1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NXS19 Mod Thread

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MattyO, Feb 18, 2019.

1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Going to give everyone updates as to what we are doing with the updated NXS17 mod in this thread. This will be a down and dirty change we hope. What I mean by that, is change the front ends on what is new (Yota and Camaro) and get them back in game and boom, everyone has an updated NXS mod.

But I'd like to rework some mips and shit too. So, maybe you guys have something that's annoyed you or wanted to see changed? Shoot us your idea's and we'll take them into consideration. We can't make any promises, but if it's not going to be crazy time consuming, we might try it.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping update textures/mips, and or would like to help paint some cars when the time comes for a car set, let me or @Alan Harkleroad or @Smoke OR know. We won't turn down help! lol

2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

I'm definitely down to paint cars. One thing that has bugged me in the past with the mod is the different steering wheels and gauge configurations. For NXS19, I'd like to see paintable steering wheels and one gauge set for all four makes.

MattyO likes this.
  3. MattyO

What do you mean? Like the placement of them? We did it that way so we could kinda give every make their own identity so to speak.

Little E Fan likes this.
  4. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

I personally would love to help on a car set

MattyO likes this.
  5. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

I'd be happy to assist on the carset

MattyO likes this.
  6. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Also, if you want to update any MIP files, I'd be glad to help out with that as well

MattyO likes this.
  7. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

Yeah, the placement. It felt odd going from car to car and having to get used to the gauge placement each time you changed.

MattyO likes this.
  8. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson #di9 Paint Crew

I'll certainly will be painting a few cars.

MattyO likes this.
  9. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

I'll be glad to paint a few! Have been wanting to get my foot in the door anyways :D

MattyO, Skyline and InsideLine like this.
  10. Devin41

Devin41 I wanna go fast!

I want to see the cars fall apart like BeamNG Drive cars. /sarcasm

Honestly an update to the car models would be sufficient for me. Everything else is great as is!

11. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I was going to offer to help with the carset but it looks like you have a rockstar lineup of painters so I will just say if anybody needs anything let me know. I haven't really messed with textures or anything before so I would be a total rookie at it but if there is something that is busy work that is fairly easy to learn I would be happy to help when I can.

As for the mod I am just happy you guys are willing to throw together an update. I know it is hard work and I'm sure there is the satisfaction of accomplishment but also the kind of bummer that comes when NASCAR changes something and you know everyone will be looking to you to remake all the work you put in so everyone can have the latest and greatest, so I just wanted to say thank you guys for all the hard work!!

Tetronix and MattyO like this.
  12. Mudd

Mudd Just Some Guy Paint Crew

So now everyones going to come take my job of painting NXS cars....

Kidding...of course I'm in.

13. MattyO

Don't let that deter you. There will be plenty of cars available for you to pick from. I am sure of that.

InsideLine and mtblillie like this.
  14. MattyO

So, just an FYI for everyone, @Smoke OR has built the new front ends in the Yota and Camaro, and we are doing the first step which is warp testing. And finding little anomalies that might need fixing.

Once we feel comfortable with the way they look, we'll put up some previews for you guys.

Sidenote, the NXS Toyota is the ugliest race car I've ever seen grace our beloved Nascar.... There is no making this car look good.

15. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

From painting to Beta testing, I'm willing to assist in any way you guys might need...

Skyline and MattyO like this.
  16. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

I am also willing to beta test.

One thing I would like to maybe see is an update to the driver model so that it's 3D under the visor, and we can customize what the driver looks like behind the visor.

Skyline and MattyO like this.
  17. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

I'm happy to help! I was thinking, maybe I could work on the pitcrews, since that tends to be a pain that no one really wants to do?

Skyline, puckhogg11, MattyO and 2 others like this.
  18. David Robb

David Robb Well-Known Member

interchangeable spoiler mip for plate tracks (I like the look of the SS spoiler)

Jakub Smetana likes this.
  19. MattyO

Welp, the first request from me should anyone choose to accept it...... we need high res pictures of the toyota and camaro. We've got something built, but we need to double check for accuracy. If you got em, could you share em with us please? Pretty please?

InsideLine, DaleTona75 and Tetronix like this.
  20. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Punslinger

Also, something else that I would like to see updated is the ford rear windows, as seen here. They are more round than the 2017 ones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also a few Supra pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And new Camaro front end
    [​IMG]
    These are the best I could find.

MattyO and joeykraus19 like this.