1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

ND Racing Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by nascarfan9, Sep 26, 2017.

1. MWick4

MWick4 How is this a fair race? My crew chief is a Morty.

That 92 reminds me how much I miss the Reese’s cars

nascarfan9 likes this.
  2. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 SRD's Resident Future Meteorologist

With Veteran's Day coming up, here's the Charlotte cars.
    The #28 is honoring driver Ben Maloch's grandfather, PFC Wall, who served in the Korean War.
    [​IMG]

For the rest of the cars, the service memeber (to my knowledge) has no relation to the driver, other than sharing a last name. All served during the Vietnam War, and are memorized on the Vietnam War Memorial.

On the #85, is SP4 James Wilkinson from the 25th Infantry Division.
    [​IMG]

On the #89, is Marine Corps CPL Thomas Varner
    [​IMG]

On the #92, is PFC Lonnie Dilbeck of the 9th Infantry Division.
    [​IMG]

3. nascarfan9

The Sperry Racing Shoe hits the track at New Hampshire, and again at the Glen. Wilkinson is going to run down the leaders and kick their butts in this ride, so long as he's not tied up in lapped traffic. If that's the case, it'll be a sperry good day...
    (Yes, I know the bumper doesn't line up on the back. It's a render... it'll match on the real car....)
    [​IMG]

burtonbraves, pomcat and marcofaria17 like this.
  4. nascarfan9

So after watching a speed paint video on @crazyboy335's YouTube page, I noticed this simple outlining thing he did around some of the logos. Having used paint.net most of my painting career for years now, I knew there was no true way of doing this, so that it still looked good. SO, I asked how to do it, and got a response telling me how, using GIMP, which I'm still only just learning my way around. So first of all, I wanted to say thanks, because I've learned something new that'll hopefully make future schemes a bit "better." I also decided to try it with the one scheme I've got in this thread that has bothered me the most, and that's the #85 Divemaster Allstar car, where I reversed the black and white in the logo for the hood.

So here's the before:
    [​IMG]

And the after:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

5. nascarfan9

P&G will run on the #28 at Kentucky. Car features P&G's brands on the rear quarter panels and the trunk lid. This is one of the first schemes I've made since @Ben Althen posted his advise on the numbers...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  6. nascarfan9

"Give me a kiss to build a dream on, And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss..."
    The Hershey Kisses scheme will run the final regular season race at Rimouski (Riki) Superspeedway at the end of February.
    [​IMG]

7. nascarfan9

Here's a few teasers for the next big release coming this week... Any guesses?

28tease.png 89tease.png 92Tease.png 85tease.png

BrendonH12 likes this.
  8. nascarfan9

It's time for the Darlington Retros. These were probably the most fun and challenging to make and recreate, particularly the Cup cars, especially having to create logos myself to get "the look" I wanted. The only thing I didn't even think about was the number fonts (except the Nuka-Cola cars)... Oh well I guess.... Let me know what you all think! These are in the order of my personal favorites, by series, with my two favorites for last, so without further delay:

Starting with the Nuka-Cola Series:
    Mark Luft's car takes us back not all that long ago to the initial opening of sponsor Full - Lunch and Late Night. The sponsor logo uses the restaurant's original logo, and a simplified scheme that mimics cars you'd probably see during the 80's and 90's.
    [​IMG]

Nathan Carroll's scheme throws back to a parallel universe - in fact, it's a scheme he designed for use in his own offline career from the early 2000's, and I recreated here. So in a way, our own personal leagues/career's what have you, cross paths with this scheme.
    [​IMG]

And now for the Corvega Cup Series schemes:
    The #92 styled after the vintage Hershey wrappers that were released a couple years back, and I felt they would serve as the basis for a nice retro scheme.
    [​IMG]

The #89 is throwing it back to a scheme Robby Gordon ran in the 1991 Daytona 500 for Junie Donlavey.
    [​IMG]

For the #85, we're throwing it back to the Zerex days, not to the Kulwicki schemes, but to the Johnny Benson Zerex scheme from 2002.
    [​IMG]

Last, but certainly not least, I don't think there needs to be an introduction to this scheme, probably one of the most recognizable schemes in NASCAR history.
    [​IMG]

marcofaria17 and BrendonH12 like this.