1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

ND Racing Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by nascarfan9, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

Wow, I've never seen that car before. It transfers to a gen6 body nicely though.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  2. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

Good stuff in here, Nick. Enjoying that Sirius car. ;)

Count me as the third person with Hershey’s as a sponsor. That was during my BGN stint with RCR though.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  3. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 SRD's Resident Future Meteorologist

It's a mystery why this is considered a WIP, but Oreo is apparently going to have a mystery flavor promotion, so naturally, I had to adapt the primary Oreo scheme for the mystery flavor. When is the promotion? Where will this car hit the track? Will it even run? It's all a mystery....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Tetronix likes this.
  4. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Nice work! My only critique on that car is to continue the darker blue down to the grille, and maybe add the Oreo logo somewhere on the hood and/or the side, so everyone would know who's promotion it is.

Other than that, keep up the great content!

nascarfan9 likes this.
  5. nascarfan9

As it stands right now, this car is mostly sarcasm.

Once Oreo finally hits the shelves with this promotion, I'll probably update it similarly to the Pumpkin Spice scheme posted in the Texas scheme post. Not entirely sure yet. Like I said, what I do with this one is all a mystery for now... ;)

Tetronix likes this.
  6. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Ahhhh I see. Cheeky concepts. :p

7. nascarfan9

Next up we have a pair of new schemes, one starting at Martinsville, the other will run at Richmond.

For starters, those Mystery Oreos are out in stores now, so I finished the scheme teased last week. Looks a bit different now, and better than before IMO. This Mystery Oreo scheme will run from now until November, starting at Martinsville, then at Richmond, Kansas and ending at the end of November (when the guess the flavor contest ends) at Rimouski (Riki) Superspeedway. If only I didn't have other sponsors scheduled for the other half dozen races or so, this would have got more than four events. Oh well.
    [​IMG]

Valvoline NextGen will be on the #85 for the Richmond race, because my "NASCAR Green" week is in October.... Ignore the blue shark fin piece, that has been corrected for the actual car...
    [​IMG]

burtonbraves, pomcat and NascarMan32 like this.
  8. nascarfan9

Talladega is coming up, and it's also sports ball season, and seeing how one of my team's drivers is a die-hard Alabama sports ball fan, he'll be running a recreation of Scott Pruett's Roll Tide Ride from the Fall 2000 Talladega race.
    [​IMG]

MWick4 likes this.
  9. nascarfan9

Hopefully this car won't bring out a mello yello and will have a shot to win. First of four races, starting at Richmond, then Kansas, New Hampshire, and Mosport.
    [​IMG]

burtonbraves and marcofaria17 like this.
  10. nascarfan9

Decided to do a cross-promotion for Mystery Oreo and Publix (since some of the races during the Mystery Oreo promotion were already assigned to Publix). Rather simple merger between the two, and probably the best idea that I had for it, honestly.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    marcofaria17 and burtonbraves like this.
  11. nascarfan9

Get lost in a...
    [​IMG]
    Because it's all about the cup...

And here's a teaser to the next schemes coming up next Tuesday....
    spooky.jpg

12. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

I think all of these looks really good. I have one piece of advice that I think would help the schemes pop more. I think you should add another outline (Either the first or second, depends on the scheme and color combos) on the numbers that contrasts the other two colors. This would make the number stand out more.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  13. nascarfan9

I'll give that a try. Thanks. I reckon you're referring to the ones that use just two colors, specifically?

14. nascarfan9

Things are getting rather spooky in this thread.... Happy Halloween everyone!
    Hershey's Candy Corn will run at Talladega
    [​IMG]
    And the Reese's Pumpkin car at Kansas
    [​IMG]

15. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

Yup, it would give it more definition, especially when the 2 colors that are part of the number are also part of the main scheme.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  16. j.j_yeley

j.j_yeley Active Member

Loving those Halloween schemes!

nascarfan9 likes this.
  17. nascarfan9

It has occurred to me that it's All-Star Week time, so all four team cars will be running special schemes.
    One of JBL's new subwoofers adorns the #28 of Ben Maloch. Maloch won at Martinsville and Michigan last season to gain entry into the Corvega All-Star Race.
    [​IMG]

On the #85, is DiveMaster Internships, Cozumel, where driver Joshua Wilkinson actually got his divemaster certification in real life. The scheme is basically an adaptation of the stingray in the logo. Wilkinson hasn't won in three seasons, and as of this post (the actual season is a bit behind, for now), he will have to race his way in via the Corvega Showdown
    [​IMG]

Trent Varner will attempt to qualify for his second All-Star race via the Showdown, in a Publix sponsored car, that is simply a reverse of the normal scheme (and may become the primary at some point down the road, because I kinda like the way this looks.
    [​IMG]

Last, but not least, is last season's Daytona 500 winner, Nick Dilbeck, behind the wheel of the #92 Reese's Stuffed with Pieces Big Cup Fusion. This literal fusion of two candies will also hit the track at Indianapolis and for the return trip to Charlotte during the Playoffs. Let's hope this car doesn't end up in pieces...
    [​IMG]

marcofaria17 and burtonbraves like this.
  18. nascarfan9

With Hershey's releasing their first new candy bar in nearly 20 years, I figured I'd whip up a new scheme for it. If you don't know, it's a bar featuring their creme in caramelized form, with bits of pretzel and peanuts for a salty/sweet combination. It debuts December 1, and the scheme will run in my league's December 3 Pocono date.
    [​IMG]

marcofaria17 likes this.
  19. Darrell Pace

Darrell Pace Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!

Really nice work! I like the Reeses Halloween car the best!

nascarfan9 likes this.
  20. nascarfan9

Thanks! Christmas schemes will be out in a couple weeks!

Darrell Pace likes this.