1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NFL Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by DanAsher26, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Happy Retirement, Dale Jr!

NFL Suspends JuJu Smith-Schuster, George Iloka One Game Each For Big Hits (Credit to ESPN):
    Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cincinnati Bengals safety George Iloka were each suspended one game for hits in Monday night's game, the NFL announced Tuesday. Both players will appeal the suspension, sources told ESPN.

Smith-Schuster was suspended for a vicious fourth-quarter block on Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who was in a defenseless posture, according to the NFL's ruling.

"The contact you made with your opponent placed the opposing player at risk of serious injury and could have been avoided," NFL vice president of football operations Jon Runyan said in issuing the suspension. "Your conduct following the hit fell far below the high standards of sportsmanship expected of an NFL player."

Ioka was suspended for a hit on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown in the end zone in the fourth quarter when Brown was deemed to be a defenseless receiver. Brown held on to the ball to score the eventual tying touchdown.

"The Competition Committee has clearly expressed its goal of 'eliminating flagrant hits that have no place in our game' and has encouraged the League office to suspend offenders for egregious violations such as the one you committed last night," Runyan said in his ruling.

Neither player was ejected from the game.

The suspensions bring the total to three from on-field actions in Week 13. On Monday, New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski was suspended one game for a late hit on the Buffalo Bills' Tre'Davious White.

With 7:10 remaining in Pittsburgh's eventual 23-20 victory over the Bengals, Smith-Schuster leveled Burfict as the linebacker pursued Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell on a 12-yard gain, then stood over Burfict as he lay motionless.

Smith-Schuster told reporters he "messed up" with the taunting, because he cost his team 15 yards.

"I was just playing to the whistle," Smith-Schuster said. "I didn't mean to stand over him. I was trying to get a big block for Le'Veon Bell for him to get upfield. The unsportsmanlike conduct is not me. I shouldn't have done that. I hope he's OK and I hope he gets better."

He also apologized in a postgame tweet.

JuJu Smith-Schuster ✔ @TeamJuJu
    Want to say prayers up for my dog Ryan Shazier man we all praying for you God has a plan

JuJu Smith-Schuster ✔ @TeamJuJu

I don’t have any intentions to hurt anyone when I play football. I didn’t mean to hurt Vontez Burfict, I just wanted to throw a block for my teammate. I apologize for standing over him and that isn’t me. Praying he gets better.

After the game, Brown yelled "karma" repeatedly, then said "Touchdown Brown" will pay Smith-Schuster's eventual fine.

Asked if that comment was related to Burfict, Brown said, "I ain't talking about nobody. Karma is karma. Karma is in life. You do the wrong things, you get the wrong things out of it."

The game was also reminiscent of a 2015 wild-card playoff game between the teams thanks to the high number of penalties. The Bengals set a franchise record with 13 penalties for 173 yards. The two teams have combined for 1,088 penalty yards in their matchups against each other, including playoffs, since the 2015 season. Their 32 major penalties, such as unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct, in the same time span is nearly twice as many as any other matchup in the same period.

SOURCE: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rge-iloka-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-1-game

2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Think I'm gunna go for the Saints tomorrow. I like both teams but Saints are doing pretty good this season and they are the away team.

3. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Man every team I start to root for has fallen apart. Typically I'm a fan of the Cowboys and Bengals, and weve seen how that's gone. I've been rooting for the Chiefs and they've fallen apart. I'm scared to start rooting for another team

4. nj9703

nj9703 Non sibi sed patriae

Say it.... “Go Seahawks”

Junebugrocks88 and MrDude68 like this.
  5. dalejr88rox

...I like the Seahawks

6. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #ThankYouKenseth

7. dalejr88rox

Noh. The Bengals fan in me won't let me do it ironically

BrendonH12 likes this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Flllllyyyyy Seahawks Flllllyyyy, on the road to victory!

.... wait a minute

9. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Please start rooting for the Eagles cause if I hear another person say "Wentzyllvania" I might just kill myself.

10. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I'm with this guy.

11. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Am I the only one that thinks he should root for the Browns to see what happens? Lol.

12. dalejr88rox

Don't inflict even more pain on Cleveland

Saan Anguish likes this.
  13. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 "AWWW NOODLES!"

At least we're still fighting for a #1 seed

14. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Breaking news. The Giants SUCK! Ok, well it's not breaking news. Lol.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  15. dalejr88rox

Aaaaaaah the Browns are so close to going 0-16. The hype is real!

16. ShadowKnight508

Boy...what a snowy mess it was in Buffalo today for the Bills game against the Colts in one of the best snow games (in terms of snow) I have seen since the New England Patriots utterly destroyed the Titans in that big snow game 59-0 back in 2009. Check it out!

17. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

That's lake effect snow for ya. After experiencing it for eight years, I'm glad I left. lol

18. Cutch22

Cutch22 Learning the Ropes

Excited to see the ticker-tape parade if it does happen. Excedrin will be the title sponsor.

dalejr88rox likes this.
  19. dalejr88rox

I am legitimately excited. Let's give Cleveland something to celebrate for once

20. ShadowKnight508