Not So Favorite Drivers

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by WALZ, Mar 26, 2007.

1. TColeman12

TColeman12 #12 Moderator

Fans never forget that kind of stuff. I still remember the day, and I still don't like Kyle Busch. I mean, it's racing, but it's still kind of annoying.

jgegner and nj9703 like this.
  2. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 Founder of USORL ARCA Online League

I only hate it when Jr. fans still hate Brian Vickers after what happened at Dega in '06.

AMLNet49 likes this.
  3. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

It feels weird being one of the only Jr fans who can forgive and forget

4. nj9703

nj9703 #JesseDid2/23

I've sorta-semi forgiven Kyle for Richmond, but I don't like him still for other reasons.

5. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

The thing with the Richmond incident was it looked like a racing deal in hindsight, but Kyle didn't make an attempt to clear his name. He was my least favorite for years, but in 2014 I found myself rooting for him through the Chase, since he was having an underdog year. Last year, he seemingly humbled up (in my opinion) and while I wouldn't call myself a fan, I'm alright with him now. His attitude still shows, but I think he's grown up over the last year and a half

6. SeahawksFan8

SeahawksFan8 Well-Known Member

Matt Kenseth has been my least favorite for well over 15 years now, however I gained respect for him after the Logano incidents because Joey has surpassed him in my disdain. I'd like Kyle Busch if he would stop running Xfinity and Trucks. Other drivers I just don't like are: Chris Buescher, Michael Annett, Ty Dillon, Ryan Reed, Tyler Reddick, Christopher Bell & Alex Bowman

7. ds3304

ds3304 Member

Ty Dillon, Kyle Busch and Joey Logano

8. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Member

My least favorite drivers are definitely Chase Elliott and Kevin Harvick. I would have said Jeff Gordon because of the many times he has wrecked Bobby Labonte (specifically 2013 Bristol Night Race where Labonte was running third and got wrecked UNDER CAUTION) but I guess Jeff's retired-ish. Anyone who wrecks Labonte will instantly be added to this list.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  9. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #BatonRougeStrong

Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Crafton, Clint Bowyer, Danica Patrick, Martin Truex Jr. and Jeff Gordon.

10. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

You were going strong til the last 2.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  11. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life #1 Hendrick Motorsports Fan

Updated 2017 least favorite drivers:

Kyle Busch
    Clint Bowyer
    Will Power
    Tony Kanaan
    Danica Patrick
    Kurt Busch
    Brad Keselowski
    Joey Logano
    Matt Kenseth (sort of)
    Erik Jones

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  12. MrDude68

MrDude68 Don't give me that look

Monster Cup:
    1. Denny Hamlin
    2. Brad Keselowski
    3. Kyle Busch
    4. Joey Logano
    5. Ty Dillon

Xfinity:
    1. Gray Gaulding
    2. Cole Custer
    3. John Wes Townley

Camping World Truck:
    1. Ben Kennedy

ARCA:
    1. Chase Briscoe (solely from winning a lot)

IndyCar:

1. Simon Pagenaud
    2. Will Power
    3. Juan Pablo Montoya
    Why yes, I do hate Team Penske!

Other:

Jacques Villeneuve (most punchable face in racing)
    Tomy Drissi
    Chad Knaus (even though he's not a driver)

13. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

It's been a while I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring. I don't really dislike many drivers, everyone in the sport is talented and usually respectable, and that alone is commendable enough to not dislike them.

Though I can easily say after 2015 I dislike both Matt Kenseth and Kevin Harvick after their antics in the Chase. First with Matt completely overreacting and taking out Logano. I fully believe that was one of the cheapest shots in Nascar history. Yes, I get the whole "eye for an eye" argument, with each one taking the victim out of the next round of the Chase. But the race at Kansas was mostly a racing incident, watching the replay Logano definitely could have lifted to avoid spinning him, but they were also racing for the win with a few laps to go. Plus Kenseth threw a huge block which put Joey in the wall. Sure he could have lifted there too but as we have seen blocking usually never works out. Also Kenseth escaped without any damage... Then at Martinsville Kenseth gets wrecked by Logano's teammate, not even Logano. And reacts by putting Logano in the fence as hard as he could. A damaged lap car intentionally took out the dominant car in the race...That was just childish and dangerous. Driving someone up just about through the wall is reckless. Giving someone a little tap in the corner is not nearly on the same level. I know that Kenseth could have ended up in the wall at Kansas but that isn't what happened. I am not trying to defend Logano or say what he did was right, but what Kenseth did was just absurd from one of the veterans in the sport. That definitely spoiled my view on him. Prior to that I had nothing against Kenseth, I always thought he raced hard, but clean. And respected him for that.

Then with Harvick, we all know what happened at Talladega with spinning Bayne to cause the huge wreck on the restart and really messing up the Chase. Just ridiculous, I know you're supposed to do everything you can do go to the next round...but man. That was just stupidity at it's finest. Also that move when he shoved Keselowski into the fray with Gordon was another absolutely classless move by what seems to be a classless driver. Harvick is damn good and I'll never deny that, but man, he's done some stupid things in the past couple years to change my viewpoint on him.

I used to dislike Hamlin and Busch as well, but in the past few years I have started to slowly become more of a fan of them. I'm not a fan of any driver in a lower series, unless they are driving for their own team or actually face adversity to make them have to race the competition instead of stomping all over them.

14. ToddGilliland

ToddGilliland SRD's Punching Bag. Banned

Joey Logano
    Jimmie Johnson
    Dale Jr.
    Martin Truex Jr.
    Trevor Bayne
    Greg Biffle
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (partially because my friend would kill me)