1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

New Member Introduction - OG Rising from the Dead

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Slipster17, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Slipster17

Slipster17 Active Member

Hey everyone!
    I stumbled in here while searching for a graphic to finishing painting a car for my 2 year old (Been watching Cars 3 ad-nausium for a month now) and I thought, ya know - life is pretty stable right now and I should really get back into some of the graphic hobbies I enjoyed so much years ago.

So, I'd like to formally re/introduce myself: name is Slip and I'm old, lol. I was in middle school and painting cars for the original Papyrus version of these games back when we still only had a 256 color palette to work with. Nascar Racing, 2, 3, 2002, 2003.... I raced, I designed and eventually got to working with amazing crew over at SBR (Summers Bros. Racing for those not familiar). I was a member of that team throughout college and sparsely thereafter before life took over as it has a way of doing and I fell away from the sim community.

Now, after a decade+, a handful of moves between 3 states, marriage, several jobs and 2 kiddos later - here I am ready to dive back in to a pastime I used to love so much. I have a huuuuuge collection of old files, templates, graphics, you name it and am more than happy to share knowledge and experience while looking forward to creating new works.

I'm sure a lot has changed in the landscape since I've been gone - anyone up for giving me a breakdown of anything I should know? I still have 2003 installed, no car mods, my trusty Photoshop CS3 painting engine and an antiquated viewer (for judging paint progress outside of the game) - I used to have a spat of rendering files for 3DS Max, but those are lost to time somewhere I fear. Where should I go from here?

MattyO, dalejr88rox and Tetronix like this.
  2. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Slippy?
    [​IMG]

The default location to find a lot of the community's projects now is http://nr2k3.weebly.com. I would suggest checking that out first. Then go visit @Mystical's website, http://racing.armorydigital.net. There's a lot more to speak of, but that's where I would start (plus I'm about to head out to work lol).

Welcome back man.

dalejr88rox and Slipster17 like this.
  3. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Wow, welcome back!