1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NHL Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by Enter Sandman, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

Just what the title says. Y'all have fun now, ya hear?

2. Fisha695

Fisha695 Well-Known Member

Not really much to talk about for a week or so till the break is over.

3. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

My second favorite sport. I live in New York, but my favorite team is the Pittsburgh Penguins because of Mario Lemieux.

4. Enter Sandman

We've just been having so much hockey talk in the Random Thoughts thread. I never would've expected this much hockey talk during the Olympic break either. Hopefully the break allows the Rangers to right the ship without killing the momentum the Bruins managed to get going beforehand (my two teams).

That's one great thing about having the pros in the Olympics, we all still get to follow our favorite players on a different stage.

5. Shift

Shift Sim Racing Design Legend

Fan of the Dinged Wings! lol

6. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Diehard Hawks fan reporting for duty ^^^oooooooh:elvis:

7. Shift

Oh no...a Blackhawks fan...ugh....lol j/k moppenheimer.

8. Enter Sandman

Chicago has probably the best uniforms in the league, I'll give them that (especially those retro 3rd jerseys). Some kind of talented team as well.

9. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

We got lucky picking up Kane and Toews in the same year....but ill take luck anyday!

10. xEAGLEx

xEAGLEx Well-Known Member

Well I am excited for the season to continue. Mostly because I am a Hurricanes fan, and we are 9-2 in the last 11 games. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off and maybe can make a really late playoff run, considering the long losing streaks that teams in the Eastern Conference have been going on.

Every year it seems like we are horrible at the beginning but make a late run to barely sneak in. This year the Canes' just started off so poorly with all the major injuries, that it is a major longshot. We still have a few key guys out, including Cam Ward in the net.

I can still dream though, right?

11. Shift

can anybody fill me in on how Hossa is doing with the Hawks this year? Haven't really kept up with alot of the other teams...

12. JKB#7

JKB#7 Well-Known Member

i think my ducks are going to make a run to the playoffs again this year.

13. Enter Sandman

Just like when they were still in Hartford. Some things never change, though they did finally get a Cup after they moved. Hartford is such a lousy city they couldn't attract many free agents to play there.

14. Enter Sandman

17 goals and 17 assists in 37 games according to NHL.com. Must've had some kind of injury, haven't seen Chicago much this year to know though.

1 person likes this.
  15. xEAGLEx

After our incredible run in the playoffs last year, I thought we were going to be really good again this year, and possibly get another. But like I said, injuries killed us. I believe at one point we were 2-14. Ever since Staal was named Captain, the Canes' have been great.

Sadly, I am old enough to remember Hartford, (17) but I have only been watching hockey for a few years now.

16. Shift

I know he missed the beginning of the season...had surgery on something during the offseason...thanks for the info...he tanked in the playoffs for us (Detroit) last year.

17. xEAGLEx

Yeah, I believe he missed the first couple of months of the season due to some injury before the year even started.

18. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Since he came back he's been on fire

19. Shift

Thoughts on the Sharks and Heatley?

IMO they'll probably tank in the playoffs...just like they have done for the last few years...really hope they can break that curse though...unless they are playing Detroit!

20. Enter Sandman

Growing up I got a heavy dose of the Whalers from my father. He's got a couple of pucks and yearbooks from them still, going back to the days when Joel Quenneville was playing for them (another Blackhawks reference)

I actually still have this ratty old Whalers hat from when I was a kid that I dug out when the 'Canes won the Cup. I got some strange looks at work for that, but man it still felt good lol.