5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NXS20 Mod Thread [Released]

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
I read back and I think it was the oil, but I don't think having that function for the water gauge would be a bad thing either

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Today I saw something I was missing on the hood, there is a little scalloped area that I added. And now the side windows are smoother and refined so that the f'd up way Nascar teams cover the windows and what have you, can be a little more accurately portrayed on the template. The side window frames were always a .mip file in game. But now that teams paint over it or whatever the fuck.......lol, I still don't get it, but whatever. It's more accurate than what we had before is what I am trying to say.

Attachments

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
I do need a favor from you cats. I seem to remember I need to fix the gauges so that they are glowing red at the correct value? Does that ring a bell with anyone? Was it the tach? Or oil? or water?or all of them? lol
I know the tach glows red @MattyO - not sure about the others...not had engine issues or tested them.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I can also recall the water temp and oil temp gauges do have red dial textures.

Last edited:

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
@MattyO - I kinda need to ask you something...

I do this with most mods I download, so don't be alarmed or worried okay!.

As the NXS17 mods is pretty much perfect in terms of my personal preference, I always change certain textures to my liking.
I have many textures of Spek gauges; although again, the NXS17 was very acceptable...however...

I modified (for personal use only) all the gauges. I didn't do much really, just darkened the appearance of the gauge dials a tad...hope you don't mind

Again, I must stress FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!
I would never modify anything without prior approval if i had any inclination to release anything.

I'll not go into specific details on what other mods I've modified (improved for personal use only).

I just felt that the gauges (at least on my system) were a little to light in brightness; however I also use reshade which I've edited to make the sim appearance look more like its successor...iRacing.

Oh...also...a quick question
I sometimes alter the colour of the rollcage; only thing is, the weld lines remain 'unpainted'...

I thought I could change it but as you are aware, the welds on the roll cages are universal and obviously if I changed and added the colour, it would be visable in all cars...regardless of different colour cages.

Is it possible for the weld lines be incorporated in the paint of the roll cage...?

chevy29

SRD Member
Reaction score
The tach in exfinity now red lights at 8600 rpm,the water temp red at 240,the fuel press red at 3 psi,the oil press red at 15 psi. Hope this helps. Stay healthy everybody!!

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
The tach in exfinity now red lights at 8600 rpm,the water temp red at 240,the fuel press red at 3 psi,the oil press red at 15 psi. Hope this helps. Stay healthy everybody!!
This is for the NXS19 mod...?

If it is then fantastic guys!
Keep up the amazing work and of course...keep safe and well!

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
s it possible for the weld lines be incorporated in the paint of the roll cage...?
That's not something we'd change. I suggested taking out the ability to paint the roll cage years ago since Nascar doesn't allow for roll cage changes anyway. But I was outvoted,lol.
The tach in exfinity now red lights at 8600 rpm,the water temp red at 240,the fuel press red at 3 psi,the oil press red at 15 psi. Hope this helps.
Is this real time data for the Xfinity cars? You're not saying what our mod red lines at right?

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Today I saw something I was missing on the hood, there is a little scalloped area that I added. And now the side windows are smoother and refined so that the f'd up way Nascar teams cover the windows and what have you, can be a little more accurately portrayed on the template. The side window frames were always a .mip file in game. But now that teams paint over it or whatever the fuck.......lol, I still don't get it, but whatever. It's more accurate than what we had before is what I am trying to say.
I definitely like to see that the template will be similar to the NXS17, those were rather easy to get down. Now I am wondering, will you have multiple configurations of the template/mod like the SS version or Indy Version, etc...?

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
I definitely like to see that the template will be similar to the NXS17, those were rather easy to get down.
They will be almost exactly the same as before. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?
Now I am wondering, will you have multiple configurations of the template/mod like the SS version or Indy Version, etc...?
I don't know what those templates you are referring to look like. But no, ours will be your basic run of the mill standard template like we usually do. Any special needs that need to me done to templates will have to be done by the end user. I can't spoon feed these guys for every little detail they need for their cars. I never took that approach to template making anyway. And won't change now,lol.

chevy29

SRD Member
Reaction score
The tach and water temp is real time data with the new engines, the fuel psi and oil psi is papyrus if i remember right.

sweetracerdude

SRD Member
Reaction score
They will be almost exactly the same as before. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?
Easier the better... its like muscle memory to design on an SRD Template

