5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NR2003 super slow all of a sudden?

hiarcracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been running NR2003 on Windows 10 for about the past year now, with all the most up to date mods, graphics were pretty good, framerate was always great, but yesterday I turned on my laptop to do some stuff in the game and it was just awfully slow. No cars would load on the track, the track selection menu was horrifically slow, no idea why or where this came from. I didn't add any mods or anything, just booted up the game.
Anyone else having this, was this a Windows update or something? I'm going to try reinstalling in a little bit to see if that works at all. Any suggestions?

hiarcracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yep, as soon as I hit post I realized I forgot my specs.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, build 14393)
Processor: Intel Core i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs) ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 (4154 MB Memory)
Render: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (not totally sure if this is needed)

ahspencer01

yikes
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been running NR2003 on Windows 10 for about the past year now, with all the most up to date mods, graphics were pretty good, framerate was always great, but yesterday I turned on my laptop to do some stuff in the game and it was just awfully slow. No cars would load on the track, the track selection menu was horrifically slow, no idea why or where this came from. I didn't add any mods or anything, just booted up the game.
Anyone else having this, was this a Windows update or something? I'm going to try reinstalling in a little bit to see if that works at all. Any suggestions?
With what you've given me, and the fact a few friends and myself have had what sounds like a similar issue, it sounds like it was a recent Windows update, as I've heard from some 7, 8, and 10 users of the game being extremely slow on some menus for no reason.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Happens to me every now and again. I just restart my PC and it works fine afterwards.

hiarcracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
With what you've given me, and the fact a few friends and myself have had what sounds like a similar issue, it sounds like it was a recent Windows update, as I've heard from some 7, 8, and 10 users of the game being extremely slow on some menus for no reason.
Gotcha. Have any of you guys figured out how to get it back to normal?

Happens to me every now and again. I just restart my PC and it works fine afterwards.
I've restarted a few times now, and unfortunately this one isn't getting any better.

hiarcracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
I rolled back a couple recent updates that came out just a week ago, yet to try out the game though.
Got it. Windows isn't letting me roll anything back right now, so I guess I'm just stuck with this until they get a better update out

ahspencer01

yikes
Reaction score
Got it. Windows isn't letting me roll anything back right now, so I guess I'm just stuck with this until they get a better update out
It should unless you've not looked in the right place - near the bottom of this article it shows you how to rollback an update.

hiarcracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ok SO
I've got the game working (somewhat), I had to roll back a security update, HOWEVER DirectX is not working at all. It keeps resetting my graphics settings (TextureSetSize goes to the default number), it keeps crashing the game, and every time I click on something on the main menu, it shows that screen that pops up during the "Configure 3D Graphics" program.
I can't switch to OpenGL because my computer does not work with OpenGL at all, so I'm stuck with this busted ass DirectX. Anyone ever had this mess happen before?

thunderbolt

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
just a suggestion..my resolution s to 800 x 600
texture set size @ -1
works fine.

chris freeman

Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i found running it in OpenGL seems to work

MattyO

Salty
Reaction score
Holy bump batman! I'm sure after the 4 years that's passed by, he's figured out something.