5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Non NR2003 Screenshot and Video Thread

aRKey Designs

SRD Member
Reaction score
Just found out about GP4 :)
I also installed GP4 again, but unfortunatly I am not able to mod it.

Everytime I try I fail miserably and the game keeps on crashing or doesn't work like it should (no new drivers, liveries - white cars or tracks). So I gave it up and ran it vanilla...makes still fun!

frow78

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I also installed GP4 again, but unfortunatly I am not able to mod it.

Everytime I try I fail miserably and the game keeps on crashing or doesn't work like it should (no new drivers, liveries - white cars or tracks). So I gave it up and ran it vanilla...makes still fun!
It was a long drawn out process for me too trying to get it to work. The steps i took were: 1. Download 3 files from here (http://www.gp4central.com/downloads/Grand Prix 4/) ((the .7z file that is 453mb is the same as the iso. the choice is yours but you dont need both)) 2. run the setup exe from the iso/.7z file 3. run the 9.6 patch exe. this updates the original gp4 exe application 4. drag the no-cd "GP4.exe" file found in the gp4 1.02 no-cd zip directly into the games installation folder, overwriting the original gp4.exe 5. DOWNLOAD ZAZ TOOLS from here (https://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?23,913188) this is essential to get mods to work 6. this video shows how to install mods nicely--> (
) - basically d/l the desired .cuh and .cmu files and use the CSM tool included in ZAZTools to install them to the game. I hope this works for you! The game is soo much better with mods.

aRKey Designs

SRD Member
Reaction score
It was a long drawn out process for me too trying to get it to work. The steps i took were: 1. Download 3 files from here (http://www.gp4central.com/downloads/Grand Prix 4/) ((the .7z file that is 453mb is the same as the iso. the choice is yours but you dont need both)) 2. run the setup exe from the iso/.7z file 3. run the 9.6 patch exe. this updates the original gp4 exe application 4. drag the no-cd "GP4.exe" file found in the gp4 1.02 no-cd zip directly into the games installation folder, overwriting the original gp4.exe 5. DOWNLOAD ZAZ TOOLS from here (https://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?23,913188) this is essential to get mods to work 6. this video shows how to install mods nicely--> (
) - basically d/l the desired .cuh and .cmu files and use the CSM tool included in ZAZTools to install them to the game. I hope this works for you! The game is soo much better with mods.
I know how it works in theory (had the original game with GPxMod, 9.6 patch and decrypted 1.02 installed), but every time I try a mod I fail (game crashes on startup, car liverys gone wild (for example had 3 teams with 2001jaguars, when I see them in mirror or see white cars only or there are no new drivers and/or no new tracks.

frow78

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I know how it works in theory (had the original game with GPxMod, 9.6 patch and decrypted 1.02 installed), but every time I try a mod I fail (game crashes on startup, car liverys gone wild (for example had 3 teams with 2001jaguars, when I see them in mirror or see white cars only or there are no new drivers and/or no new tracks.
Ah yes I had that problem too. All white cars with weird circle tire textures. The way I fixed it was go into the CSM mod configurables tab and set 'texture resolution' to standard. Or FROM standard to high, what's important is that you select whichever one was not auto-selected. After making that change everything just magically worked, most notable the textures showing properly and full screen resolution suddenly working.