1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NR2003 Windows 10 Problem

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by Tetronix, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

Bottom line windows 10 is nothing but problems

TColeman12 and Tetronix like this.
  2. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

First my internet issue that I blame W10 on, and now NR2003 being broken still due to that. Ugh.

3. Tetronix

Okay, so to update you guys on the situation: NR2003 randomly fixed itself for the graphics problem without myself touching any of the W10 settings. The only problem is, being that I still can't hit "drive" without the game crashing (I've got DEP disabled as well, as mentioned previously). I'm just glad that I can do some recording with a buddy of mine and I hope it's fixed for good.

4. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

One thing I have noticed since this re-configuring problem started is in the rend.dxg there is an added line every time i try to run the game and the graphics re-configures itself. I took a screen shot.

Attached Files:

• DD.jpg
      DD.jpg
      File size:
      712.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Redsco

Redsco Well-Known Member

Hello
    I have the same problem since I install the last Nvidia's drivers 372.70 and I install in the same time, GeForce_Experience_v3.0.5.22 hope this can help.
    Thanks.

6. mattswad

mattswad Member

I also updated from Windows 10 to the Anniversary Update and now when I go to drive or enter the race the game stops and closes.

But during this same time my controller stopped working. So by the time I obtained a functioning controller and attempted to play the game again I noticed the game freezing issue.

So I attempt to uninstall the Windows 10 Anniversary Update only to find out that AFTER TEN DAYS YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL THE WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE or REVERT BACK TO A PREVIOUS VERSION OF WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I assume I am royally screwed now. :mad:

7. Tetronix

I bet you that you're going to have to do a complete re-install of Windows 10, if that's the case. I don't know much about Windows 10's versions/builds but I'm probably going to have to do that myself.

8. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Windows 10 sucks. I only run it on my laptop. My main computer will be running 7 until Microsoft can fix 10 or make a better one.

Tetronix likes this.
  9. Tetronix

Good luck with that. If they've failed miserably with Windows 8 and Windows 10, chances are that sometime soon Windows 17 will suffer badly. Lmao.

TColeman12 likes this.
  10. mattswad

mattswad Member

OMG a complete reinstall?!?!?!?! How would I even BEGIN to go about doing that??? Especially since I used to have unlimited internet data and now MetroPOS has cut me down to 8gb hotspot. (no home internet only cell phone) I can download and save files onto my phone and then transfer them via USB to the computer if I must but it is a pain to do. Hug your unlimited data plans before you will have to inevitably kiss them goodbye and remember that "unlimited*" means "NOT unlimited" in this day of fine print cell phone contracts! (as I'm on the $60 "Unlimited*" plan myself!)

Please let us know if you do indeed continue with the reinstall or if anyone else finds a solution as to your results.

I suddenly find myself becoming a Mac or Linux guy now considering the ONLY game (and about the only reason I even have a computer) no longer works!!!!!

11. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Admin

Before you re-install the OS, I would just back up the game and re-install that. Sometimes the game files become corrupted due to other installations on the system from the OS and other applications. I have done that before and it ran just fine afterwards. Just back up your Player, Series, Tracks, and Import/Export folders, and anything else you think you need. Then uninstall the game from the Program Manager, delete your NR2003 Papyrus folder. Then re-install the game. That only takes a few minutes to do vice a complete OS wipe which is an hours long process at minimum.

Tetronix likes this.
  12. hammer26tn

hammer26tn Well-Known Member

I fixed my problem earlier this week after uninstalling my graphics card driver and installing the 355.98 version. It seems to have helped some artifact issues I've been suffering from since I got this card. I'm happy again. Now, if I could only get myself in the mood to play it like I used to. 20 years of these sims has kind of jaded me

13. Redsco

Redsco Well-Known Member

Yes I do the same but install the last working drivers for me :
    368.81-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
    Thank you

14. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

I had problems with 10 when I upgraded from 7 at around February. And that was not just with nr. Kept freezing like every minute. Went back to 7. Everything went back to normal no problems. About a month ago I got a new computer built for me ( I say new when actually it was a mish mash of high end used parts) with win. 10. Had no problems with it at all. Win 10 I don't think is the problem I think it could be upgrading to 10 that could be the problem. Doubt that helps anyone but hope it helps.

15. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

I had this problem too.. It seems some have this problem, some don't, it just won't be pinned down to just one thing, so I can tell you the two things that I did, that has worked for me.
    Below the row of X's was the problem I was having (posted on nogrip 03/09/16)
    What I did that worked NR2003 is working fine now :)
    Uninstalled nVidia Driver Version 372.70, installed an older driver version 368.72 (this being the only version I had saved on my HDD and was easy to get at, no other reason for installing this version, other than being an older one) I was still getting blurry graphics, even though the extra line in rend_dxg.ini had now gone? Don't ask why, but this line was gone:
    (Renderer=C:\Windows\System32\Driverstore\Filerepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_6d731131fca00bc\n\0
    The problem now was that in the rend_dxg.ini file, it would not let me keep my
    TextureSetSize=3162243072.....It kept reverting back to TextureSetSize=27281408...So, want I did was, put in TextureSetSize=3162243072 saved the file and closed it, then right click on the same rend_dxg.ini file, go Properties and make the file Read Only...Since doing this not had any issue's at all with NR2003.... I hope at least my post would help just one person, as I said, this has worked for me :)
    Have fun...Swifty
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I've been around long enough to work out at least 99.9% of the install problems
    with this old game...But this one has me stumped and is doing my brain no good at all, and I need some fresh brains for help, please!

After the latest Display Driver 372.70 from nVidia, there has been a line added to the rend_dxg.ini below is a copy and paste of my rend_dxg.ini file (see bold print)The game now is totally in a loop of re-rendering on the forth loop up pops Windows with "This program has stopped working" box. I have even made The rend_dxg.ini file read only, but makes the loop never ending I have tried to remove the line, but it comes back again after game restart
    Has anyone had this issue? The only way out is to install a previous driver I have now Driver v368.22 which works fine, the line below does not get added.
    Cheers..
    Swifty

[3D Accelerator Analysis]
    PolyRate=193.13
    AnisotropicLevel=2
    TextureSetSize=27281408
    BitsPerPixel=32
    TestedFullScreen=1
    Height=1440
    Width=2560
    vSyncMode=0
    MipMapLODBias=-0.50
    BestStampVOffset=0.50
    BestStampUOffset=0.50
    UseStencilBuffer=0
    MipFilter=2
    MinFilter=2
    MagFilter=2
    Renderer=C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepos itory\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_6d7341131fca00bc\ n
    \0

Version=Product 21 Version 21.13 Build 7270
    Vendor=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

16. MrNorm

MrNorm Member

A couple things I've noticed in the past, I still run Win7 though, not sure if this helps in Win10. Whenever I change res (or update drivers) my N2k3 stops working, in most cases it crashes when I click drive but sometimes it crashes sooner (CTD). Now I always reset the game resolution after an nVidea update as it seems the old res numbers are causing the crashing of the sim. I run triple monitors so I reset to single monitor size then back to my triple screen size and the sim works fine again.

I also saw the numbers you have above for your TSS (TextureSetSize=27281408), I've had my change for this posted for many years now in my forums and was telling my members about it long before I posted. Try the numbers below and see if this helps make your sim more crisp and clear, so far everyone I've told has seen a huge improvement, in a very few cases it can cause the sim to crash every few races but leaving the server while it cycles (for online racing) corrects that, ALWAYS BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILE before making changes. Here's the lines I have in my 'rend_dxg.ini' file:

AnisotropicLevel=0 (try 0 thru 16 if to crisp to smooth jaggies)
    TextureSetSize=-1 (you can also try just adding a minus (-) before your current size number)

This has worked on every mod I've ran so far and I have 40+ mods for N2k3.

Mystical and SwiftyOne like this.
  17. Krusty

Krusty Well-Known Member

I've saved the settings from this and always revert back to them when needed.

18. Moondog

Moondog Well-Known Member

there is 2 problems with the windows 10 1607 or anniversary update NVIDIA 372.70 and 372.90 drivers don't work. reconfigures graphics every time you click on anything. Just uninstall drivers and go back to older ones. The other problem is very low FPS to fix this click start then open xbox on left find settings open xbox settings click Game DVR tab turn off Game DVR FPS are fixed I have heard of no other problems.

19. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah the new driver is terrible, I had to roll back as well. I hope its a driver issue and not something NR2003 will be stuck with all future drivers. Even more annoying I've noticed my Armory track keeps crashing in replays and sometimes even when I was racing coming down pit road (night version). I ran a flawless race a few weeks ago on my track and everything including replays was fine but now it feels more unstable. Haven't tried other track but this is still irritating to have occur.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  20. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the latest driver v373.06 yet?....Must admit I'm holding off a bit, as the older driver seems to play nice, with all my games :)

Edit: If there are lots of you that are having trouble with NR2003 because of Driver issues, I think it's wise to sign up and post your issues @ the nVidia GeForce Forums, so to let the right people know who can do something about it....Just a suggestion
    http://www.geforce.com/ ;)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016