Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Newest patch

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
Silly question but I am a gaming PC newbie and just got nr2003 yesterday for the first time ever. I downloaded the patch but how do I install it? Remember PC rookie here go easy

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
The patch installs in your Nascar Racing 2003 folder than run the exe.
Installation order.
http://www.simracingdesign.com/threads/nr2003-mod-installation-order.25852/

Bergie
Thanks. That's a lot of work for a rookie lol I will try to get at it tomorrow night before work. I work nights so finding time during the week to do this is tricky when you have a family.

Do I run all the downloads? Will it automatically load to the nr2003 folder? Do I have to replace the original nr2003 exe with the patch exe?

Sorry for all the questions

debergin

SRD Member
Reaction score
Understand fully.
You don't have to install everything at once, Install NR2003 than the 1201 patch, at this point see if it works. Run the game the nr config will run this sets your graphics up. If you have a wheel, which is the best way to go, it will have to be setup when you first go into start NR2003
The 1201 patch you have to download it into your NR2003 folder than run the exe, if it doesn't have a self extractor than double click on it and let it run.it will take a few mins.
The patch will overwrite the original exe. You don't have to delete anything.
You can run the game at that point with just the cup mod, you don't need all the other mods.
Do one step at a time and if something goes wrong you should know what caused it.
I would download all the pwf mods into a folder the downloads folder or make a folder separate from Papyrus NR2003 a place to store everything.
When you get to step 10 of installation process, try it and see if all works.
Good Luck many have been here before!

Bergie

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
So I found the patch I downloaded in the nr2003 folder. I double clicked it and it ran. I improved the graphics both in the core file and in my nvidia card settings. I ran some test laps at Vegas ran good, looked good. Downloaded from SBR the car list from 2015 just cuz it has all the cars in one grouping, installed it into the series folder under "cars" unzipped it and the file showed up right under "cup" so I assume that installed fine. Didn't get to test though ran out of time had to head to work. If the car list I put it works tomorrow night when I log in then maybe just maybe I may getting a hold of this. Thanks for your help!

Benjamin Fruth

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Sounds fishy. I think the cars you downloaded from SBR might be for the the Bullring's 2015 Gen6 mod rather than the original cup mod that comes with the game.
Also your wording on where the cars were installed confused me and sounded off so let me explain that the cars folder always goes in to the mod's folder. For example, folder progression goes like this: NASCAR Racing 2003 Season>series>mod (cup, for example)>cars, with all of your car files (car files end in ".car") being in the cars folder.

Once you get the basics down, it's pretty simple. Here's some more tutorials that could help looking over:
http://nr2k3.weebly.com/tutorial.html

If your computer can handle it, making NR2003 run as pretty as possible:

If you use a wheel/pedal set, some settings to try

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
The graphics tutorial you posted is what I used to tweak the graphics so at least I did that right. The cars on the other hand I think your right. It is the bullring gen 6. I also did most of the car download right. Except I never opened the car folder that's where I goofed. I went nr2003-series-mod- cup- but never opened the car files. So I have some more work to do yet. I will try again tonight.

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
OK I figured it out. What I was downloading to start was just the newer cars. They showed up in game but the paint was all over the place on them so I knew something was wrong so I deleted it. I realized I needed the entire mod and not just the cars for things to work right. I found the Bullring Sprint cup Mod from 2012 and installed that and it worked. I can now race with the 2012 cars and roster. I couldn't find an entire mod for anything newer than 2012 though, all I could find was car lists from 2015 and 2016 but no series mod for them. Is there somewhere else to find that? Will the new cars work with the 2012 mod? Or do I need a different mod for those cars and rosters?

