very well compared to last season, where he finished last in points. Currently he's 33rd in points and desperately searching for additional sponsorship to continue running at the pace he's been running. He will keep the same scheme for now, just with all the primary sponsor logos taken off.
    42Unsponsored1.png

Thanks for looking! More coming soon!

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  13. BigXBartlet

BigXBartlet Well-Known Member

Love the long trail truck

burtonbraves likes this.
  14. burtonbraves

^Thanks! Been using that same design for a few years now, I don't think I ever get tired of it haha.

Guess I'll post some more haha

The #77 Ford of David Moore has been having a great season so far. He sits 7th in points right now with 6 top 10s. Much improved over last season's woes. Camping World will hop on board to sponsor 3 races for the Bakersfield, CA native.
    77CampingWorld1.jpg

Next we have the #22 Toyota of Jared Novak, the new kid from Kansas. He's had a decent rookie season so far considering no one really knew what to expect out of him. He's currently 25th in points with top 5s at Talladega and Auto Club. He will be sponsored by Aspentech for 3 races this season.
    22AspenTech1.png

Next we have the third scheme for Salt Lake Racing's #4 Toyota. Dylan Vaughan is having an incredible season in his rookie campaign, already scoring 7 top 5s and 9 top 10s in just 14 races. He sits 3rd in points and all he needs to do now if stay consistent, and hopefully find victory lane. He's currently led the 2nd most laps at 265, just 18 laps behind the points leader. Mednax Health Solutions will be on the truck for 3 races this year.
    4Mednax1.jpg

Here we have the third of four schemes for the #17 Chevy of Drake Malcom. He's having a quiet, very consistent year so far. He has 3 top 5s with 6 top 10s but sits 5th in points with a 14.29 average finish. He secures sponsorship from Yelp for 3 races this year.
    17Yelp1.jpg

Normally I wouldn't post this one yet since I just did it today, but I'm pretty excited about it haha. This is the 4th and final scheme Drake Malcom in the #17 will run this year. He's worked out a deal with Spotify, who sponsors his teammate Trent Carver in Cup. Spotify will be on the truck for 1 race this year and it will be promoting the new album from Shinedown - Attention Attention. This one was super fun to make as I hardly ever make band schemes, but thought this came out really well. Also, I definitely recommend you give the album a listen!
    17ShinedownSpotify1.jpg

Stay tuned!

15. BrendonH12

Nice work! I have absolutely no idea who Shinedown is, but the truck looks awesome! ;)

burtonbraves likes this.
  16. Saan Anguish

You've been banished. Lol

Also, great schemes man! Love the band scheme, and I wanted to point out that your mednax scheme made me think of Mckesson, as it has the same colors and could fit that scheme as well lol. Great stuff!

17. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I really don't know how the painting gods shinedown on you so consistently, but can uhaul them over to me so I can get some ideas going again?

Tetronix, BrendonH12 and burtonbraves like this.
  18. burtonbraves

They rock the socks. Thanks guys! @Saan Anguish I totally see that haha. Would be easy to swap out logos haha

I dunno what to think of this, but impressive, so as a rebuttal I'll just post some more schemes :p

First we have the second part time entry for former Cup team Keystone Motorsports. Dean Warren is a 38 year old from Lancaster, PA, and has been around the block a few times. He's had over 200 starts in the Truck series over the years with numerous wins and great success. He hasn't made a truck start in nearly 7 years though, and is super excited to get back behind the wheel. Right now he only has 6 races scheduled, as he is actively helping and supporting his daughter Sydney, who races in the Rheem Pro Series. His longtime sponsor JLG Lift Equipment will be on board for these 6 races in the #73 Ford as he looks to get back to his successful ways and help this new truck team continue to run races and compete.
    73JLG1.png

Next we have the third scheme for the #21 of Jack Dunstan. He's had a pretty solid season thus far, sitting 15th in points at the moment. He will be sponsored by YRC Freight in 3 races this year.
    21YRCFreight1.jpg

Here we have the third and final scheme the #56 Chevy of Pete Trachsel will run this year. Smith Transport will hop on board for 3 races this season.
    56SmithTransport1.png

Next is the fourth scheme the #29 of Matt Peterson will run this year. Acceleron Seed Solutions will be on this truck in 2 races this year. Peterson is fresh off his win at South Boston, and is hoping this underdog victory will shift his momentum and carry him through the season.
    29Acceleron1.png

And lastly for now we have the #7 Ford of Tyler Cowan. He hasn't had a very good start to the year at all, but isn't too worried as he's still having fun. Sandvik Coromant will be back on the truck for 2 races this season, using the same scheme from 2017.
    7Sandvik1.png

19. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

You're dead to me.

Tetronix, burtonbraves and BrendonH12 like this.
  20. BrendonH12

So I’ve been told...:rolleyes:

burtonbraves likes this.