1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

New 2019 Camaro Facelift

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by RacerXero84, Apr 9, 2018.

1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Per Jelopnik:
    djtrdgf8essu2zhrwtps.png felroy0kf5sijtnh0zci.png kj0m6blz9wx1jbkh1oi1 (1).png snwp0ndvsidiwhb0ae8p.png

SOURCE

Personally, don't like the facelift at all, makes me think of a Honda Civic Type R cross bred with a 2018 Dodge Charger SXT and it got all the worst traits of both.

The big thing is going to be how this translates (and when) to the Xfinity and Cup Camaro's, their respective bodies, and how this new design will play into the upcoming (2020-ish?) Gen 7 body.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh, something new, I'll give it that. Other than that I think it looks ok, not great, but again, it's something new. Kinda got tired of the current Camaro design honestly.

3. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

So that's why Bumblebee's vehicle mode in Transformers: The Last Jedi Knight looked idiotic... Chevy as it turns out was doing a change to the Camaro and Michael Bay wanted it in his movie......

4. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Yeah I thought that was just some kinda Camaro prototype or some gimmick of Michael Bay.... I really hate that I was wrong there, this car makes my eye twitch.
    At least THAT version looked interesting.... this version is underwhelming at best.

For comparison:
    bumblebee-chevrolet-camaro-from-transformers-the-last-knight_100555510_m.jpg

5. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Too much grille and the headlights are too small. Taillights I like, but that's pretty much all. At least I'll be able to fully identify that the Camaro driving down my city's main street is a 2019 one. :rolleyes:

MrDude68 likes this.
  6. Chevellion

Chevellion SRD Cup League Director

Looks like they're trying to align some visual cues with the current-gen Malibu. Too bad the Malibu looks like ass.

USSTalladega and RacerXero84 like this.
  7. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I'm not sold on this just yet. I'll have to see one in person, but I'm honestly not the biggest fan right now. The RS trim doesn't seem too bad.

8. DOBBS

DOBBS Tim Dolbin Veteran Painter Paint Crew

ZL1 for 2019 isn't changing much. Just rear end changes.
    2019-chevy-camaro-lineup-spied.jpg

9. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Thank goodness for that. If it's only the SS that does the grille that way, I think it'll be alright. Even if the ZL1 adapted the headlight changes, it would still be alright.

10. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

That SS nose is FUGLY.

frow78 likes this.
  11. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

I kinda like this new one more imo, but I don't like the Camaro on a cup series car anyway.