NR2003 Windows 10 Problem

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by Tetronix, Sep 5, 2016.

1. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Will install tomorrow on my GTX 760

2. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I'll have to keep note of that version, might give it a try,

3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Well it didn't work for my GTX 760.
    BTW:Are you on Windows 10 v.1607 or v.1511?

4. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 #BlameTrey

Now I have Windows 8 and have yet to try it with NR2003. This is encouraging.

5. Jimmie Mitchell

Jimmie Mitchell New Member

Just role back the driver 368.69...i had the same exact problem and havent updated since...windows 10 sucks ... i liked 8 better.

6. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

Update. Those using AMD, drivers 16.11.3 games just fine. Does not try and re-render itself.

7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Any idea if the latest nvidia drivers still have the same issue? Its getting to the point where having latest drivers is more beneficial for me in other games. In the future with newer cards if those graphics drivers right off the bat have this issue NR2003 might become unplayable with nvidia but hopefully it never comes to that. I like the GTX series but still want to be able to play in NR2003. Guess only other option is get a AMD card but with intel GTX is more suited for for my pc builds.

Alan Harkleroad likes this.
  8. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

I'm on the latest driver 375.95 with my 970. I had the config problem around the same time as everyone else but just over a week ago after a pc restart the game suddenly stopped running the graphics config at every menu and I haven't had the problem since. I gave up on finding a solution a while ago so I wasn't really looking for a fix when it happened. Not sure I can be of much help but it is working for me.

9. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

The new Nvidia version 375.95 driver works fine with NR2003 on my GTX 760.Using Windows 10 Pro.
    No more config 3d graphics on every tab in nr2003,Plus I did a complete uninstall of old driver and install the new driver version.Also redid graphics settings here:
    http://www.simracingdesign.com/threads/nr2003-graphics-tweak.61756/
    And rechecked to make sure DEP was still disabled and replaced the no cd patch in NR2003 and rebooted.
    Then I was done and everything is working fine.

10. Outlaw2431

Outlaw2431 Member

Pretty much what Zoom and Amoco said up above. NR2003 doesn't do the graphic config in menu selection anymore at all with the latest Nvidia version 375.95. This is with my GTX 970 and Windows 10 v.1607 .

SwiftyOne likes this.
  11. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

That sounds really promising. Yesterday I was doing a race and did not want to risk any mess ups. This weekend I will try latest drivers for my GTX 980-ti and report back if it worked or not.

SwiftyOne and TColeman12 like this.
  12. roman1

roman1 New Member

NR2003 graphic issue was fixed with the latest Windows 10 comulative update.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  13. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Well-Known Member

All sounds very promissing...So, I tried the latest nVidia driver 375.95...Wohoo! everything in NR2003 is now working fine, no rending loop, the rend_dxg.ini keeps the TextureSetSize=3162243072 too, all in all, NR2003 runs as it always had done on my Win 10 pro ....Magic! :)

14. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

I can confirm this also happened for me exactly. Running 375.95, Windows 10 ver. 1607.

SwiftyOne likes this.
  15. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Well this was interesting. I installed the 375.95 drivers for my gtx 980-ti and I also checked I have windows 10 version 1607. At first the two times I started NR2003 it kept re-configuring my graphics and changing my texture set size. Then I decided to set the file to read only after I changed my values and it finally stop re-configuring. Changed the file back to editable (removed read only) and everything is ok now.

It works now but at first I really thought I was screwed. Can't explain why it tried to reconfigure the first 2 times but I've launched the game several times now and its stopped so far. Hopefully all future drivers will be fine and we won't have to go through this crap gain.

16. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

I love NVIDIA's need to push tech, but the drivers for Windows 10 paired with W10 constant unknown forced patches has made the Green team such an unknown for gaming. Which is so sad NVIDIA has no control over what MS does with patches that in turn dick up the OS and driver compatibility. Its why I am still running Win7 Pro on my desktop. I hope one day they will revert to a user controlled patch instantiation otherwise I will be holding out a long time.

SwiftyOne and Mystical like this.
  17. Tnadz

Tnadz Well-Known Member

Just tested the newest one 376.09 and no issues. Although I did have to reset my dx.ini texture set size and so on. But no problems with constant ini resetting or any issues on track from what I can tell.

SwiftyOne likes this.