1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Not So Favorite Drivers

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by WALZ, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Luckycrazykyle

Luckycrazykyle Member

Kyle Busch and the big bad Brad.

NascarGuy42 likes this.
  2. PenskeFan12

PenskeFan12 Well-Known Member

Juan Pablo Montoya: I Like JPM In Open Wheel But Nascar is Other Situation
    Jacques Villenueve:I loved as a young talent in Formula 1 , but from montreal bother me
    Sebastian Saavedra: Bad Driver
    Jennifer Jo Cobb: Is worst than danica
    Kyle Busch: I Hate Kyle Since 2005
    Robby Gordon: I like running in the raid but his attitude that I do not like
    John Wes Townley: Is Very Bad Driver
    Kevin Harvick: his attitude but I like a little his driving
    Travis Kvapil: He is good in the Trucks but is one of the worst in the cup

3. thejet53

thejet53 Well-Known Member

John Wes Townley, Brian Scott, Paul Menard

4. Smoke14TS

Smoke14TS Well-Known Member

1. Austin Dillon
    2. Ty Dillon
    3. Earl Barban
    4. Brad Keselowski
    5. Joey Logano
    6. Timothy Peters
    7. German Quiroga
    8. Johnny Sauter
    9. Dakota Armstrong
    10. Gray Gaulding

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

Kevin Harvick
    Brad Keselowski
    Jimmie Johnson
    Tony Stewart

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. NascarGuy42

NascarGuy42 Well-Known Member

Why The Dillon Brothers?
    I personally Hate Kyle Busch and Keselowski.

7. Smoke14TS

Because they've never had to work for anything. RCR doesn't stand for Richard Childress Racing. The name should be changed to RKR which would stand for Rich Kids Racing. That's all them little to punk kids are. "They've got no respect and are spoon-fed brats" as Kevin said in 2013. Now he apologized for these comments, but I agreed with him then and agree with him now, They've not proven anything in NASCAR. Now, some will come back and say Austin hasn't proven himself? No. He had the best of everything at RKR in trucks and Xfinity. Best CC, Car Chief, Engineers, everything. ALSO, he got lucky and caught a caution in the Homestead race when he won the NXS title other wise Hornish Jr would've won it.

SUPEREEVEEMASTER likes this.
  8. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Not to bust your bubble but Penske and Joe Gibbs have and had better cars etc

TJBartel likes this.
  9. Smoke14TS

But what I'm saying is do you see anything handed to anyone at JGR or Penske? Not like the Dillon brats. I mean boys.

10. TJBartel

TJBartel Well-Known Member

Just because Harvick said they didn't earn anything doesn't mean it's true. I would imagine they got about the same teatment as Chase Elliott did for example.

11. sennadowg316

sennadowg316 Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, how many drivers now and in the future will have to "Work hard?". Everywhere you look in motorsport in general there are pay drivers.

To put in context, in the 70's and 80's, for every Dale Earnhardt, Jeff Gordon, Richard Petty and etc, etc., 9 would miss out. Now for every talented driver, maybe 999 drivers will never get a NASCAR drive. It's sad, but that's how motorsport is right now.

TJBartel likes this.
  12. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Paul Menard and John Wes Townley are just like the Dillon brothers in that either a family name or family sponsorship has gotten them a ride. Menard has been steady but unspectacular and we all know Townley's reputation as being a wreck waiting to happen. Meanwhile, Austin Dillon is a Truck Series and Xfinity Series champion and Ty Dillon has finished 2nd in Truck points and 5th in NXS points the last 2 years. To hate them and label them as "punks" and "brats" is completely unfair. You're basically mad at them because of their genetics, having been born into the Childress family. So they had connections and got a ride? Good for them. And have they shown that they deserve their rides? Absolutely. The stats are right there, and they're much better than drivers like Menard and Townley who have mediocre performance at best.

In all seriousness, do you really expect Childress to cast them aside when they have showed the ability to compete? After all, grandparents are supposed to be the ones that spoil their grandkids. Their grandpa just happens to be one of the most successful team owners in NASCAR history lol.

13. Luckycrazykyle

Luckycrazykyle Member

You my friend, speak the truth.

14. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Member

I have to say I don't put any effort into hating someone who has no impact in my life whatsoever , that being said there are two I "dislike" intensley
    : "Burnt Toast" Logano and "Marketing Gimmick" Patrick and the reason is neither of them can admit it when they screw up , it is always some other driver's fault.

15. sennadowg316

sennadowg316 Well-Known Member

Sadly, it shouldn't be true that motorsports is like that.

One of my friends once went over to find an XFINITY drive not too long ago. He was told that, as he was pretty much an unknown, he had to pay $250,000 for 6 tests. Then it was another $250,000 to run 1 race.

Put into context, this year's NXS has 33 races. 250,000 x 33 = 8,250,000

Add the $250,000 from the tests and it's $8,500,000 for someone new to run a full NXS schedule this year. And we know that to pay for a ride in Sprint Cup is way more.

It's a shame really, the next big thing is somewhere out in the world desperate for a NASCAR drive misses out to people like John Wes Townsley because they have money and the talented guy doesn't.

16. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Danica Patrick by a land slide....it's just a matter of time before she's done.

sennadowg316 likes this.
  17. Tigerman

Tigerman Well-Known Member

Jimmie and Danica.

TColeman12 likes this.
  18. SUPEREEVEEMASTER

SUPEREEVEEMASTER Well-Known Member

Are you saying that there's too much talent on both the Sprint Cup and in the other two divisions that drivers coming up are not going to get the rides that they need to show their brilliance?

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Drivers I love to hate, for silly reasons mostly, would be..

Dale Jr.
    Danica Patrick
    Denny (Hambone) Hamlin
    Kyle (Potato) Busch
    Martin Truex Jr.
    Clint Bowyer and the whole MWR as a whole.
    Joey Logano
    Brad Keselowski (most recently)
    Paul Menard
    Carl Edwards
    + probably more but these stick out. :)

If these guys don't win, I'm generally happy.

20. evilgoat

evilgoat Well-Known Member

After years of disliking a few drivers I finally got it down to one. Logano. He was on the initial list, but now stands alone as the one person I don't want to see do well. In my opinion Nascar has a love affair with this driver and will do absolutely anything to try and hand him a championship this year.