1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

NR2003 on Windows 10

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by TSTROBS, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TSTROBS

TSTROBS Well-Known Member

Picked up a new laptop today, so naturally the first thing I wanted on there was NR2003. Went to install the game the conventional way (with CD and code) and it crashed almost immediately. Did a little research and turned DEP off. Tried it once more with the lastest nr2003 Update and the no CD Code, no dice. After more research and videos, I then, tired to run it through compatibly mode for windows 7. This time, it made it all the way to the practice, qualification, and race screen before crashing. See picture below. What in the world am I doing wrong? This should not be so damn aggravating and complicated! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tommy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Dimma-Dewit

3. TSTROBS

4. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Dimma-Dewit

The most I can tell you is the usual. Compatibility mode, run as an admin, disable DEP which may require you to disable secure boot. I think that the issue stems from Windows 10 just not liking older games.

TSTROBS likes this.
  5. Krusty

Krusty Well-Known Member

No, you don't think you need $500 for a new video card. What are you using now, if any?

TSTROBS likes this.
  6. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 I have full control.

I just switched computers and upgraded to Windows 10 myself. Did you install the nr2003 1.2.01 patch? That is what happened to me when NR2003 did not want to load up first time.

TSTROBS likes this.
  7. TSTROBS

Yes sir. Installed the game, installed the patch, restarted the computer, still nothing.

8. TSTROBS

Yeah, I have about had it with Windows 10, and I've had this computer for less than 24 hours...

9. TSTROBS

Forgive me, but where would I go about finding that information in the computer?

10. Mcc457

Mcc457 Well-Known Member

Windows Key+R
    type "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Go to the Display tab
    Under device, look at the name

Attached Files:

11. thunderbolt

thunderbolt Well-Known Member

I'll share my experience with this. I have a 2016 model Area51 with windows 10.
    I decided I would resurrect my NR2003, so I dug out my cd and installed.
    I then applied the update 1201, the track pack, and all, the pwf upgrades.
    I added the no cd patch and decided to test before I went any further.
    I set the program to run as administrator in compatibility mode for win xp sp2.
    I chose this as the last time I ran this game it was my windows version at the time.
    Anyway, the game fired up ok. My issue was it would not respond to the exit.
    So the only way to close the program is to use task manager ( cntrl + alt + del keys simultaneously)
    to end task. Not ideal but it works. I tried the disable DEP and it was worse. I could open
    the game but as soon as I went to enter a track, it crashed. So, I undid the DEP disable and we're
    back in business. I have added all the latest mods (NXS15, Gen6BR15 along with CWS15 so we're
    good. I'm still trying to get a copy of latest NRatings. I also had a number of older mods / tracks
    added from my storage files.
    Just ran an 80 lap race at Michigan in the trucks. Qualified 12 and was running 6 with 10 to go when
    one of the AI drove into the back of me and spun me out. Took a DNF with a 34th finish.
    Better luck next time.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  12. Krusty

Krusty Well-Known Member

If you're running a laptop, there may be issues.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017