debergin

SRD Member
Reaction score
I ran some test laps at Vegas ran good, looked good. Downloaded from SBR the car list from 2015 just cuz it has all the cars in one grouping, installed it into the series folder underright under "cup" so I assume that installed fine. Didn't get to test though ran out of time had to head to work. If the car list I put it works tomorrow night when I log in then maybe just maybe I may getting a hold of this. Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]
So I found the patch I downloaded in the nr2003 folder. I double clicked it and it ran. I improved the graphics both in the core file and in my nvidia card settings. I ran some test laps at Vegas ran good, looked good. Downloaded from SBR the car list from 2015 just cuz it has all the cars in one grouping, installed it into the series folder under "cars" unzipped it and the file showed up right under "cup" so I assume that installed fine. Didn't get to test though ran out of time had to head to work. If the car list I put it works tomorrow night when I log in then maybe just maybe I may getting a hold of this. Thanks for your help!
You jump ahead! I left you for a day ! Lol you need to install the PWF mods next. There are so many mods now you have to know what car/ truck you are installing into there proper folders
Bergie

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
I ran some test laps at Vegas ran good, looked good. Downloaded from SBR the car list from 2015 just cuz it has all the cars in one grouping, installed it into the series folder underright under "cup" so I assume that installed fine. Didn't get to test though ran out of time had to head to work. If the car list I put it works tomorrow night when I log in then maybe just maybe I may getting a hold of this. Thanks for your help!

You jump ahead! I left you for a day ! Lol you need to install the PWF mods next. There are so many mods now you have to know what car/ truck you are installing into there proper folders
Bergie[/QUOTE]
I looked for the 2015 mod and don't see it. I see the list on the link above for all the 2015 cars but not the cup mod. Also where do I get the pwf mode from? What is pwf? And where to I install them? Sorry tons of questions.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
I looked for the 2015 mod and don't see it. I see the list on the link above for all the 2015 cars but not the cup mod. Also where do I get the pwf mode from? What is pwf? And where to I install them? Sorry tons of questions.
Its the very first link.

The PWF mods can all be got here. http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafx/wpdm-archive/

And they are exes so just click on them and make sure they are pointing to the correct install path for your game.

My question to you is did you install the game to the default path or to c:/games? From Vista on up its best to install all games to that folder instead of the default Program Files so you don't run into odd issues while playing.

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have windows 7 the game is installed on my Ç drive. So far I haven't had any gameplay glitches other than messed up paint on the newer cars when I didn't have them installed right.

I still don't see where to get the 2015 mod. I see the list, but in the 2012 one I got last night it actually says.... Br12 cup mod.

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have windows 7 the game is installed on my Ç drive. So far I haven't had any gameplay glitches other than messed up paint on the newer cars when I didn't have them installed right.

I still don't see where to get the 2015 mod. I see the list, but in the 2012 one I got last night it actually says.... Br12 cup mod.
It's the very top download called "2015-BullRing Generation-6 Download "

Sage

Cranky Old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Big D Online Motorsports doesn't allow hotlinking so that's why that image pops up when you click on 4WideRacing's link.
But the download link is were he says...
http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/Sprintcupseries.html
2015-Bullring Generation-6 Download. The download link is the lighter blue text above the darker blue 'Description: Full Install 100mb-zip (Main Download)'. Just click on it and a window should pop-up with the 'Gen6BR15' designation.

And just to clarify what everyone here knows but doesn't always explain...PWF stands for Project Wildfire. These were the folks that created and released the very 1st mods for NR2003 (with Papyrus's permission) that included the CTS (Craftsman Truck Series), IROC (International Race of Champions), GNS (Grand National Series), PTA (Trans-Am ~ don't really know what the 'P' stood for) mods and an updated CUP mod, as well newer damage models.

Last edited:

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Big D Online Motorsports doesn't allow hotlinking so that's why that image pops up when you click on 4WideRacing's link.
I didn't even post a link, just copied and pasted the title and it reacted like a link lol

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll try to download again tonight. Along with the pwf mods. I think where it messed up last time was instead of extracting it to the series I tried to drag it over the the nr2003 folder I already had opened and for whatever reason it didn't work as planned. Where do I install the pwf mods? Is that in series too or just the papyrus folder?

Demonspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
I finally got it! I'm now up to 2015. I learned I downloaded the right link, just put it in the wrong spot in the wrong fashion. Thanks for everyone's help! This rookie appreciates it. Just need to know where to install the pwf mods?

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
I finally got it! I'm now up to 2015. I learned I downloaded the right link, just put it in the wrong spot in the wrong fashion. Thanks for everyone's help! This rookie appreciates it. Just need to know where to install the pwf mods?
The series folder