5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NXS20 Mod Thread [Released]

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm hoping beyond hope for any Xfinity or truck mod. If Matt and/or Smoke are behind it...I'll be painting it.
100% agree. Always been a fan of the SRD Xfinity mods... templates are usually well laid out and easy to paint on.
Same for TeamOmega's trucks. That, plus the MENCS19 mod, and Mystical's mod, combined with some of the great track work we've been seeing, I'm pretty damn happy.

Where are all the people saying the game is dead....? lol

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp Jack.......very sharp!

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hello all!,

Just wanted to introduce myself here; I am new to SimRacingDesign but have been following for many years since the early days of modding NR2K3!...anything Nascar related I particularly have enthusiasm for! ;)

Anyway, I thought it was long overdue to thank the SRD team which have quite frankly, made my NR2K3 experience as near to iRacing as can be; and now with the hopeful and very anticipated release of the NXS19 modification, I just want to give my utmost thanks to the team of very talented developers!.

Actually, NXS17 is the ONLY mod I use now in NR2K3 as I believe it is the most well produced, best quality modification available for the sim...PERIOD!.
The attention to detail including the graphics, shaders, physics, and car models are just astonishing for an ageing sim as NR2K3!...but non the less still a leader in every respect!!!.

Now since the news broke about the NXS19 mod being possibly dropped, I have to say I was very very gutted to say the least; although given the details as to why the modding team were being disenfranchised with certain "areas" of the community, I can easily understand their perspective.
However, like I discussed on another forum about the possible shutdown of the project; If all the progress and sincerest hard work to then be ceased just because a small minority of the disrespectful community conducts themselves in an appalling manner, the community as a whole which is largely more respective of SRDs' work are united in stating that the guys here at SRD are of more importance to the modding community as a whole than the pathetic few...

Like I've said, the NXS17 mod is by far and away THE best mod to date for NR2K3, and with the hope of a new NXS19 mod in development, I can only wish the team and their endeavours all the very best and PLEASE, PLEASE keep up the fantastic work!

Oh...and I ask...
NO...I am pleading and begging that you continue with the NXS19 mod and release it to the "right" community!
Thankyou @Smoke OR (and the team) - forgive me I'm new here!;)

P.S. Those renders of the cars are simply MIND BLOWINGLY BLOODY GOOD!!! - The Toyota is my favourite;););):):):):):):)

THANKYOU ALL!

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
That's a heck of a first post! Thanks for the compliments. I would like to correct you however, and possibly anyone else who misunderstand why this mod hasn't finished or still might not get finished.

It's got nothing to do with a certain few members or groups or anything like that at all. I've been doing this long enough to know that there will always be people like that.

The reason why this has dragged out so long, is it's purely me, and me alone. There was a day when I used to get up on the weekends and the first thing I wanted to do was grab some coffee and get to my office and start jamming in photoshop and 3d max. I couldn't wait to jump into creating a template or some textures or whatever needed to be done. But those days are gone. I've got to force myself to do it now. And it's not as much fun anymore.

Anyway, I thought you should know. And anyone else thinking that if this mod doesn't get done, it's because of someone, or a group of people who ruin it for everyone. That's just not the case. Not at all. I've just lost interest more frequently than I used to. Luckily at this very moment I've got motivation to get some shit done,lol.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Very appreciated Matt...but you have no misunderstanding to clarify. Your history and reputation are more than enough. Finished mod or not, it will not be an issue.

Don't force yourself too much, I feel that can be unhealthy over too long a period. Take care my friend.

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
@MattyO

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for your reply and explanation of the situation; although again, I must stress that I am new here and may have missed details as to the exact reason/s surrounding the NXS19 mod and it's progress...forgive me.

Let me also state that, as nice it would be, the NXS19 mod release would be fantastic; but in no means required if producing such content is causing issues/motivation/stress to yourself and others!...

I understand completely; after all, doing ones work whether for personal or public use takes enthusiasm and obviously motivation and if those fundamental aspects change, then you ask yourself..."why?"

I indeed myself have been in the same situation. For many years I produced liveries and helmet designs for the Codemasters F1 series of 'games' - many of which I took down from Racedepartment...but there are a few still there.

I have been doing many (personal) modifications/improvements for mods such as textures and liveries; even some internal code changes.
In fact, I've done a couple of liveries for the NXS17 mod...again for personal use (there are reasons for this).

Additionally, let me be quite clear @MattyO - I am in no way trying to 'force' yourself and your colleagues to complete and eventually release the NXS19 mod.

However, as I stated previously, I would be ecstatic if it was released; All the work and somewhat 'stress' caused by forcing one's self to continue is of higher concern!.
All the work you guys have done up to this point shouldn't be disregarded and from what I've witnessed so far, shows the determination and commitment that you and your team are continuing to do..and for this I applaud you all!

I will state categorically now that the NXS17 mod is by far and away THE best mod available for NR2K3!
This is in no way an insult or attack to other series mods that have been produced by others, far from it.

However, when you factor in all aspects of a particular mod (i.e. textures, physics, sounds, etc), in many other mods there's just not that polish applied in comparison to SRD'S mods...
I look at the complete package and make judgements based on each aspect, and no other than that of SRD'S, have that quality...sorry but that's my opinion.

So in essence, from a personal perspective, I always believe it's better to 'soldier on' and complete a modification than to stop and throw away all the work and sacrifice that has already been done...(again I'm also talking about it from a personal experience).

It's better to know, than to know what could've been!

Lastly, from your reply @MattyO, it's clear that there's still some motivation so, from that said, stick with it matey...you're so close to the final!

By the way, if you may require any additional assistance with textures, we can possibly talk about that.

Anyway, I've done enough ramblings so I'll end this post.

To @MattyO @Smoke OR and all the other guys involved in the NXS19 mod - All I ask is keep up the great work...your sacrifice will pay off guys!

ZeroHour

SRD Member
Reaction score
The work on display here is just amazing. The talent put into this is obvious, and whether it makes it to release or not, is much appreciated. I have been revisiting NR2003 (I played it a bit when it came out and then basically didn't touch it until last year) and being able to look at 17 years of passion, hard work, skill and raw man-hours is just incredible. So thank you guys who have poured your heart and soul into these projects.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Matt and Smoke, you know me...y'all make up a mod, and I'll paint on it. Thanks for doing what you have and even if it goes nowhere, we still appreciate the effort.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
I do need a favor from you cats. I seem to remember I need to fix the gauges so that they are glowing red at the correct value? Does that ring a bell with anyone? Was it the tach? Or oil? or water?or all of them? lol