NSCS In Another Dimension

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by burtonbraves, Oct 8, 2016.

1. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

More were to come :)

Kevin Brenner has picked up local Atlanta sponsor America's Mart for a few races this year. They are happy to see a sponsor on that car after they spent almost the whole off season searching.

5AmericasMart1.png

Next we have Dean Warren's Accel Ignition Ford Fusion for multiple races.

73AccelIgnition1.png

Paul Jones and the Super 8 bunch have gotten Hertz to be on the car a few times this year.

8Hertz1.png

Chase Bank will join James Kent's #36 as primary sponsor for many races this year.

36ChaseBank1.png

Lastly, we have Gus St. Pierre's new Inlet Digital ride. He will be piloting this car in numerous races this season.

61InletDigital1.png

I am happy to announce the completion of the first expansion pack for the Alternate Universe Set! 15 brand new schemes to race with throughout a season if you wish. There may* be more to come, we will have to see ;) For now, I hope you are enjoying the set, and I hope you also enjoy these new schemes! Thank you!

The schemes included are:

#25 – Phillip Purpura – Valvoline
    #21 – Henry Baines – Quality Inn & Suites
    #21 – Henry Baines – Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff
    #66 – Blake Barnes – Cook Out
    #32 – Mark Travis – Big Lots
    #39 – Mat Rodgers – DLP (Different Color Scheme)
    #43 – Jeff Pollard – Certainteed
    #44 – Gary Van Nort – Newport Aquarium
    #49 – Iris Cooper – Crowley Maritime (Different Color Scheme)
    #81 – Shane Meeks – Pennzoil
    #5 – Kevin Brenner – America’s Mart
    #73 – Dean Warren – Accel Ignition
    #61 – Gus St. Pierre – Inlet Digital
    #36 – James Kent – Chase Bank
    #8 – Paul Jones – Hertz

https://www.mediafire.com/?s8j3b97mmbnu7m7

DOBBS, InsideLine, Thunder98 and 8 others like this.
  2. burtonbraves

I told you all that there may be more to come. Well, there are! I have a bunch of new schemes planned, and am excited to show off the first of them!

First we have Joshua Keller, who will be piloting the #02 Bojangles Chevy in a few events. With this paint scheme, it also brings a slightly different number style to the car.

02Bojangles1.png

Next we have the #4 of Bryan Van Nort, who will pilot the Snap Fitness Chevy in a couple races.

4SnapFitness1.png

Here we have the #32 of Mark Travis, who, as well as Big Lots, will have Dixon Valve jumping on board as the primary a few times this season.

32DixonValve1.png

Next we have Terrence Spinelli in the Stevens Transport Toyota. The team hasn't said when this is running, but reports say it may be running the last few events of the year in preparation for next season.

46Stevens3.png

Lastly for this small update, we have the #80 of Ryan Young. Young will drive the chrome #80 Fram/Autolite Chevy off and on throughout the season.

80FramAutolite2.png

Stay tuned! :)

Tetronix, Mystical, pomcat and 8 others like this.
  3. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

That 46 is badass. Nice work!

burtonbraves likes this.
  4. pomcat

pomcat Well-Known Member

Love the 46 and 80 great paints.

burtonbraves likes this.
  5. burtonbraves

Thank you for the comments! I do like the #46 with it's new coat of paint.

Here we have 5 more cars unveiled over the past couple days.

First off, the #33 of Rick Vancovsky. He will be driving the Rinnai Ford at select races this year, including both Atlanta dates.

33Rinnai1.png

Next up we have the Florida native Michael Potter. He will be driving the #28 Maple Street Biscuit Company Ford in 7 races this season.

28MapleStreet1.png

Next we have Matthew Turner, who will be piloting the #41 Polycom Chevy in a number of races this season. Rumor has it if this season goes well Polycom may sign on full time next season.

41Polycom1.png

Louis Acton is known as a good guy, on and off the track. Always very respectful and humble, Acton also works with a few different charity organizations. It has got the attention of his associate sponsor Anker, and they have decided to jump on as primary sponsor for 12 races in 2016. "We really like Louis, he has a good head on his shoulders and knows what is important in life. Not to mention his racing ability, which is right up there with the best of them in this series. We are very excited to begin to grow this partnership, and I only hope it leads to much more" lead PR rep for Anker said on Friday.

77Anker1.png

Lastly, we have the #62 of Will Underwood. Rockstar has been sponsoring this kid since his ARCA days, and is excited to be on board the #62 all year long, including 8 races as primary sponsor.

62RockstarEnergy1.png

Thank you for looking!

6. burtonbraves

Here is the next batch of 5 cars that will be driven throughout the season!

First, we have the #91 of Ward Westin. He will drive the Ruiz Foods/Sunoco Toyota in a few races this year.

