NR2003 Windows 10 Problem

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by Tetronix, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Hi, I've looked all across the internet for the answer to this, but to no avail. I've been running NR2003 on this platform of Windows 10 for over a month, and up until now, I haven't had any problems. I woke up and did NR2003 one day to find the whole main menu and even the single race/testing/championship, etc lagging like heck. I can't figure out why, as I haven't changed anything.

Oh, and when I hit drive, the game crashes. I've had DEP disabled pretty much since the first day I got NR2003 back on the computer and again, it's worked fine until now. I miss not being able to race.

Does anyone know why this is? If someone knows where the answer may be, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! - D.J.

2. Jordanthebro

Jordanthebro Active Member Banned

Maybe you installed new updates on your PC that could make it run this way. That is the only thing I can think of. Sorry man. Also by the way, I can't drive either. It's because my PC can't disable DEP.

3. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

The windows 10 auto updates do mess with stuff. You may have to re-install the game

Tetronix likes this.
  4. Tetronix

Do you know what kind of updates could do this, so I could either possibly revert them or not update it in the future?

5. Jordanthebro

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update might have done it. It came out August 2nd. It said it had "New security features".

6. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

That all sounds familiar! :rolleyes:

Tetronix likes this.
  7. Tetronix

It wasn't that. It was working long after then. There were updates for me on August 31st, and I'm pretty sure there were late night/early morning updates I did either before that or a few days after that. It was one of those two that threw me into this problem.

8. Jordanthebro

Sometimes you can go into your folders and manually uninstall the updates. But be careful, you don't want to delete something that your system uses.

Tetronix likes this.
  9. Tetronix

Well I did find this:
    [​IMG]

10. Jordanthebro

That's good! Now if you can find the update that you think messed it up, you should delete it and hopefully it works then.

11. Tetronix

I am pretty sure it's all of the 1607 updates.

Jordanthebro likes this.
  12. Jordanthebro

Wow, that's a LOT of updates. There is no telling which one or ones it is. Then again, it might not even be an update causing this.

Tetronix likes this.
  13. Alan Harkleroad

Unfortunately Win10 doesnt tell you what its updating until after the fact which is why I dont like it. You have no idea what they are doing in the back ground and its causing everyone headaches. Thats why I stayed on 7 Pro for my desktop. My laptop is running 10 and thats my test bed to see what all happens.

Jordanthebro and Tetronix like this.
  14. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem with the game re-configuring my graphics when clicking to load the track. It also does it when I go to opponent manager, effectively undoing my manual configuration settings. It's never done that before. Basically, I set my graphics so make everything crisper, and then the game re-configures it in-game, negating my settings, and everything comes out blurry.

15. TColeman12

TColeman12 #HAVOCLIVESATVCU

That's sounds like @J.R.Franklin's problem or something similar.

16. Alan Harkleroad

Do you have any pc specific info to share? Hard to help when we have no idea what OS or hardware you have. Just a perspective.

TColeman12 likes this.
  17. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

Windows 10
    intel quad core 3.30ghz
    24gb ram
    evga gtx970
    23 inch HP monitor

18. Moondog

Moondog Well-Known Member

you need to restore back to old windows 10 then go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/ do the steps download iso then burn it to dvd then run dvd this will fix problem

19. Tetronix

You don't have to go through all of that. You just have to uninstall the previous updates. No necessary actions like that are needed to be done.

TColeman12 likes this.
  20. Moondog

Moondog Well-Known Member

After doing more research I have found that ppl running the gtx 900 series cards are having all kinds of problems with the 372.70 drivers after update to windows 10 1607. If you uninstall all NVidia drivers reboot system then install 355.98 everything will work fine. I have fix 2 computers this way so far. I would check for newer drivers once a week I'm sure a fix will be out soon.

Tnadz likes this.