1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

New guy, new questions

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by basicstencer, Dec 30, 2018.

1. basicstencer

basicstencer New Member

Hey guys.

Back in the game after 15 years away. Found my old disc and it got my wheels spinning and here I am, god knows how many mods I've downloaded.

Here's my question. Downloaded LMPV2, love it so far. The gauges though.. the gauges are unreadable. I don't have this issue with any other mod beyond this one. Is this a common problem with the mod or am I missing something? And if it's something I can fix, let me know what way to go to fix it.

Thanks!

2. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Hey Bud, it sounds like you need to watch this. I would also strongly advise you to search the forums and google before asking questions here. It's not that we don't want to help you, it's just that your question has a 95% chance of being asked and answered already. Hope this helps.

3. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I tried the changes suggested in the video and it made my graphics blurry. Had to go back to the originals. I did not try the graphic card setting. Getting a nice picture and good framerates now and afraid of messing that up and having to start over.

4. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

You didn’t follow the instructions right. The video card tweaks are the most important. Be sure you use the right values for your video card. 1GB = 1024MB.

5. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I may have made mistake changing files in the NASCAR folder. It was hard for me to get the information from the video. A copy of what the folders should look like would be easier. The tweaks shown for the video card did not match up with what I was looking at on my card. May need to get my computer skill level up and try later.

6. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

I hope you get this sorted and racing!

7. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I saved everything before I made any changes so I was able to go back to what I had. I am really enjoying this Sim again after ten years. So many new Mods and tracks.
    I really appreciate all the work people have done. Thank you.

ThatOneShredder and Reza Maulana like this.
  8. basicstencer

basicstencer New Member

I tried the graphics changes and it didn't fix it. I ended up using some custom gauges that ended up clearing it up. I suppose they could just be blurry gauges in the mod. Either way, thanks for the help!

9. Donald Jacobs

Donald Jacobs Member

I gave The Graphics video another try. Followed It exactly and double checked. On the video card settings, GeForce 1060, on the Antialiasing Setting 8x is high as mine goes. Probably no big deal. Some Mods and tracks look better now. Some look worse. Original tracks and game look worse. There are so many mods and tracks I can get all the racing I want on ones that look good. Have done some searching on this forum about Graphics and video. Some of it seems very complicated and over my head. Splash and Go stuff is amazing. Thanks to the guys that put so much work into that.