91Ruiz1.png

Next we have Westin's teammate, the #19 of Kevin Gimball will drive the Canada Dry Toyota in select races.

19CanadaDry1.png

Next we have Shane Dillon, who will drive the Racetrac Toyota in a few races this year.

97Racetrac1.png

Next we have Paul Jones, who has picked up Subway as primary sponsor for a few races in 2016. Winning Talladega didn't hurt.

8Subway1.png

Here we have the #51 of Dan Archbald. In my simulated season, the #51 of Jennifer Smith (Sour Patch Kids) was struggling mightily after being forced to Cup too soon. Unfortunately the team had to shut down for the time being. Smith meanwhile has joined the media crew to help cover the races down on pit road. When the #51 team shut down, Archbald Racing bought the points from Weatherton Motorsports and started their own racing team. They will debut soon in the #51 Archbald Racing Toyota.

51ArchbaldRacing1.png

And with that I'm excited to announce the release of the second expansion pack for this set! 15 more schemes and one new driver to run with if you choose to! Thanks for all the support, this set is actually very fun and I'm really enjoying running offline seasons of this. I came up with small history facts about each driver if anyone has any interest, plus I edited my schedule and now only have 38 events on that. Anyways, hope y'all enjoy, and thank you!

This set includes:

#02 – Joshua Keller – Bojangles
    #28 – Michael Potter – Maple Street Biscuit Company
    #32 – Mark Travis – Dixon Valve
    #33 – Rick Vancovsky – Rinnai
    #41 – Matt Turner – Polycom
    #4 – Bryan Van Nort – Snap Fitness
    #46 – Terrence Spinelli – Stevens Transport (Different Scheme)
    #62 – Will Underwood – Rockstar Energy
    #77 – Louis Acton – Anker
    #80 – Ryan Young – Fram/AutoLite (Different Color Scheme)
    #91 – Ward Westin – Ruiz Foods/El Monterey/Tornados
    #19 – Kevin Gimball – Canada Dry
    #97 – Shane Dillon – Racetrac
    #51 – Dan Archbald – Unsponsored (New driver)
    #8 – Paul Jones – Subway

https://www.mediafire.com/?pw3cd1oo1ux1be7

7. burtonbraves

I hope you all have enjoyed the latest release! It's nearing the end of the year, so I have begun to work on the roster and paints for this upcoming season. Most drivers will stay put and have the same scheme, but some drivers will be moving. If a larger higher budget team picks up a driver, the sponsor may or may not follow the driver. Over the course of the 2016 season, some teams ran out of funding, and a couple got shut down for poor performance. There is a rumor that one of those teams will return though. Anyways! Here is the first batch of cars to be revealed for 2017!

Maria Connolly had a solid 2016, including 1 top 5 and 3 top 10s. Mapquest decided to jump on as primary for a few races.

10Mapquest1.png

Matt Peyton had an incredible 2016 season, although he never reached victory lane, he scored 9 top 5s and 13 top 10s to go on to finish 6th in points. For that, McDonald's has signed a multi-year deal to be the primary sponsor on the #16 for 32 events per season. Other McDonald's Ad Campaigns will be featured throughout the year.

16McDonalds1.png

Henry Baines had a much better season than anyone anticipated. 8th in points with 4 wins and 14 top 10s. It attracted the attention of Snyder-Martinez Racing, who already fields the #35 and #80. They were very impressed by Baines and have decided to open a new team for him. He will drive the #54 Smokey Mtn Chevy, and the Quality Inn Chevy in 2017. More sponsors are to be announced soon. (I noticed the red Equifax logo, it has since been recolored to white)

54SmokeyMtn1.png

Jason Monahan didn't have the best of seasons, but with one of the teams at Midwest Motorsports suspending operations for 2017, the #26 team hopes they can focus harder on their 2 teams to provide better results. The former IndyCar driver's scheme will have a color swap for 2017, as well as Komatsu jumping on bard as primary for a few races.

26Brandies17.png

Lastly, we have Shane Meeks. Meeks had an incredible season in the #81 car. He scored 2 wins and 12 top 5s. Unfortunately inconsistency and DNFs plagued them throughout the year, causing them to finish 15th in points. Disappointing, but something Meeks has said the team is growing on, and they plan to be back and stronger than ever next season. Planet Fitness will be on board the Toyota for a few races in 2017.

81PlanetFitness1.png

Stay tuned for more schemes and silly season news! 2017 is approaching fast! :) Thanks for looking!

8. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #BatonRougeStrong

shaneshine23 and burtonbraves like this.
  9. guardracer19

guardracer19 Well-Known Member

What font is being used for the 32 and 62 looks like Aaron's style but what is the name of the font?

