NR2003 Windows 10 Problem

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by Tetronix, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So I don't ever have the xbox app open on windows 10 (no game profile even signed in) but if I'm playing like NR2003 the xbox app is still recording all the time? I'll have to find the setting to disable the DVR if so. I record everything externally with my elgato so the DVR feature is useless memory being taken up.

Edit: Doing a random google search came across this thread, it does appear the app runs even when you have never logged into the app, that is very interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/3iun1w/windows_10_users_disable_game_dvr_is_youre_having/

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

373.06 does the same thing,Tried it this morning.Stay with the older drivers.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

ok so this was driving me nuts lately. I've noticed since the Windows 10 Anniversary update my NR2003 was way more crashy than ever which made no sense becasue it was really good beforehand. The framerate even post anniversary has been top notch but like I mentioned before I was getting really frustrating crashes on tracks like my Armory one ... which when building the track we tested for days to optimize and it ran smooth on my win7 machine and per-anniversary win10 (current) machine. After finally some investigation over a few hours I finally found the root issue: shadows. My game would crash in the exact same spot during a replay camera every time with Gen6 mod so I switch to BR12 and no crash occurred. So I eliminated that it was not my track but something in the game that changed and it turns out it was shadows.

I don't know how but after the Anniversary update my game changed some settings and the shadows were what was making the crashes happen.The bottom two in this screenshot were the culprits. It was set to Distance: High and Detail: Low resolution, many cars. So I switched these as shown below and no more crashes!

[​IMG]

I figured I'd post this in-case anyone else was getting stupid crashes after win10 updates and it was ok before. My game runs great now from what I've tried so far.

DaveO likes this.
  4. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

It might be the windows 10 update causing this. Cause I'm using an amd 370. Worked fine last Wednesday. Tried it today and every time I click on anything it tries to reconfigure and crashes. Would reinstalling the game help cause I really don't want to roll back to old drivers.

EDIT: After more research in the thread looks like all I can do is re-installing the game. I will come back soon if it worked or not.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  5. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

Update. Works now. Anyone with that problem just has to reinstall the game.

AMOCO and Mystical like this.
  6. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

Yep, that's exactly it. I posted over on this thread that I've also been successful on 365.10 with my GTX 980 for laptop (not M). It was the oldest driver pack I could download. Thank god it worked.

7. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Anyone tested the new Nvidia driver yet?,I test the last one.
    Nvidia driver: 375.63 - WHQL

8. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

I assume you mean 375.70. I haven't had the guts to yet. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll give it a go and let y'all know.

AMOCO likes this.
  9. Lookey2000

Lookey2000 Well-Known Member

Which driver should I roll back to? Ever since 375.63 I've been having this issue. I've got a GTX 750 Ti.

10. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

I have not tested the newest drivers, although I'd assume they likely struggle with the same issues as the previous ones. Right now, I'm running 365.10 on my GTX 980 for laptop (not M) and do not have issues. Well, not computer related anyway.

11. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

The new drivers (375.70)are exactly the same. :( I have this bad sinking feeling in my stomach like this could be the beginning of the end for NR2003? I think we should all spread the word around all the old NR2003 sites that are still running, to go and post on the nVidia forums in the new driver thread here : https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ay-driver-feedback-thread-released-10-28-16-/
    The worst thing we could do is do nothing if enough of us (a few thousand I bet) post feedback in the nVidia forums...It just might get a fix...To do nothing, is to loose our game NR2003.

@ Lookey2000 I'm going back to the old drivers that seem to work great 368.22 you might (like I did) have to try older drivers to see which works best for you, 368.22 works well for NR2003 and all my other installs too :)

Mystical likes this.
  12. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

Just even looking quickly through forums, there are a lot of basic issues that really should have been addressed. When you spend 400, 500, 600 bucks on a graphics card, you expect it to work well the features it has. It might have a few issues, no card is perfect. But with NR2003 being almost 15 years old, I would normally pass it off as just an old game that is losing support. Issues in new Triple A titles that aren't being addressed says something about quality control. I got an nVidia card because they are powerful, good quality cards for the most part, I have luckily haven't had any major issues yet(except with NR2003) but they seemed to be overly focused in making sure their cards are """""""optimized"""""" for big releases says they are trying more to get more sales from people coming in new to the world of pc gaming. It's not a bad thing by any stretch, good marketing move, but they will start losing support from people who use nVidia cards for gaming.

SwiftyOne and Mystical like this.
  13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah I play and mod games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition so having updated drivers is really important to me. I don't know how I am supposed to go back and forth between new and old games if the NR2003 graphics reconfigure keeps happening. I'd have to revert and update drivers back and forth every time I'd want to play either game, this would be a really stupid thing to have to do every time.

14. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

No one should ever have to do that, hence the point of driver updates! Oh my, just one big viscous cycle. On the bright side however, your graphics card has now been optimized for Call of Duty Infinite Warefare!:p

15. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm WHY this behavior is taking place? Does it have something to do with the way permissions are set for the folder that drivers are now being dumped in? The way Windows is allowing those files to be called?

It appears there's another thread that was started on their boards: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/970208/?offset=3#5007881

I'm all for posting/petitioning the snot out of their release threads. At the very least we might find someone who could come up with a workaround...

16. Lookey2000

Apparently in their new driver updates, they're trying to discontinue the use of games that use older DirectX. That is so stupid...

17. Lookey2000

Sorry for the double post, but @SwiftyOne it worked! thank you!

18. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

This is a huge mistake on their part, NR2003 can't be the only one that has issues like this. Hopefully enough people from multiple game communities tell Nvidia this is a bad idea.

19. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Like Tnadz said 365.10 will work just fine.

20. D4L3JrF4N88

D4L3JrF4N88 New Member

GTX 1070 on windows 10 works fine with build 375.70

Attached Files:

Mystical and AMOCO like this.