1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NSCS In Another Dimension

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by burtonbraves, Oct 8, 2016.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Member

I just wanted to comment and say I love your creativity and what you are doing. I am actually using a lot of your cars in my fictional universe. If you take suggestions I have a few - sponsors that you normally don't see painted. I've painted a few of my own but I'm not very good of some of the following:

Billabong
    Mr. Zogs Sex Wax
    NorthFace
    Australian Gold
    Vans
    Badfish
    Hurley
    O Neill
    Rip Curl
    Spitfire

I always think that these types of sponsors (skating, surfing, snowboarding, etc) with some of the out there and wild logos and color schemes can really look awesome on cars. Again, just suggestions. Keep up the good work.

XuticX and burtonbraves like this.
  2. XuticX

XuticX Top Snek

absolutely stunning paints. you are probably the best painter i've seen so far. the 11 Coca Cola car had me in tears. Great schemes and i can't wait to see more from you!

burtonbraves likes this.
  3. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

I keep waiting for you to make a Prang alternate for that #92 car. You know, no pressure or anything though lol

burtonbraves likes this.
  4. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

I love all of the cars in this set, Dale! Nice work.

I just have one question. What are the green and red parts on the BK car supposed to be from? Also, I think the green on the front should continue to the bottom of the splitter.

burtonbraves likes this.
  5. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 "AWWW NOODLES!"

I could be wrong, but it looks like the color scheme is based off their to-go bags.

burtonbraves and Tetronix like this.
  6. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Ohhhh I see. I don't eat BK. I ate there once, they messed up my order, and I got food poisoning the same day. Never going back.

burtonbraves likes this.
  7. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

@DownNDirty thank you for the comments and the suggestions! I have decided to use a couple of them and they will make their appearances soon!

@MrDude68 I think the same thing every time I'm racing around him haha

@Tetronix Indeed @KahneRacing945 was correct about it being based off their bags, I decided to make the lines like how they are due to the fact that I thought it would look weird to have the vertical and horizontal lines collide. Thank you! Here is a picture for reference! :) https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...cf4/t/55a6b7bce4b040acd6fd8a7c/1436989374243/

Next batch of cars is ready for reveal!

Eddie Hall is a 23 year old from Queens, NY. He has only been racing a couple years, but has shown incredible skill in his time around the sport. Racing in 18 events in NXS in 2015, he racked up 8 top 10s and a win at Dover. Racing out of the MP Racing stable, he will pilot the Budweiser Chevy in 2017. They are looking for big things in the coming season!

6Budweiser1.png

In 2016, Mat Rodgers shocked a lot of people with how strong he ran. Finishing 4th in the standings, including 1 win and 20 top 10s, the 24 year old Texan attracted Axe to jump on board as primary for 6 events in 2017. They will have 3 different schemes, each one running 2 races. Rodgers chose his three favorite scents to be showcased on the car, and is looking forward to an even stronger 2017. Though the competition has improved, he still is considered one of the favorites for the title. The short track ace will drive the Axe Essence, Excite, and Kilo Toyota next season.

39AxeEssence1.png

39AxeExcite1.png

39AxeKilo1.png

Justin Sparks came into the season as one of the favorites. After winning the 2015 Nascar Xfinity Series Championship, he was looking for a great season in the inaugural Nascar Sprint Cup Series. 4 wins and 16 top 5s crowned him your 2016 Nascar Sprint Cup Champion. A MASSIVE feat for the 25 year old from Orlando, FL. His team, Tornado Motorsports as well as sponsor Dixon Ticonderoga were very excited to announce he will be returning to competition in 2017 with a brand new contract. 4 years full time with the #92 team, as well as Dixon Ticonderoga proudly sponsoring at least 32 races per season. Sparks and company will look to go back to back in 2017. He will drive the #92 Prang Ford Fusion in 1 race this year. Sparks completed an impressive 99% of the laps in 2016, one of only 2 drivers to accomplish that feat.

92Prang1.png

Stay tuned for more as well as an updated team chart with a breakdown of how many races each scheme will race in 2017!

8. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

It takes days for me to crank out what you can do in 3-4 hours... I worship you lol

burtonbraves likes this.
  9. crazyshoes1978

crazyshoes1978 Member

Just wish I could paint that good. I have a lot of schemes in my head.

burtonbraves likes this.
  10. XuticX

XuticX Top Snek

those 39's are amazing. you could've just settled to make one base with different colors, but instead you changed it up a bit for all 3, but still managed to make them look similar. awesome work again.

burtonbraves likes this.
  11. InsideLine

InsideLine Well-Known Member

Dale, great cars! Is it possible to release them as car files instead of tga? Thank You very much for doing them and for sharing!

burtonbraves and thefaeway like this.
  12. pomcat

pomcat Well-Known Member

Beautiful work Dale all the cars look great.

burtonbraves likes this.
  13. mike robers

mike robers Member

Beautiful work on the set! Hope it continues!

burtonbraves likes this.
  14. TheSpeedanator

TheSpeedanator Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! Great Painting!!!!! Where do you get your #'s From?

burtonbraves likes this.
  15. burtonbraves

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everybody! I've taken a slight break from this for now just because my PC has been having a lot of issues. But I think I've finally worked those out and I should be back on track soon!

@InsideLine it is possible, but it would take a little while to make ~100 car files. I keep them as TGAs because it is easier to import each scheme right to the carfile so it won't mess up season standings and such.

@TheSpeedanator Numbers come from a bunch of places. Primarily would be BER (Big Evil Racing) and also SRD/Masgrafx. Plus a lot of them I make my own with different fonts.

pomcat and InsideLine like this.
  16. TheSpeedanator

17. burtonbraves

I use Paint Shop Pro X8, and when making custom numbers I open up a new document, and click on the text box to bring up the text field, type the number in and select it, then select the font I want to use and decide which one looks best. After that I just add whatever stroke or shadows it needs to look right.

18. TheSpeedanator

Thanks!!

burtonbraves likes this.
  19. MrPotter101

MrPotter101 Well-Known Member

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL paints. I could only dream to be this good.

If you don't mind me asking, what font do you use for the window banner?

20. burtonbraves

Thank you for the comment! With patience and practice I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be!As for the font, I thought I answered this, my bad! The font is Berthold Akzidenz Grotesk BE Bold and Italicized. I believe it is the same font used for the real name banners.

XuticX likes this.