10. burtonbraves

@guardracer19 the font is JasmineUPC Italicized

Thank you! @BrendonH12 I used it in a quick offline season I just ran and I finished 2nd in points. It seems to be good luck haha

The next batch of cars for the 2017 update is here!

Our first big news coming into the new season surrounds the driver of the #4, Bryan Van Nort. A 30 year old from Ohio, has decided to retire from the Nascar Sprint Cup Series after completing the 2016 season. BVN scored 1 pole and 1 top 10 in the 2016 season, but the moment that sticks out most for the former driver, was the accident at Indianapolis. With 4 laps to go the #4 car got loose coming out of turn 4, and slapped the wall. After bouncing off the wall he came down across the nose of Gus St. Pierre and the #61 car. Van Nort's Chevy turned towards the entrance of the inside pit wall, the car slammed the wall, ripping it apart and tossing it onto pit road, causing the car to flip two and a half times, before coming to rest on top of the wall on the inside of pit road. Luckily, due to safety measures at the track, nobody was in the area where the car came to rest. BVN was knocked unconscious briefly, but remarkably escaped without any further injury. During the post race interview, he said the first thing he thought of when coming to was his family, and how he will really have to think about his career moving forward. A press release from Van Nort Racing after the season had ended stated that Bryan has decided to retire from competition, to focus on his family, and team operations. He will be the crew chief the #44 car for his brother, Gary starting in 2017. Bryan's sponsor, Gorilla Glue, will move to the #44 for select races in 2017. The driver of the #44 had a very solid 2016, scoring 5 top 5s and finishing 14th in the standings.

44GorillaGlue1.png

Prior to the announcement from Van Nort, Nick O'Donnell, driver of the #55 PPG Toyota, was released from Weatherton Motorsports. After placing 33rd in points with 2 top 5s in 2016, the 27 year old was looking for a ride for he and his sponsor. He found it in the now vacant #4 car. Nick O'Donnell will pilot the #4 PPG Chevrolet in 2017.

4PPG2017.png

With 2 of Weatherton Motorsports cars shutting down, the #51 mid season, and the #55 post season. Shane Dillon and Gus St. Pierre remain as the only two drivers for the team based out of Asheville, NC. Shane Dillon had a pretty good season, he ran very consistently and scored 11 top 10s. TaxSlayer will join the lineup of schemes for the #97 in 2017.

97TaxSlayer1.png

Blake Barnes is a 23 year old from Atlanta, GA. In 2016 he drove for Midwest Motorsports, the Indianapolis based team. With sponsorship increasing from Cook Out, the Toyota driver was unhappy with his current team. Midwest Motorsports as a whole struggled in 2016, with Barnes finishing 34th in points, highest on the team. Barnes and his sponsors received an offer from Revved Up Racing, the powerhouse Toyota team that fields the #39, 81, and 99. In 2017, Blake Barnes will move over to Revved Up, and drive the #66 Toyota/Cook Out Camry. Big things are expected from this young driver.

66ToyotaCookOut2017.png

Ryan Young came into the season with high hopes, though he had little experience, the now 20 year old wasn't worried. Not only did they exceed their own expectations, they blew them away. Winning 6 races and leading the most laps for the year was massive for the #80 team as a whole. Their successful season attracted the retail giant Target, who will begin to sponsor the #80 primarily in 2017. They have also agreed to sign an 8 year deal if Young can follow up 2016 with another successful season. We'll just have to wait and see what happens!

80Target1.png

Stay tuned for more! :)

ALSO! In this dimension, Sprint has signed a one year deal to continue sponsoring the series for 2017. Sources say that a multi-year deal starting in 2018 may already be in the works though.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. NinjaPanther42

NinjaPanther42 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get a driver/ team chart? Sometimes it's hard to remember what team fields what cars; and what those cars look like etc. This is my favorite thread and awesome paints keep up the awesome work

12. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

Interesting concepts. Turn off the bump map in your renders since those temp bump maps dont match your final car temps. Will clean up the presentation of them.

burtonbraves likes this.
  13. burtonbraves

@NinjaPanther42 thank you very much for the kind words! I actually do have a team chart that I can post. It includes all the teams, and different paint schemes the driver has, driver's ages, hometowns, and a little bit of history of the driver's racing career! It also includes a few of the upcoming schemes.

And thank you Alan! I believe I fixed the problem (see the #02 and #22, the others were rendered prior)

Five more schemes have been completed and are ready for reveal!

Harrison Motorsports struggled a bit last year, aside from Henry Baines. After Baines left for Snyder-Martinez, the team was left with just two full time cars. The #02 of Josh Keller, and the #41 of Matthew Turner. Turner managed to score 3 top 10s throughout the year, but finished 26th in the points standings. With Mayflower stepping up their sponsorship a little bit, they will look for bigger things next year. Matthew Turner pilots the Mayflower #41 in 2017.