I don't know what those templates you are referring to look like. But no, ours will be your basic run of the mill standard template like we usually do. Any special needs that need to me done to templates will have to be done by the end user. I can't spoon feed these guys for every little detail they need for their cars. I never took that approach to template making anyway. And won't change now,lol
Just different variations of the mod, but honestly I can do without the multiple formats for one good quality mod.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
I would be happy with any mod from y'all, but it sounds like that I should be able to change over my NXS17 with minimal work, so that is a bonus.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Just different variations of the mod, but honestly I can do without the multiple formats for one good quality mod.
Oh, I see what you are asking. Yeah, just one variation of the mod.
I would be happy with any mod from y'all, but it sounds like that I should be able to change over my NXS17 with minimal work, so that is a bonus.
Yeah, I don't think it will too bad at all other than the Toyota for obvious reasons. I don't know about the Ford, I've ignored it so far and hoping it will get done the longer I ignore it,lol.

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
I am very happy and glad that you guys (SRD modders) are still making progress on the NXS19 mod...i am so eager (or hope) that i can drive with the new Supra!

I can't seem to put my finger on it but...
I just enjoy and like the Xfinity series more than Cup series; even the Gander trucks are 2nd to Xfinity!!!

I'm begging guys...please don't give up on It!

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just fantastic stuff in here all around, glad to see this is still in the works!

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you are asking. Yeah, just one variation of the mod.

Yeah, I don't think it will too bad at all other than the Toyota for obvious reasons. I don't know about the Ford, I've ignored it so far and hoping it will get done the longer I ignore it,lol.
LOL... I've tried that theory on my wife's projects around the house. She informed me it doesn't work that way... She always has to bust my bubble..:(

Looking Good Matt.. Thanks!

Gorflump

Sim racing enthusiast
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey @MattyO & the SRD team!,

You'll have to forgive me if I haven't included any individual of the team as I unfortunately don't know who is a part of it...(maybe you can help me out Hey! ;)

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and ask how the NXS19 Supra is coming along...

I obviously viewed the 'preview' screens but, if you'd be so kind....could we have a few more taster screens...pretty please! LOL

I am anticipating this mod so much I feel like crying!
I've just ordered my sim wheel from MPI; so when I receive it, along with racing on NXS17 and sadly (iRacing), the immersion will be awesome!

In fact, I'd be ecstatic if a few high resolution renders of the new Supra were uploaded...I need a nice background for my desktop!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in but guys....wish ya all the best! Keep safe and well hey

God bless you all

sweetracerdude

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey @MattyO & the SRD team!,

You'll have to forgive me if I haven't included any individual of the team as I unfortunately don't know who is a part of it...(maybe you can help me out Hey! ;)

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and ask how the NXS19 Supra is coming along...

I obviously viewed the 'preview' screens but, if you'd be so kind....could we have a few more taster screens...pretty please! LOL

I am anticipating this mod so much I feel like crying!
I've just ordered my sim wheel from MPI; so when I receive it, along with racing on NXS17 and sadly (iRacing), the immersion will be awesome!

In fact, I'd be ecstatic if a few high resolution renders of the new Supra were uploaded...I need a nice background for my desktop!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in but guys....wish ya all the best! Keep safe and well hey

God bless you all
I can tell you asking how its coming along, when it'll be released, etc will cause them to either delay it or not even produce it. When @MattyO has an update or wants to share he will... trust me been around here for almost 15 years ;-)

JMurrayMO81

SRD Member
Reaction score
I can tell you asking how its coming along, when it'll be released, etc will cause them to either delay it or not even produce it. When @MattyO has an update or wants to share he will... trust me been around here for almost 15 years ;-)
Exactly. That's one of the worst things a mod maker has to deal with. People showing impatience asking when it'll be done and also people demanding this or that.

There are plenty of people interested and excited for the mod but you don't see them asking when it's going to be done. Respect is important to be given. Remember, they don't have to spend their time doing this. None of the NR2003 content creators do. So if they are willing to spend their time on it then it's important to show them respect and not put too many expectations on them. Doing that ends up making them burnt out and not wanting to do it anymore.

Personally, I don't see too many mod makers out there anymore and a lot of the big hitters have quit making them. DMR, SNG, BullRing, as well as some others aren't in the mod making business anymore. And it's not like there's people replacing them every time one quits. The fact that SRD's and Matt's still doing this - despite sounding like he's been burnt out - deserves the utmost respect for it and not to have people demanding it.