42 - Clover Camaro - DOV1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NFF 2020 IndyCar Mod has been released.

J.R.Franklin

SRD Member
Reaction score
This mod is a beautiful work of art! The car models are just so sleek looking and awesome! They resemble fighter jets. Kudos to Brian Booth at NASCARFunFacts for creating a very nice IndyCar mod.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Will there be X files? Or is the viewer/renderer in the works will allow viewing of skins?

andy88

SRD Member
Reaction score
The templates and CarViewer X Files were released a couple weeks ago.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
The templates and CarViewer X Files were released a couple weeks ago.
Oh, my bad. I signed up today for the mod and got the template too, might you have a thread link for the Carviewer files?

andy88

SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh, my bad. I signed up today for the mod and got the template too, might you have a thread link for the Carviewer files?
Brian is working on an all new rendering system for the mod.

Last edited:

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Indy.png

Has anyone else had this and then a lot of lag and crashing before? I tested it with some other mods on this track and this is the only mod I've had a problem with.

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I swear these bodies are too detailed/poorly optimized for nr2003. I got poor framerates with last year's mod and this year's is no different. Can't even run a full field at Indy without crashing. Yet these two mods are the only ones I have this issue with. The first Indy mod Brian did performed just fine.

J.R.Franklin

SRD Member
Reaction score
I swear these bodies are too detailed/poorly optimized for nr2003. I got poor framerates with last year's mod and this year's is no different. Can't even run a full field at Indy without crashing. Yet these two mods are the only ones I have this issue with. The first Indy mod Brian did performed just fine.
Jack, I was on the beta testing crew and I had the exact same issue. The d3d8.dll file from the Dx9 update did the trick for me. I can now max out all of my graphics and the lowest frame rates I get are in the 40's and that's starting shotgun on a full field of cars (i.e. 26 with the IndyGP roster). Most of the time they above 100 FPS and maxing out at 144 during practice. Re-set my graphics options to 33 cars ahead, 10 in the mirror (probably can reduce that to 5 or so because you really can't see all the much in either of those 2 view mirrors anyway), 100% draw ahead and everything else maxed out.

I always stayed away from the Reshader stuff because I never liked most of the screen shots people posted with it. They always looked too colorized and fake. I also saw that many were having issues once they inserted that d3d8.dll file, so I just figured it wasn't worth the aggravation. But that d3d8.dll file on it's own is a game changer for NR2003 that I can see... at least with my old Windows 7 rig.

On some mods when you install the DX9 update, the cars become black. In order to resolve that, you must turn off all "Shadows on cars" in the graphics option menu. I understand that once you turn off "Shadows on cars" in the graphics options menu, you then hit save. Then go back and turn them back on again and the cars will no longer be black. It's just that you'll need to do this every time you load a track. It's a workaround to kind of solve that one issue, but that's one of the downsides to using the DX9 update.... or just run with "Shadows on cars" in the graphics option menu all unchecked.

carpemf

SRD Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the shadows but I cut car shadows off and it worked and looked better. Seemed to help with frame rate also.

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Jack, I was on the beta testing crew and I had the exact same issue. The d3d8.dll file from the Dx9 update did the trick for me. I can now max out all of my graphics and the lowest frame rates I get are in the 40's and that's starting shotgun on a full field of cars (i.e. 26 with the IndyGP roster). Most of the time they above 100 FPS and maxing out at 144 during practice. Re-set my graphics options to 33 cars ahead, 10 in the mirror (probably can reduce that to 5 or so because you really can't see all the much in either of those 2 view mirrors anyway), 100% draw ahead and everything else maxed out.

I always stayed away from the Reshader stuff because I never liked most of the screen shots people posted with it. They always looked too colorized and fake. I also saw that many were having issues once they inserted that d3d8.dll file, so I just figured it wasn't worth the aggravation. But that d3d8.dll file on it's own is a game changer for NR2003 that I can see... at least with my old Windows 7 rig.

On some mods when you install the DX9 update, the cars become black. In order to resolve that, you must turn off all "Shadows on cars" in the graphics option menu. I understand that once you turn off "Shadows on cars" in the graphics options menu, you then hit save. Then go back and turn them back on again and the cars will no longer be black. It's just that you'll need to do this every time you load a track. It's a workaround to kind of solve that one issue, but that's one of the downsides to using the DX9 update.... or just run with "Shadows on cars" in the graphics option menu all unchecked.
How do you install it? I tried to drop it in the NR2003 folder and it just crashed the game before the main screen.

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work. My only wish now would be to get a late 90's/early 2000's CART mod for NR2003.
There is the OWR mod and a guy on Stunod pumping out paints for it.
Covers the era you mention