41Mayflower17.png

Josh Keller had a modest 2016 season. Scoring 1 pole and 3 top 5s, they were looking to improve over the offseason. Hopefully with Food City jumping on board as primary for a few races they can have some more good finishes.

02FoodCity1.png
    Vincent Alton came into the 2016 season with high hopes. Martin Nichols Racing was looking strong, and they proved that they were all year long. The #22 was no exception. Alton finished 13th in the final standings, as well as leading the 3rd most laps of all drivers, and scoring a win. A very consistent, but bold team, they are looking for more in 2017. Italian oil giant Agip will begin to sponsor the team in 2017. (In this universe, they weren't bought out, and still exist)

22Agip1.png

The driver of the #86 Kingsford Fusion, Cal Baxter, had an unremarkable season. With his teammates finding victory lane a total of 4 times, the #86 ended the season winless, while only scoring 4 top 10s. A disappointing season for Baxter, who came into the year looking for bright things. In 2017, Kingsford has agreed to continue sponsoring the #86, and have changed their scheme up a bit.

86Kingsford17.png

Dan Archbald, the Toronto native who planned on running some events in 2016, is excited to announce his full plans for the 2017 season. He has secured full sponsorship from Tim Hortons, as well as USF Holland and Burger King for 2 races. He is looking forward to the new season with his family based team, Archbald Racing behind him. The 2014 Pinty's Series Champion will drive the #51 Tim Horton's Toyota in 2017.

51TimHortons17.png

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  14. burtonbraves

Here is the team chart. I threw it together this morning. I've had a notebook of all my notes for this set, but I'm glad I finally have it digitally haha

TeamSpreadsheet2017 1.jpg

15. mike robers

mike robers Member

I'd love to see a Budweiser,7-11, Gatorade, or UPS scheme!

burtonbraves likes this.
  16. burtonbraves

Cool ideas, I may just do something with that, thank you!

Next 5 are ready for their reveal! :)

First off, we have the #05 of Julian McCarrington. After a very disappointing beginning to 2016, McCarrington Racing was unfortunately forced to shut down both of their Fords (#5, #05) after just 14 events. Kevin Brenner, driver of the #5 in 2016, has taken over as crew chief for the #05 in 2017. After securing funding for the entire year for the #05, they are looking forward to better results this year. Traqgear will sponsor Julian in 25 races, while AmericasMart will be on the car for 2 races. The other 9 races will be filled by a sponsor to be announced soon!

05TraqGear17.png

05AmericasMart1.png

Coming off a stellar 2016, Louis Acton and Great American Racing are stoked for 2017. With a season that consisted of 3 wins and 11 top 5s, resulting in a strong 3rd place finish in the standings at the end of the year. New England Motor Freight and the #77 team are excited to announce a 5 race deal, with an option for more races if this season goes well. Coors Light and Anker will return as well.

77NEMF1.png

As mentioned earlier, Jason Monahan has landed an 8 race deal with Komatsu sponsoring the #26 Toyota.

26Komatsu1.png

In addition to Komatsu, Nibco has also signed on for 4 races in 2017 for the #26 car.

26Nibco1.png

More to come very soon! :)

17. burtonbraves

Here are the next five schemes!

Quality Inn & Suites will be on the #54 Chevy of Henry Baines in 8 races this season.

54QualityInn1.png

Tarkett will sponsor the #4 of Nick O'Donnell in 3 races this year.

4Tarkett1.png

Blake Barnes has landed Speedway as primary sponsor for his #66 Toyota Camry for 6 races in 2017.

66Speedway1.png

Dan Archbald's #51 Holland Toyota he will race in 7 events this year.

51Holland1.png

And his Burger King Camry he will drive in 2 races this year. Rumor has it Burger King is looking to re-enter the sport in a big way, and this may be the beginning of a large deal for the #51 team depending on how 2017 goes.

51BurgerKing1.png

Stay tuned for more to come! Thanks for looking!

18. Scxurge

Scxurge Well-Known Member

I thought that said Blake Bortles and it made me giggle a lil' bit. Good stuff though man, keep it up.

burtonbraves likes this.
  19. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Great looking rides, as usual.

What number fonts are those on the 10 and 80 if you don't mind me asking?

burtonbraves likes this.
  20. burtonbraves

@Scxurge haha thanks. I was gonna make a joke about how at least Blake Barnes could win but then I realized I'm a 49ers fan so I have no space to talk whatsoever :p

@Darren Ingram thanks bud! The #80 font is Bullet and the #10 Mapquest is the same number from the Stavola Bros Gander Mtn #10 cars back in like 2010 or so. I got it from BER, check under Numbers-Sprint Cup-Historical I believe

Darren Ingram and Scxurge like this.