1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

New contingency policy rollout

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by JNieder51188, Dec 4, 2017.

1. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Yeah, let me clarify... I don't have any problem with the phase out of the decals themselves. What I am worried about is what they will do with the extra space. I don't want to see the positioning of the number change.

labontefanboy and Virox6549 like this.
  2. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about too.

3. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Ok, this is a head scratcher to me. It's ok with me if they do like Furniture Row and phase out a lot of the contigs. Frankly, you don't really know what the contig award is for most of the time. Number placement is a totally different animal. As long as I've known it to be they have been on the door area, I might be wrong, if so feel free to correct me. It's what makes stock car racing stand out from other forms of racing. *shrug*

USSTalladega and GDP Racing like this.
  4. GDP Racing

GDP Racing Driver of the #51 Electronic Arts Dodge Charger

Honestly, this is my biggest fear.

USSTalladega and Virox6549 like this.
  5. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Gotcha. 100% agree with you here. Looked up an article from when they first started allowing K&N teams to move the number and the quote was that "A NASCAR spokesperson said there were no current plans to adopt a similar vehicle paint scheme option in NASCAR's national series." Let's hope it stays that way.

BrendonH12 and MrDude68 like this.
  6. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Presenting the future:
    [​IMG]
    Cars 3 wasn't a movie, it was a warning of the future.

7. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I remember the same outrage when the green American Ethanol fuel inlet first made it's appearance

8. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

As well as the names on the windshield.

GDP Racing and nascarfan9 like this.
  9. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

10. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

The movie, predicted, the future.

11. wslates

wslates 1

Exactly what I was thinking. Holy shit were people outraged by that, all saying it was going to ruin scheme, etc. I don't even notice it anymore.

GDP Racing and starscream24 like this.
  12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

eh Nascar is gunna do what its gunna do. Curious to see what the cars will look like, hopefully pictures in a month or so from now.

13. MWick4

MWick4 How is this a fair race? My crew chief is a Morty.

I don’t mind if they end up doing what the 77 did a majority of the year.. as long as we don’t end up with this shit
    [​IMG]
    ... although I prefer NASCAR stop making these ridiculous changes

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Dilly Dilly

I don't know anything about why it's gone, but the program was started to help the teams financially. I'm assuming this will be just for cup.

But, basically, the program awards and/or gifts money to teams who carry the decals. The highest performer of their category is awarded extra. It's a contingency for sponsorless teams. Who doesn't have a sponsor anymore? There's no need for the program anymore.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  15. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I have always liked how the clean the cars look without the contingency stickers. Although I do understand the contingency program, support, and wishes it would stay as is. I think this is kind of a dumb idea. I have also heard that removing the contingency stickers would allow the teams to sell space for sponsorship. Which I don't really see happening since some of these teams are having trouble selling sponsorship on the space that they have now on the cars. I also like having the sponsor logo on the door with the number on the rear quarter. Only if it is a test car. Lol. I know with the test cars sometimes the teams will put the sponsor logo on the door. Although mostly is was way back when. I think it's unique and something different. However when it comes to their regular painted race cars I think the number and sponsor logos should stay where they are now.

16. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I will have to wait and see what the program is like and what the cars look like before making any judgment on this.... just give them a chance

canadienhits likes this.
  17. wslates

wslates 1

Thing about this picture is...it still has contingencies. So NASCAR could do this anytime they please. Maybe we should wait and see what comes of this.

[not pointing you out in any way, just using the picture as a discussion point]

starscream24 likes this.
  18. MWick4

MWick4 How is this a fair race? My crew chief is a Morty.

Well the point wasn’t really that it had contigs. The point was that removing them makes it easier for nascar to do something like this and it looks fucking hideous.

19. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

I like the contigs. I've always thought it's am important part of the aesthetic do a stock car

GDP Racing likes this.